Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried yesterday night but still had the old Clover version from the guide on Page 1 so I was welcomed with the same black screen I had had months before when I arrived here the first time.

Going to reboot into Catalina now with properly updated Clover. See you on the other side, Ray.

Edit: Booted into Catalina just fine. No idea what's broken yet. Apart from Lilu which seems to be outdated now:

Kexts moved out of kernel space

While this won't directly affect us in Catalina, kexts running in kernel space will now be deprecated. What this means is kexts like Lilu won't have the low-level access it requires to perform its necessary patches. But deprecation doesn't mean removed, Clover's kext injection system has been deprecated since 10.7 but Apple has yet to remove it from macOS(well 10.16 might finally change that). So don't fear too much but keep this as a reminder that not everything will last as it is. Most if not all of Apple's kernel extensions are still in kernel space so they got a **** ton of work to do themselves.

Last edited:
I have a Dell SFF i5 optiplex 9010.
NvmExpressDxe-64

I was able to boot from the usb drive & install the OS on my SSD.

After this i have tried the same installation with Mac OS MOJAVE latest version with its unibeast but still the same result. Kindly advice guys what to do??? :( :( :(

Did you install Clover and other files onto the bootable hard drive/SSD as described in step 4 ?

Have you tried booting with Clover in verbose mode so you can see where it perhaps hangs?

What is the drive(s) configuration because NvmExpressDxe-64 isn't required unless a nvme drive has been installed as a secondary (non-bootable) storage drive?

Your signature is also missing hardware specs. eg. which i5? which GFX ?

Last edited:
I tried yesterday night but still had the old Clover version from the guide on Page 1 so I was welcomed with the same black screen I had had months before when I arrived here the first time.

Going to reboot into Catalina now with properly updated Clover. See you on the other side, Ray.

Edit: Booted into Catalina just fine. No idea what's broken yet. Apart from Lilu which seems to be outdated now:

Hey, which version of Clover did you use?

Used the one linked in the Catalina update thread

I assume that would be the latest.

Hi all. I've recently upgraded to a 32 inch 1440p monitor and I'm experiencing an issue. There is no video output until the login screen. It works just fine after that, but I can't see any of the options in the Clover bootloader or any BIOS settings. The monitor is connected via a display port cable.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

For reference, this is the monitor : MONITOR

I often have this error message

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-10-09 à 09.56.35.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-10-09 à 09.56.35.png
    507.2 KB · Views: 99
Catalina working using all the same files on this thread, i just did a clean install on my dell optiplex 7010 sff and it's working fine

I SUCESSEFULY INSTALL CATALINA WITH CLOVER BOOTLOADER 2.5R 5070. 90% work still not tryed cpu ssdt and imessage
probleme clover still not optimised for catalina
opencore can work ?

I SUCESSEFULY INSTALL CATALINA WITH CLOVER BOOTLOADER 2.5R 5070. 90% work still not tryed cpu ssdt and imessage
probleme clover still not optimised for catalina
opencore can work ?
Opencore is not quite out of beta and testing stages yet. Stay with Clover for now. Works with no problems.

Opencore is not quite out of beta and testing stages yet. Stay with Clover for now. Works with no problems.
Hi All,
Managed to get this working on my optiplex 9010 using the guide provided. Everything, including imessage etc is working beautifully on Mojave, and considering I did all of this using voiceover, (the built-in MacOS screenreader), it is a testament to how clear the guide is that someone with 0 vision can achieve this so thank you!!
A few questions about upgrading to Catalina...
Do I need to upgrade configurator? When checking for updates, it's telling me it's having difficulty finding the server or some such message. Also, should i avoid the 5990x versions of the efi bootloader?
Have downloaded the installer from the app store and await your advice.
Cheers,
Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back