Motherboard
HP 8300 Elite
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
Android
one last question, will it run on the standard 240watt power supply or would it need the 320Watt power supply ?
If you are not using a heavy duty graphics card it will be fine

Motherboard
HP6300
CPU
Intel i7-3770
Graphics
Geforce GT-710
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
240W PSU is plenty of power for your system. Some people run a 1050 Ti in those HPs and game with them.
thank you, well will try this out.

Motherboard
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-Clover
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Plus, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Any advantages of using MB 12 on an existing Catalina 10.14.3 HP 8300 system?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Any advantages of using MB 12 on an existing Catalina 10.15.3 HP 8300 system?
Maybe. If you are using VirtualSMC kext you can install the HWMonitor SMC2 application and required plugins.
If you already have a version of Clover that works you can stay with that.

1585059158332.png

Motherboard
HP6300
CPU
Intel i7-3770
Graphics
Geforce GT-710
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
thank you, well will try this out.
Just wanted to let you know, ultimately it worked, I got a defect one send, but the 2nd time is the charm, the I7-3770 is working just perfectly on my music Hackintosh. running it on High Sierra 10.13.3. Not sure if I should update the OS, Catalina for sure not, seemingly there are many issue's with music software. it's running good now, so I'll leave it for now. Thanks again for making it possible, I'm very happy with my HP6300 Hackintosh setup.

Thanks !

Motherboard
HP Elite 8300
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
How to Activate ALC221 Audio and your Front Microphone Jack
In post #2 of this thread, I posted a guide to patch your DSDT for working ALC221 audio. That patch doesn't enable the front combo Mic/Headphone jack. If you absolutely need that Mic input to work, you can now use an SSDT and the Codec Commander kext + a minor config.plist edit to get a working Mic jack . If you don't use that front mic jack, simply continue to use your previously patched DSDT for working ALC221 audio. Credit for the ALC221 SSDT.aml goes to: Sniki

0. Remove the VoodooHDA and AppleHDA Disabler kexts if you had installed those previously.

1. Remove your patched DSDT from Clover/ACPI/patched and put it in a folder to keep as a backup option.
  2. Back up your current working Clover config.plist. You could put it in the same folder as your patched DSDT.
(this is done in case your edits don't work or the new config.plist gets corrupted some how.)

3. Open your system drive's Clover config.plist with a plist editor and make the following change of the Audio Layout ID from 11 to 0. (The DSDT patching guide suggested the change to 11. Yours may already be set to 0)

View attachment 377940

4. Edit your system drive's Clover config.plist with the following entry in the Devices section. It should be entered just after the Inject Audio Layout ID section shown above. (Use a plist editor like PlistEdit Pro or BBedit to make the edit. Do not use the Mac text edit app)

Code:
<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
      <key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1b,0)</key>
      <dict>
          <key>#Comment</key>
          <string>Realtek ALC221 Audio Configuration</string>
          <key>hda-gfx</key>
          <string>onboard-1</string>
          <key>layout-id</key>
          <integer>11</integer>
      </dict>
</dict>
Here's how it should look when you've finished the edit:
View attachment 377890

This screenshot is from the Devices/Properties section in Clover Configurator

View attachment 387389

1. Download the two attached files, RehabMan-Codec Commander kext and the SSDT for ALC221
  2. Install Codec Commander to /L/E/ with Kextbeast
  3. Drag and drop the SSDT-ALC221.aml into your Clover/ACPI/patched folder
  4. Make sure you've got the latest versions of Lilu and AppleALC kexts installed to /L/E
  5. Reboot and test out your front combo mic/headphone jack
I've been following this guide for enabling the Audio on my HP 8300 SFF but there no audio at all.
In System Preference I cannot select any audio device for Output nor for Input.
Did I miss some steps in the installation process?

Attaching my config.plist file.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Attachments

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I've been following this guide for enabling the Audio on my HP 8300 SFF but there no audio at all.
In System Preference I cannot select any audio device for Output nor for Input.
Backup your existing .plist first. Then delete it from your Clover folder. Add the one I've attached below and see if the sound works after a reboot. Note that you must have Lilu and AppleALC kexts installed for it to work. Install them to /L/E with kextbeast if you are running HS or Mojave and not Catalina.

You should also remove the SSDT-ALC221.aml from the ACPI/patched folder if you have that there.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP Elite 8300
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Backup your existing .plist first. Then delete it from your Clover folder. Add the one I've attached below and see if the sound works after a reboot. Note that you must have Lilu and AppleALC kexts installed for it to work. Install them to /L/E with kextbeast if you are running HS or Mojave and not Catalina.

You should also remove the SSDT-ALC221.aml from the ACPI/patched folder if you have that there.
No sound device yet. Please see attached screenshot with list of kext installed in /L/E and how my System Preference window looks like.
I cannot select any output device.

Any idea?

Attachments

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini