Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Just wanted to post that this was the only method I could find to get my i7-8700K integrated graphics (UHD 630) working with Mojave. I was using my GTX 1060 in High Sierra, but with no Nvidia drivers I wanted to switch to using integrated graphics on Mojave. I thought simply removing my Nvidia settings in clover, and the web drivers would work, but it's more involved. Thank you for the guide - everything is working now.

I originally glossed over the guide, and thought I could just set my 'ig-platform-id' under the "Graphics" section of clover and it would work. To anyone with a similar setup as mine, follow the guide - that's not how it works.

The key things I was missing (i7-8700K integrated graphics only):
  • Don't set the "Graphics" -> 'ig-platform-id' setting via clover. It should be empty.
  • Do enable integrated graphics in your BIOS
  • Do set "SMBIOS" to 18,1 in clover. Don't just change the product name, you need click the model drop-down so it correctly fills in the other fields. Using 18,3 will give you choppy graphics with artifacts everywhere. Also, you'll need to remove the "old" device from iCloud -> Devices, etc. Make sure you actually need to do this - for me this cleared up my glitching/flickering graphics issues.
  • Do remove all the old graphics flags/kexts per the guide
  • Do add the Devices -> Properties -> PciRoot entry to config.plist per the guide. This is the main thing I was missing, and until I did it switching to my integrated graphics port would always crash during boot. For an i7-8700K it looks like this:
Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 1.25.14 PM.png

Last edited:
I have problem with intel hd 530.It shows 7mb on Mojave.
as for patching the Framebuffer,ı don't know where to begin.
Anyone to help?

I had problem of flickering and it is fine after changed to iMac 18,1. I have no idea how to change the HEX from this guide. But do follow the recommendation for disabled all unnecessary injects and SMBios changed. It works now. Flickering is gone and HD630 read right.

I had problem of flickering and it is fine after changed to iMac 18,1. I have no idea how to change the HEX from this guide. But do follow the recommendation for disabled all unnecessary injects and SMBios changed. It works now. Flickering is gone and HD630 read right.
Copy/Paste the patch into a text (i.e. config_lilu.plist) file or dump it via the File menu (Export/Clover config.plist). Then open it using Xcode and just copy/paste it to you target config.plist. There is no need to convert anything then.

I'm still having trouble for some reason, and the last time I attempted to use Whatevergreen, I managed to glitch the entire system beyond repair (got stuck in a boot loop) and had to reinstall macOS from scratch. I'll recap all the steps I did, if anyone finds an error in what I did please let me know:

1. Following the instructions, I removed all the kexts and Clover injections that I had active; for me this meant removing FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Shiki.kext from /System/Library/Extensions, setting config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=NO, and config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX= . I didn't have AddHDMI, FixDisplay, FixIntelGfx, AddIMEI, Disable UseIntelHDMI, or -disablegfxfirmware active, and I didn't have /Devices/Arbitrary, /Devices/Properties, nor /Devices/AddProperties in config.plist, nor anything in CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

2. I downloaded the compiled Whatevergreen.kext and Lilu.kext, and put these into the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.

3. I used gfxutil to get my IGPU path, for me the output was the same as in the guide,
DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

4. I went into Clover Configurator, to Devices in the left panel, went to the "Properties" tab in "Arbitrary/Properties" on the right, for the Devices column I entered the above DevicePath "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)", for the Properties Key column I entered "AAPL,ig-platform-id", for the Properties Value column I tried all three of the Haswell values in turn, with the hex values correctly reversed (so 0x0D220003 -> 0300220D, 0x0A160000 -> 0000160A, 0x0A260005 -> 0500260A).

5. Reboot, doesn't work, no matter which of the above three values I entered in the Properties Value column.

Bump…… I'm at my wit's end now……

What is your gpu vyiciu

What is your gpu vyiciu
Intel HD Graphics 4400, as stated in the hardware description I just filled out. There is no discrete graphics, nor is it possible to install discrete graphics (no expansion slot available).

If I may recap again the steps I've tried:

1. Following the instructions, I removed all the kexts and Clover injections that I had active; for me this meant removing FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Shiki.kext from /System/Library/Extensions, setting config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=NO, and config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX= . I didn't have AddHDMI, FixDisplay, FixIntelGfx, AddIMEI, Disable UseIntelHDMI, or -disablegfxfirmware active, and I didn't have /Devices/Arbitrary, /Devices/Properties, nor /Devices/AddProperties in config.plist, nor anything in CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

2. I downloaded the compiled Whatevergreen.kext and Lilu.kext, and put these into the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.

3. I used gfxutil to get my IGPU path, for me the output was the same as in the guide,
DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

4. I went into Clover Configurator, to Devices in the left panel, went to the "Properties" tab in "Arbitrary/Properties" on the right, for the Devices column I entered the above DevicePath "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)", for the Properties Key column I entered "AAPL,ig-platform-id", for the Properties Value column I tried all three of the Haswell values in turn, with the hex values correctly reversed (so 0x0D220003 -> 0300220D, 0x0A160000 -> 0000160A, 0x0A260005 -> 0500260A).

5. Reboot, doesn't work, no matter which of the above three values I entered in the Properties Value column.

I have intel hd 530.
ı had the same problem-7mb vram.
ı used rehabman's updated config file for laptop.
ıf you haven't already tried,you may try the config file for 4600.

Back