Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing El Capitan on Spectre x360 (Skylake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything sleep related seems to be fine so far. I was hoping to unlock the firmware and the hidden options to change the DVMT preallocated memory for the 520 (solve any small artifacts on startup) and disable the MSR register lock (CFG lock as they call it as an actual option). When I first bought the machine I went into it thinking I could unlock it with AMIBCP (since it had Aptio firmware) but idk if that's necessarily true now, but OS X works! Appreciate whoever made this thread... made the install much easier

You did not follow the guide correctly.

drivers64UEFI is missing OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. Also missing HFSPlus.efi.

You will probably need a PS2 kext in kexts/Other if you expect to use the internal keyboard/trackpad during installation.

The config.plist does not appear to be for Skylake (looks like it is for Ivy Bridge).

You might need to adopt some of the patches used on desktop Skylake (such as Pike's AppleAPIC patch).

Read about Skylake: http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x.html
I've tried everything you said and have the same i5 6200U spectre however I still get the reloc message. If I change osxaptiodrv to osxaptiofix2drv and then use slide=0 or slide=1 I get a error allocating 0x4705 pages at 0x000... allocating type 2
Error loading kernel cache 0x9. I found fixes for this online but none of those work either. Can someone help?

I've tried everything you said and have the same i5 6200U spectre however I still get the reloc message. If I change osxaptiodrv to osxaptiofix2drv and then use slide=0 or slide=1 I get a error allocating 0x4705 pages at 0x000... allocating type 2
Error loading kernel cache 0x9. I found fixes for this online but none of those work either. Can someone help?

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder (not EFI folder). Please strip Clover/themes before compressing as ZIP.

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder (not EFI folder). Please strip Clover/themes before compressing as ZIP.
Thanks for the help

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 102
  • 20160616_213819.jpg
    20160616_213819.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 133
I have tried
The kexts you have in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other are not per guide.

You should try VBoxHFS instead of HFSPlus.

Read it carefully: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
VboxHFS, it produces the same error. The only thing that makes a difference is changing between version 1 and 2 of osxaptiofixdrv, however the only difference is that with version 1 I get the reloc error and with version 2 I get the kernel cache error (if I boot with slide=0 or slide=1).

I have tried

VboxHFS, it produces the same error. The only thing that makes a difference is changing between version 1 and 2 of osxaptiofixdrv, however the only difference is that with version 1 I get the reloc error and with version 2 I get the kernel cache error (if I boot with slide=0 or slide=1).

I don't think you read post #115 very carefully.

I don't think you read post #115 very carefully.
It turned out it was happening because fast boot was on if anyone else gets this issue.

It turned out it was happening because fast boot was on if anyone else gets this issue.

Generally, you want "fast boot" disabled, but I would have never guessed it would lead to a memory map issue...

Generally, you want "fast boot" disabled, but I would have never guessed it would lead to a memory map issue...
Doesn't make sense to me either, it now gives the error randomly. It will boot fine, then after a reboot the error will come back. Sometimes after toggling fastboot and legacy boot it works, although this could just be that its due to chance and it might not actually be doing anything. I still haven't figured out what bit of the instructions you linked I haven't followed. Was it deleting all the kext folders apart from others? as I have done that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back