Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a sidenote to all... I have a Vast 35" monitor (100Hz). The Hackintosh automatically set the refresh rate to 100Hz. I had some issues with a purple flash during boot and green flashes on the screen while in use. Since I don't need this to do anything with 100Hz refresh rate, I set it down to 75Hz and it's basically running flawlessly now.

10.14.4 完美的操作
Could you share the EFI file? From now on, I have those problem in 10.14.4:
1.display purple "apple" logo when power on computer
2.bluetooth recognized error when wake up from sleep status: the bluetooth vendor before sleep is broadcom, after wake up is errison

NUC8i5BEH
32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400mhz
SATA SSD Samsung MZ7TY256HDHP-000L7

Followed everything to the T and post #242 add on. Sometimes during bootup i get the no entry logo and verbose shows this. I noticed that if I go into BIOS and even exit without saving, it would work. I tried flashing 0056 and then back to 0051 but it still happens randomly, especially from a cold boot.

Please help if there is a solution for this. Thanks!
View attachment 399375

Hi Kaida - press space in clover when booting and enable slide=0, worked for me.

Hello,

First hackintosh after 5 years, I have NUC8i3BEH with 16 GB of hyper x DDR 4 Ram and Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2.

After completing part 1, updating bios, and booting from the clover, apple logo shows up with progress bar, at the end of progress bar, then nothing happens, install screen does not show up (MacOS Mojave). repeated steps several times, no change. Please help. any insight would be great. many thanks.

Hello,

First hackintosh after 5 years, I have NUC8i3BEH with 16 GB of hyper x DDR 4 Ram and Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2.

After completing part 1, updating bios, and booting from the clover, apple logo shows up with progress bar, at the end of progress bar, then nothing happens, install screen does not show up (MacOS Mojave). repeated steps several times, no change. Please help. any insight would be great. many thanks.
What bios version did you update too? If you followed the guide and you are above version 56 you will need to modify your config.plist or downgrade the bios. See below:

Hi Kaida - press space in clover when booting and enable slide=0, worked for me.

post #258 did not work for me.

post #261 worked for me! press space in clover when booting and enable slide=0

Last edited:
What bios version did you update too? If you followed the guide and you are above version 56 you will need to modify your config.plist or downgrade the bios. See below:

Thanks, my BIOs version is BE0066 (need to downgrade bios to below 56)

post #258 did not work for me.

post #261 worked for me! press space in clover when booting and enable slide=0
That’s cool it’s working, if you followed the guide closely you really shouldn’t need it. Something is setup wrong and it’s a work around but....sometimes that’s enough.

That’s cool it’s working, if you followed the guide closely you really shouldn’t need it. Something is setup wrong and it’s a work around but....sometimes that’s enough.

I thought so too but I have tried gone through the entire guide 4-5x but around half the time still gets the no entry sign during startup. slide=0 eliminate the problem completely. The only conclusion I can say is that I have the NUC8i5BEH3

1 more thing I like to ask is that shouldn't we change the SMBIOS to MacBookPro15,2 since this is the exact Intel i5 8259U CPU? Or may I know why is iMac16,2 better?

Thanks for the great help and speedy replies on troubleshooting!

We have the same cpu...not sure what the difference in the model numbers are or what is causing yours to halt. I’ve been using Macmini 8,1 but you can see if MacbookPro15,2 works. Can’t really say, wish I had a better answer for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back