Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 407099
Got a support code. I think I need to contact them and act like a Mac Mini user
OK so what should I tell them? I've read some posts about it and they're likely to ask for my serial number and I don't think I'd be able to tell them the one from SMBIOS without being a little suspicious.

OK so what should I tell them? I've read some posts about it and they're likely to ask for my serial number and I don't think I'd be able to tell them the one from SMBIOS without being a little suspicious.
You could say you're not the first owner of the 2012 mac mini. You bought it used, which you did. The previous owner "said" he had to do something with "fixing the firmware chip" but I don't know what they were really talking about.

Alternatively some people just say, "I'm not at home in front of it right now as I'm traveling or at work etc. and I don't know the serial number.

You could say you're not the first owner of the 2012 mac mini. You bought it used, which you did. The previous owner "said" he had to do something with "fixing the firmware chip" but I don't know what they were really talking about.

Alternatively some people just say, "I'm not at home in front of it right now as I'm traveling or at work etc. and I don't know the serial number.
Maybe I'd say that I got this Mac Mini as a gift and now I'm trying to access iMessage and I get an error with that code and if they asked for a S/N I'd say I don't currently have access to it.
But this is kind of a lie but a white one and 80% truthful.
Anyway, what if I reinstall macOS on my Optiplex for example on my SSD (I'm testing it now on spare HDD). Will I get blocked again or not?

Will I get blocked again or not?
Just need to try it and see. Another option would be to create a fresh new Apple ID that wouldn't have any past history. That may help to avoid these error messages from Apple.

Just need to try it and see. Another option would be to create a fresh new Apple ID that wouldn't have any past history. That may help to avoid these error messages from Apple.
But I don't think I'd be able to remove my existing Apple ID & create a new one with the same email (I don't want to use another email just for Apple ID)

I
But I don't think I'd be able to remove my existing Apple ID & create a new one with the same email (I don't want to use another email just for Apple ID)
Try his method see what happens. Maybe it works and you're home free.

I don't want to use another email just for Apple ID
It's your decision. I know about having too many email addresses to keep track of. I've got at least 6 or more. I've lost track of how many. LOL.

Finally I've called the support.
I told them the SMBIOS serial number (it was a must), after explanation they whitelisted my Optiplex and told me that iMessage activation takes up to 24 hours so I have to wait and call them tomorrow if it doesn't take place. So there are high hopes ;). Maybe they blocked my ID because I was fiddling with Hackintoshes before and they registered that.

What did you give them as an explanation ?
I told them that my Mac Mini was having an issue with iMessage - it gave me an "Unable to sign in" error with a support code. After telling it they started investigating, whitelisted my Optiplex and told me to wait.
It was much simpler than I thought. They haven't realized it's a Hackintosh. BTW, they also wanted to make a screen sharing session with me but I refused because I have Hackintosh-related apps installed that will 'uncover' me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back