Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly if you want "Flawless" buy a real Macmini. Wireless and Bluetooth work out of the box, as do audio and video obviously, but there is no camera on either. That said most users in this forum have no issues with sound, some do and some find ways to work with the issues to resolve them. Some have had issues with the microphone not working well. USB Video Cameras and Audio solutions exist if you are so inclined.

Dual monitors work and I have a USBc to HDMI cable that works nicely, the caveat is you can only have one plugged in at boot, once booted you can plug in the second. As far as I know that is the work around.
Hope that helps
I totally understand about the flawlessly thing. My bad for saying it that way. I meant " a system that might cost less money than a mac with similar specs but that can run most programs as wells".

Anyway.

II have a Mac mini so the mic is from my headset, and the camera is usb. I just want to make sure the nuc can also use this kind of devices. Please leat me know what usb to hdmi dongle you have @Leesureone I might buy the same then. Thanks for now. But I am pretty sure that I will come back for adviceonce I am trying to install the system. I highly appreciate the support.

I totally understand about the flawlessly thing. My bad for saying it that way. I meant " a system that might cost less money than a mac with similar specs but that can run most programs as wells".

Anyway.

II have a Mac mini so the mic is from my headset, and the camera is usb. I just want to make sure the nuc can also use this kind of devices. Please leat me know what usb to hdmi dongle you have @Leesureone I might buy the same then. Thanks for now. But I am pretty sure that I will come back for adviceonce I am trying to install the system. I highly appreciate the support.
This is the cable I use

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KWM6MT5/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Hello,

Just to help everyone about bluetooth and wifi, i'm using Kinivo BTD-400 as bluetooth adaptor and Tp-Link Archer T2U with driver for mac and transcend 1TB M.2 NVME SSD.

Hi, can somebody please help me out?

I have recently purchased an "Intel NUC Kit NUC8i5BEH - Barebone", and I have given it 12 attempts. So far I haven't managed to get further than "Press « Return » twice to go back to the Clover boot loader screen. Once done, select "Boot macOS Install from ..."

- https://azerty.nl/product/intel/3637103/nuc-kit-nuc8i5beh-barebone-mini-pc
- Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c.pkg
- Clover_v2.5k_r5103.pkg

I have tried both clover pkg's.

I have followed part one completely, and part 2 partially till step 2. Thus, so far I haven't managed to get past step 2.

Edit(03-02-2020):
My problem at the moment is that part 2 step 2 is not working for me. I have even waited for longer than 2 hours once, yet that didn't do it either. It just won't boot the macOS installation.

Edit(04-02-2020):
Problem fixed by deleting whatevergreen.text

Last edited:
@Leesureone One question, mate. Is it possible to buy the data cable and install it in a Belt version? I know there is no space but I might modify it to install the SSD later.

@Leesureone One question, mate. Is it possible to buy the data cable and install it in a Belt version? I know there is no space but I might modify it to install the SSD later.
I'm not sure I understand your question.

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Sorry.If I buy a Nuc8i5BEK instead of a BEH version, a generic cable like this would work in order to connect the SSD so I can then later use the adapter to get wifi?

Sorry.If I buy a Nuc8i5BEK instead of a BEH version, a generic cable like this would work in order to connect the SSD so I can then later use the adapter to get wifi?
Gotcha. Looks like it would work although I don't think there is room for the SATA drive inside the case. I'm also thinking you would need to modify the case so the cables could exit from the back or side but then the drive would be exposed. I'd reccomend buying the BEH model if you want to go that route.

Dual monitors work and I have a USBc to HDMI cable that works nicely, the caveat is you can only have one plugged in at boot, once booted you can plug in the second. As far as I know that is the work around.
Hope that helps

@Leesureone I've managed to have it work at boot by powering the USBc to HDMI adapter. As long I don't disconnect the power, it appears that the adapter will be recognized at boot and dual monitor works properly.

@Leesureone I've managed to have it work at boot by powering the USBc to HDMI adapter. As long I don't disconnect the power, it appears that the adapter will be recognized at boot and dual monitor works properly.
Can you explain what you mean by "powering" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back