Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I just leave it or Should I change to iMac 12.2 ???
Leave it at iMac 13,2. What CPU are you using ? A pentium or Celeron ? You can always upgrade it to a Core i3 Ivy Bridge like the i3-3225. They sell for about 32 USD.

It's Celeron, G465. Its working fine for normal use like email, browsing, watching movies.. And other media ..Small games...
Yes I will upgrade cpu and gpu.
I forgot to mention, on High Sierra 10.13.4, my Thinkvision monitor builtin cam was working fine, but on 10.13.6, not detected. I dont use the cam so its not a big deal.

It's Celeron, G465. Its working fine for normal use like email, browsing, watching movies
What did you do to get the Celeron to work ? Fake the CPU ID ? Those have no support in HS.

What did you do to get the Celeron to work ? Fake the CPU ID ? Those have no support in HS.

Not using any fake cpuid.
Using this computer since Mavericks.
For 10.13.6, I did fresh install using your guide.
Used nvidia_unibeast_config.plist
After install,
Removed verbose mode
Removed nv_disabled
Inject nvidia

Using these Kext:
FakeSMC
IntelMausiEthernet
NullCPUPoerManagemt
AppleALC+Lilu (never used it before, was using voodoohda)

Used CC to get iMac 13.2 smbios, and followed iMassage guid.

After using your guide my boot was faster then 10.13.4, everything seems little faster. Also found something new... (Night Light) :) ,
Never had it before..

In your "About this Mac" what does it say after Processor ?

20180925_175029.jpeg
its i5

Hi-
Interesting setup - couple of questions;
Do you know if the graphics card has a UEFI BIOS?
Have you disabled Legacy ROM's in BIOS?

Hi-
Interesting setup - couple of questions;
Have you disabled Legacy ROM's in BIOS?

No, graphics card is not UEFI
I am using clover UEFI boot, but because of graphics card I had to enable UEFI+legacy in bios

Due to the age of it, there's no way it could. It's slightly newer than the GT 210 which also works with High Sierra. Looks like it is supported, just like the 210 is. A basic, lower cost alternative for anyone that needs a graphics card due to unsupported Intel graphics. The GeForce 310 cards were only sold to OEM PC makers like Dell, not to the general Public. They are only found used at places like Ebay or Amazon.

Last edited:
Am tryin to install this to my other computer same model and specs but I'm getting a hard time to fix the resolution issue before, unlike the previous one, i tested it a lot of times on my previous computer but its really weird that its working fine there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back