Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
WILL DO....Thanks.

I did have a question about these TERMINAL commands:

I got a FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST when I issued the second one....is that to be expected?

Because it looks like the next line creates the same folder which was asked to remove on line 2.

Grizz
That third line is making sleepimage into a directory, not the same as what you are removing in line 2.
You can always do this again later on and it should work. It's intended to not make the sleepimage come back after a macOS update. This is completely optional, it simply saves you a small amount of hard drive space. If you have a 250GB or larger drive it's not that important.

Last edited:
As you can see, I don't have any Atheros kext in there...
Ive edited the instructions to include 'right click on file and choose contents' it's not obvious - glad you got it sorted.
The airials are a bit big! I needed a couple of washers to make sure they didnt get pulled thru the holes, you might do similar or maybe a bit of blutack to hold it all in place.

Hey all, just wondering if anyone has managed to get some kind of bluetooth connectivity on the 7010 SFF?
You'll need to use a USB dongle for BT. There is no onboard (internal) USB header to connect a PCIe wifi/BT combo card to. The DT and MT models have an internal USB 2 header. Here's the two BT 4.0 dongles from the Buyer's Guide. Find them in the accessories section. The GMYLE is likely the better choice.

Last edited:
You'll need to use a USB dongle for BT. There is no onboard (internal) USB header to connect a PCIe wifi/BT combo card to. The DT and MT models have an internal USB 2 header. Here's the two BT 4.0 dongles from the Buyer's Guide. Find them in the accessories section. The GMYLE is likely the better choice.
View attachment 385702
Thank you for this, I’d been trying to find the correct diagram for my version of this motherboard. I’m not sure if the UK version is slightly different to the US one, the layout is slightly different.

Ive edited the instructions to include 'right click on file and choose contents' it's not obvious - glad you got it sorted.
In fact, I did right click and "show content". It's in the plugin file that I had what I showed in the screenshot. But if you install Mojave and not High Sierra, this Atheros.kext is no longer in this file ! From what I've read on the internet, it's not used anymore. So you have to download it before being able to put in L/E using kextbeast (or in S/L/E as it did work on my case, using https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/956-airportatheros40kext-installer-for-macos-mojave/)

@kaanonn - made clearer added 'the file is not there in Mojave!'

@kaanonn - made clearer added 'the file is not there in Mojave!'
Yeah and maybe add the file to download, as it's hard to find on the internet :) But on the other hand, as said trs96, this guide is already taking us by the hand a LOT, so I guess anybody can search the thread for the answer !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back