Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to Activate ALC221 Audio and your Front Microphone Jack
In post #2 of this thread, I posted a guide to patch your DSDT for working ALC221 audio. That patch doesn't enable the front combo Mic/Headphone jack. If you absolutely need that Mic input to work, you can now use an SSDT and the Codec Commander kext + a minor config.plist edit to get a working Mic jack . If you don't use that front mic jack, simply continue to use your previously patched DSDT for working ALC221 audio. Credit for the ALC221 SSDT.aml goes to: Sniki

0. Remove the VoodooHDA and AppleHDA Disabler kexts if you had installed those previously.

1. Remove your patched DSDT from Clover/ACPI/patched and put it in a folder to keep as a backup option.
  2. Back up your current working Clover config.plist. You could put it in the same folder as your patched DSDT.
(this is done in case your edits don't work or the new config.plist gets corrupted some how.)

3. Open your system drive's Clover config.plist with a plist editor and make the following change of the Audio Layout ID from 11 to 0. (The DSDT patching guide suggested the change to 11. Yours may already be set to 0)

View attachment 377940

4. Edit your system drive's Clover config.plist with the following entry in the Devices section. It should be entered just after the Inject Audio Layout ID section shown above. (Use a plist editor like PlistEdit Pro or BBedit to make the edit. Do not use the Mac text edit app)

Code:
<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
      <key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1b,0)</key>
      <dict>
          <key>#Comment</key>
          <string>Realtek ALC221 Audio Configuration</string>
          <key>hda-gfx</key>
          <string>onboard-1</string>
          <key>layout-id</key>
          <integer>11</integer>
      </dict>
</dict>

Here's how it should look when you've finished the edit:
View attachment 377890

This screenshot is from the Devices/Properties section in Clover Configurator

View attachment 387389

1. Download the two attached files, RehabMan-Codec Commander kext and the SSDT for ALC221
  2. Install Codec Commander to /L/E/ with Kextbeast
  3. Drag and drop the SSDT-ALC221.aml into your Clover/ACPI/patched folder
  4. Make sure you've got the latest versions of Lilu and AppleALC kexts installed to /L/E
  5. Reboot and test out your front combo mic/headphone jack
I've been following this guide for enabling the Audio on my HP 8300 SFF but there no audio at all.
In System Preference I cannot select any audio device for Output nor for Input.
Did I miss some steps in the installation process?

Attaching my config.plist file.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 88
I've been following this guide for enabling the Audio on my HP 8300 SFF but there no audio at all.
In System Preference I cannot select any audio device for Output nor for Input.
Backup your existing .plist first. Then delete it from your Clover folder. Add the one I've attached below and see if the sound works after a reboot. Note that you must have Lilu and AppleALC kexts installed for it to work. Install them to /L/E with kextbeast if you are running HS or Mojave and not Catalina.

You should also remove the SSDT-ALC221.aml from the ACPI/patched folder if you have that there.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Backup your existing .plist first. Then delete it from your Clover folder. Add the one I've attached below and see if the sound works after a reboot. Note that you must have Lilu and AppleALC kexts installed for it to work. Install them to /L/E with kextbeast if you are running HS or Mojave and not Catalina.

You should also remove the SSDT-ALC221.aml from the ACPI/patched folder if you have that there.
No sound device yet. Please see attached screenshot with list of kext installed in /L/E and how my System Preference window looks like.
I cannot select any output device.

Any idea?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 17.18.16.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 17.18.16.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
Here you are!

Attachments

• debug_8368.zip
    866.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Maurzios_iMac.homenet.telecomitalia.ioreg
    3.5 MB · Views: 73
Here you are!
Try deleting the codec commander kext and all those that have FakePCIID in the name, reboot and see what happens.

Yet no luck.

Attaching new debug report.

Attachments

• debug_4952.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
Hi everybody, I have here a little issue with my HP 8300 CMT / HD4000.
After upgrade to Mojave (from El Capitan) all works, but the PC boot too long. It stucks on "en1: DAD cpmlete..." and then on the "build gpuDict IGPU". This EFI works perfect with an 8300 SFF, but stucks on my CMT.
The OSX Mojave works also not so fluently on this PC. Any ideas?
Thank's a lo t for the help!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20200413_191456.jpg
    IMG_20200413_191456.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20200413_191525.jpg
    IMG_20200413_191525.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 60
Hi guys,

I'm installing a fresh SSD with High Sierra.
I've made it `till the installation of NVIDIA web driver and then I ran into a bizarre problem.
My "About This Mac" says that my Version macOS is 10.13.6 (17G66).
It's not official.
I've Googled it and found that it uses the same kernel as 17G65.
But I can't install the web drivers because it's meant for 17G65 and my hackintosh reports 17G66.
So when I try to install the driver i get the error message from the screenshot below.

What can I do in this case?
Somehow force install the web driver?
Change the reported build number?
Reinstall?

Last edited:
What can I do in this case?
You could use this new gibMacOS download method to get an older 10.13.5 Beta version of High Sierra. I'm not sure why the kernel version was changed. Maybe for a security update ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back