Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for sharing my experience
I come from Linux, totally noob in MacOs and Hackintosh
Using RehabMan’s guide on post #1 and Leesureone Patches, drivers64UEFI, kexts (post #323)
config file (post #362) and updates(post #430) I was able to install Mojave 10.14.5 and Clover 4920
on Nuc8i3beh with bios 71, 2x8GB Crucial single core Ddr4/2400 and Samsung 256GB 860Evo ssd.
Yesterday, I replaced Samsung 860 ssd with a 256GB Silicon Power P34A80 PCIe 3x4 M2.NVMe
just cloning disks with Ccc,
then mounting and coping Efi partitions from first disk to second one
and installing newer Clover (4988) On NVMe disk.
Then I disabled ssd disk on bios and booted from Nvme,
System run smoothly.
This morning, I updated bios to version 73 with f7 and .bio file with no Issues
Again, system run smoothly!

Here some bench. (with no optimisation, just for testing hardware):
BlackMagic Disk Speed Test : 1000.8MB/s W - 2566.9MB/s R
Novabench 1328 (cpu 532 - gpu 323 - ram 288 - disk 185)
Geekbench 4 cpu : single core 4783 - multi core 9874
Geekbench 4 compute (OpenCL) : 34098

Mani Thanks to RehabMan, Leesureone and tonymacx86

Another thing I wanted to mention, when I'm watching a video on youtube using safari, about after 3 to 4 mins, the screen goes black(watching in full screen mode) the video comes back when I move the mouse or exit out of full screen mode.
Me too.
Same behaviour

I have successfuly installed the latest Mojave with the latest BIOS for NUC8i5BEK2 (73) - with Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe and everything is working fine, but the fan is really noisy (~2500 rpm). There is any fan profile which is a 'standard' with macOS?
No but you can see a couple of examples other users have reported success with in post 527 the page before this one. It might take tweaking them depending on your internal components.

just an update, it turns out that my nuc has a bad hdmi port. I confirmed it with installing windows 10, last time I was able to display from hdmi port, but after running bios update, it stopped working, but also it was sending bad signal causing my monitor to freakout for a little bit. I also did install bios 73 and it boots up just fine.

just an update, it turns out that my nuc has a bad hdmi port. I confirmed it with installing windows 10, last time I was able to display from hdmi port, but after running bios update, it stopped working, but also it was sending bad signal causing my monitor to freakout for a little bit. I also did install bios 73 and it boots up just fine.
Hi, just following up. So the HDMI port is defective? Out of curiosity did you try another display?

QHD Screen sleep issue

Thank you so much for this guide, I was able to convert my NUC8i5BEH into a great little machine.
I used the details as written down by xlr928 (post 397) and that worked out of the box for me.

All worked fine, but after changing monitor from fullHD to a Lenovo L24q-10 QHD (2560x1440) I have issues.
As soon as the display sleep mode is enabled and I wake the screen it keeps 'resetting' the display adapter resulting in around 5 seconds of blank screen and then a good screen for 1-3 seconds and looping the same. Only way to resolve is to reboot.
Monitor supports DDI, but disabling DDI did not seem to resolve this.

Ay clues ? Much appreciated, Erik. (Thought I have read this before, but there does not seem to be a search function)

QHD Screen sleep issue

Thank you so much for this guide, I was able to convert my NUC8i5BEH into a great little machine.
I used the details as written down by xlr928 (post 397) and that worked out of the box for me.

All worked fine, but after changing monitor from fullHD to a Lenovo L24q-10 QHD (2560x1440) I have issues.
As soon as the display sleep mode is enabled and I wake the screen it keeps 'resetting' the display adapter resulting in around 5 seconds of blank screen and then a good screen for 1-3 seconds and looping the same. Only way to resolve is to reboot.
Monitor supports DDI, but disabling DDI did not seem to resolve this.

Ay clues ? Much appreciated, Erik. (Thought I have read this before, but there does not seem to be a search function)
The search function is available on the top of the page on the right side. Just click on the magnifying glass.

Hi, just following up. So the HDMI port is defective? Out of curiosity did you try another display?
sorry for the late response, I got pretty busy in the last few days. The HDMI port is defective. I've tried it on different monitors that I have laying around at the office. I got another same NUC, so I'm gonna try that out and will let you know.

Interesting, I can't replicate that behavior. Safari running YouTube no issues.
You may want to try making it full screen and play a few different videos that are longer than 3 mins long. I tested it with music videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back