Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the problem of my Apple USB keyboard not recognized by Clover at startup I think I found, it's due to the keyboard, it is not recognized systematically. I a priori solved the problem by connecting it to a USB hub powered by 5V.

Sharing here just in case anyone facing this issue in the future. It caused me to tinkering around for 3 days.
I had an issue while installing mojave 14.4.4. Having stucked at the loading screen after Step 8, going into 3rd boot. The third boot will never be able to complete and go into the region setup.

My solution is use clover version 4910, and tick the osxaptiofix3drv-64 to upgrade the clover. After that, you will have no issue on booting the macos.

Sharing here just in case anyone facing this issue in the future. It caused me to tinkering around for 3 days.
I had an issue while installing mojave 14.4.4. Having stucked at the loading screen after Step 8, going into 3rd boot. The third boot will never be able to complete and go into the region setup.

My solution is use clover version 4910, and tick the osxaptiofix3drv-64 to upgrade the clover. After that, you will have no issue on booting the macos.
You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)

Hi everyone, I thought that for NUC having present AptioMemoryFix-64 you cannot use OsxAptioFix3drv-64 at the same time, as both kinda do the same work. Can anyone confirm? Seems AptioMemoryFix-64.efi is the new Clover hotness... combined with EmuVariableUefi-64. Thanks.

Hi everyone, I thought that for NUC having both AptioMemoryFix-64 you cannot use OsxAptioFix3drv-64 at the same time, as both kinda do the same work. Can anyone confirm? Seems AptioMemoryFix-64.efi is the new Clover hotness... combined with EmuVariableUefi-64. Thanks.
correct

Hello all. I am currently running the latest BIOS version (66), but trying to downgrade it now to see if that helps. I was trying to use the guide originally linked at the beginning of this thread, and have been having the same results.

I have an HP EX920 M.2 256GB NVMe SSD, and 2x4GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR-2666 RAM.

Essentially, I get into Clover UEFI (SSD not formatted or anything), try to boot to my install_osx partition (createmedia method), and I get the Apple Logo with the progress bar. Progress bar fills up after a long time, but does not progress at all past the logo/bar.

I have booted verbose, and no matter what I've tried, I get stuck at this step (check attached image). I tried to Google things about Hackintosh and APFS and didn't get very far. I've not really seen this as a common issue browsing through this thread.

Thoughts?

I am now using less kexts and EFI drivers than when I did this, but I hang at exactly the same spot every time I try to install. I can't even boot into the OSX Install screen.

EDIT: I'm also trying to install Mojave 10.14.4, but am exploring trying to figure out how to download an installer for 10.14.3 or older as well (no luck yet).

EDIT2: All, I just successfully downgraded to BIOS version 51, and the verbose boot is still going (I'm not into the installer yet, but I successfully passed where I was getting stuck before). Looks like Version 66 is incompatible at the moment. Not sure about Version 64.

Attachments

• IMG_20190407_162712.jpg
    IMG_20190407_162712.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Hello all. I am currently running the latest BIOS version (66), but trying to downgrade it now to see if that helps. I was trying to use the guide originally linked at the beginning of this thread, and have been having the same results.

I have an HP EX920 M.2 256GB NVMe SSD, and 2x4GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR-2666 RAM.

Essentially, I get into Clover UEFI (SSD not formatted or anything), try to boot to my install_osx partition (createmedia method), and I get the Apple Logo with the progress bar. Progress bar fills up after a long time, but does not progress at all past the logo/bar.

I have booted verbose, and no matter what I've tried, I get stuck at this step (check attached image). I tried to Google things about Hackintosh and APFS and didn't get very far. I've not really seen this as a common issue browsing through this thread.

Thoughts?

I am now using less kexts and EFI drivers than when I did this, but I hang at exactly the same spot every time I try to install. I can't even boot into the OSX Install screen.

EDIT: I'm also trying to install Mojave 10.14.4, but am exploring trying to figure out how to download an installer for 10.14.3 or older as well (no luck yet).

EDIT2: All, I just successfully downgraded to BIOS version 51, and the verbose boot is still going (I'm not into the installer yet, but I successfully passed where I was getting stuck before). Looks like Version 66 is incompatible at the moment. Not sure about Version 64.

I had experienced the same issue as yours. I managed to solve this by downgrading my bios to 56 as 56 is used by most of the users here. You can't find them in the intel official website, but you still can find them through forum here. Someone shared about it here. I think its around page 17/18.

I had experienced the same issue as yours. I managed to solve this by downgrading my bios to 56 as 56 is used by most of the users here. You can't find them in the intel official website, but you still can find them through forum here. Someone shared about it here. I think its around page 17/18.
Yeah, I downgraded to version 51 and got past that point. Having a different issue now though.

All, I was able to start installation of Mojave after downgrading my BIOS. However, I'm getting stuck on Step 8 of Part 2, where I'm supposed to be booting into the install for the last time. I get stuck at this step (reference verbose picture attached; IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0). I saw a couple of people in this thread and on Google with the same text where I'm getting stopped. I tried changing the ig-platform-id to 0x12345678 and got stuck at the same place. Is there a problem with my SSD maybe?

Attachments

• IMG_20190410_182242.jpg
    IMG_20190410_182242.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back