- Jan 21, 2012
- HP 8300 Elite
- GT 710
- Mobile Phone
Maybe. If you are using VirtualSMC kext you can install the HWMonitor SMC2 application and required plugins.Any advantages of using MB 12 on an existing Catalina 10.15.3 HP 8300 system?
Just wanted to let you know, ultimately it worked, I got a defect one send, but the 2nd time is the charm, the I7-3770 is working just perfectly on my music Hackintosh. running it on High Sierra 10.13.3. Not sure if I should update the OS, Catalina for sure not, seemingly there are many issue's with music software. it's running good now, so I'll leave it for now. Thanks again for making it possible, I'm very happy with my HP6300 Hackintosh setup.thank you, well will try this out.
I've been following this guide for enabling the Audio on my HP 8300 SFF but there no audio at all.How to Activate ALC221 Audio and your Front Microphone JackIn post #2 of this thread, I posted a guide to patch your DSDT for working ALC221 audio. That patch doesn't enable the front combo Mic/Headphone jack. If you absolutely need that Mic input to work, you can now use an SSDT and the Codec Commander kext + a minor config.plist edit to get a working Mic jack . If you don't use that front mic jack, simply continue to use your previously patched DSDT for working ALC221 audio. Credit for the ALC221 SSDT.aml goes to: Sniki
0. Remove the VoodooHDA and AppleHDA Disabler kexts if you had installed those previously.
(this is done in case your edits don't work or the new config.plist gets corrupted some how.)
- Remove your patched DSDT from Clover/ACPI/patched and put it in a folder to keep as a backup option.
- Back up your current working Clover config.plist. You could put it in the same folder as your patched DSDT.
3. Open your system drive's Clover config.plist with a plist editor and make the following change of the Audio Layout ID from 11 to 0. (The DSDT patching guide suggested the change to 11. Yours may already be set to 0)
View attachment 377940
4. Edit your system drive's Clover config.plist with the following entry in the Devices section. It should be entered just after the Inject Audio Layout ID section shown above. (Use a plist editor like PlistEdit Pro or BBedit to make the edit. Do not use the Mac text edit app)
Here's how it should look when you've finished the edit:Code:
<key>Properties</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1b,0)</key> <dict> <key>#Comment</key> <string>Realtek ALC221 Audio Configuration</string> <key>hda-gfx</key> <string>onboard-1</string> <key>layout-id</key> <integer>11</integer> </dict> </dict>
View attachment 377890
This screenshot is from the Devices/Properties section in Clover Configurator
View attachment 387389
- Download the two attached files, RehabMan-Codec Commander kext and the SSDT for ALC221
- Install Codec Commander to /L/E/ with Kextbeast
- Drag and drop the SSDT-ALC221.aml into your Clover/ACPI/patched folder
- Make sure you've got the latest versions of Lilu and AppleALC kexts installed to /L/E
- Reboot and test out your front combo mic/headphone jack
Backup your existing .plist first. Then delete it from your Clover folder. Add the one I've attached below and see if the sound works after a reboot. Note that you must have Lilu and AppleALC kexts installed for it to work. Install them to /L/E with kextbeast if you are running HS or Mojave and not Catalina.I've been following this guide for enabling the Audio on my HP 8300 SFF but there no audio at all.
In System Preference I cannot select any audio device for Output nor for Input.
No sound device yet. Please see attached screenshot with list of kext installed in /L/E and how my System Preference window looks like.Backup your existing .plist first. Then delete it from your Clover folder. Add the one I've attached below and see if the sound works after a reboot. Note that you must have Lilu and AppleALC kexts installed for it to work. Install them to /L/E with kextbeast if you are running HS or Mojave and not Catalina.
You should also remove the SSDT-ALC221.aml from the ACPI/patched folder if you have that there.
Upload your PR files. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/No sound device yet. Please see attached screenshot with list of kext installed in /L/E and how my System Preference window looks like.
I cannot select any output device.