Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

4. I went into Clover Configurator, to Devices in the left panel, went to the "Properties" tab in "Arbitrary/Properties" on the right, for the Devices column I entered the above DevicePath "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)", for the Properties Key column I entered "AAPL,ig-platform-id", for the Properties Value column I tried all three of the Haswell values in turn, with the hex values correctly reversed (so 0x0D220003 -> 0300220D, 0x0A160000 -> 0000160A, 0x0A260005 -> 0500260A).

5. Reboot, doesn't work, no matter which of the above three values I entered in the Properties Value column.
Is the "Value Type" set to "DATA"?

Edit: Also, I don't understand why the guide suggests compiling WhaterGreen,lilu - I just copied the release kexts from the GitHub download for each project. Is compiling really necessary?

Hello, I hope someone can help me out here.

I have finished installing macOS 10.14 Mojave onto my HP Envy 750-177c Desktop but can't seem to get the Intel HD 530 graphics to work. Launchpad and dock animations are very choppy. The UI in general is horrible compared to my '12 MBP with HD 4000 graphics.

As seen in the pictures below, it shows the proper amount of memory for the graphics, not the "7MB" that is commonly seen.
Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 7.00.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 7.01.02 AM.png

I have included my EFI folder in case it helps solve this problem

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 83
Hello, I hope someone can help me out here.

I have finished installing macOS 10.14 Mojave onto my HP Envy 750-177c Desktop but can't seem to get the Intel HD 530 graphics to work. Launchpad and dock animations are very choppy. The UI in general is horrible compared to my '12 MBP with HD 4000 graphics.

As seen in the pictures below, it shows the proper amount of memory for the graphics, not the "7MB" that is commonly seen.
View attachment 362018
View attachment 362019

I have included my EFI folder in case it helps solve this problem
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

My hackintosh can't connect to the internet yet so it won't let me use the gen_debug tool.
I think I've got all the files?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 73
  • ioreg.zip
    587.9 KB · Views: 62
  • kextstat terminal output.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Rehabman.zip
    58.5 KB · Views: 82
My hackintosh can't connect to the internet yet so it won't let me use the gen_debug tool.
I think I've got all the files?

According to ioreg, your graphics setup looks ok (QE/CI).
You will need to provide more details on what you see as an issue.

But your USB configuration is wrong (you need to create custom SSDT for USBInjectAll to stay within 15-port limit).

According to ioreg, your graphics setup looks ok (QE/CI).
You will need to provide more details on what you see as an issue.

But your USB configuration is wrong (you need to create custom SSDT for USBInjectAll to stay within 15-port limit).

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

EDIT: ITS WORKING!!! I had to include the voodooTSCSync kext. Big shout out to MikeCa for the info I needed (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-sierra-10-12-hp-envy-750se-i7-6700k-980ti.206837/)
Kind of weird because I used that kext when I first tried to hack this machine, but then again, I didn't know what I was doing a week ago.

Thanks for the help as well RehabMan

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The main issues are clunky launchpad and dock animations, playing songs in iTunes sounds like play-pause-play-pause. Trying to use the visualizer would result in no animation, just a black window.

Most of the time booting to the login screen, the apple logo+loading bar screen covers the login screen. So I have to type my password blind, wait for it to log in, use the shift+cmnd+Q short cut to log out to even see the login screen. Sometimes it boots straight to the login window but the avatar above where you type the password starts moving to the right of the screen. All around weird stuff.

Even typing some of the commands in terminal, I had to go through the menu tabs for the text in terminal to appear after I typed it. I seems like I have to force it to refresh the screen if that makes any sense.

When trying to install mojave, the language select window, disk utility, and the installer window would stack on top of each other, unlike a regular mac where only one window was open at a time.

Edit: Also, when I run Intel Power Gadget, the GFX frequency line is stuck at zero. Which is why I'm thinking this is a graphics problem, unless this could caused by a bad PSU, but I don't think it is because Windows 10 runs completely fine.

I was going to fix the USB SSDT after I got this "graphics" issue fixed, unless, for some strange reason, my USB config is causing this mess?

Last edited:
I have got another problem. I installed Mojave with Intel UHD 630 with id 0x3E92 but no acceleration. I then install Lilu & WhateverGreen and I got "No Signal" on screen. My motherboard has 1xHDMI and 1xVGA, for test I connected to VGA and I have screen with working 1536MB graphics, so I think that I need to patch Framebuffer right ? Sorry for bad English

Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)
Intel HD graphics 4600 (device id : 0x4168086,ig-platform id :0x0a260006) worked well with intelgraphicsfixup+lilu
I'm trying for whatevergreen.kext+lilu. It is showing only 4 MB of graphics memory.

Attachments

• efi:clover(without themes).zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 81
  • kextcache.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 92
  • outputs.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 68
  • RehabMan.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IOREG.zip
    500.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited: