Motherboard
HP SFF 8300 Elite
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
@karoli9 I simply have sleep disabled as it boots up so fast after it's completely shut down, it's not much different than sleeping the computer anyway. The GTX 1050s are highly energy efficient so I'm not worried about electricity usage. I do of course have an SSD installed and legacy support disabled in BIOS. Even booting from a mechanical drive seems acceptable for boot up times.

@BobBobster I've installed High Sierra on nearly the exact same hardware you have (except I use a non-Ti 1050). In testing sleep just now it takes slightly longer to go to sleep but wakes up instantly on my system. As far as the lag issue, this is not my daily driver so I don't have it on all day long to see if it has the same problem you are experiencing. So if you haven't moved to HS yet it may be worth a try especially once the .3 update comes out in a short time. Use a clean HDD to test it out first.

I should also ask both of you which browser do you primarily use ? Chrome, Firefox or Safari ? There are thousands of posts from people having these kinds of issues with Chrome. Just try search and see the results. So it may not be specific to just this hardware.
Thank you very much for the guide. I used this guide to install Mojave on HP 8300 SFF. It is running great, but the small issue that I'm having is usb 3.0-two of the ports does not work for some reason. Sometimes they work. Is this a known issue? If it is, is there a fix for it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Motherboard
HP Elite 8300 MT
CPU
i5-3470
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you very much for the guide. I used this guide to install Mojave on HP 8300 SFF. It is running great, but the small issue that I'm having is usb 3.0-two of the ports does not work for some reason. Sometimes they work. Is this a known issue? If it is, is there a fix for it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
You might need to create a USB SSDT. Try following this guide:

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0Ghz
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac
I know I'm dead last here but I figured I would ask anyway. So I got my 6300 MT to work successfully with Mojave. everything seems to work except HDMI audio. The gpu is an RX560 4GB I have it hooked up to a 4K Sony TV and can't get any output. Most guides are a little older and involve nvidia cards. I've tried loading the AppleALC, AppleHDA, VooDooHDA, and Lilu Kexts. I even tried a couple other random 'fixes' floating online but I can't seem to get it to work. Advice?

Edit: I also have 5 HDMI outs listed in output devices. The inner computer speaker works but none of the other outputs seem to work. Tried connecting via displayport and same result.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 8300 MT
CPU
i5-3470
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
It seems that the major bugs have been worked out of High Sierra thus far. It runs quite well on my i5-3470 6300 Pro. I also installed the 10.13.2 supplemental update and that was no problem either. It requires that you update to a newer Nvidia web driver after you install the update.
(Used Sierra then tried el Cap)Cannot get an HS or a Mojave USB installer to generate takes forever then when I finally do, I tried to install (F9) got an error saying the OS was damaged on both

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
(Used Sierra then tried el Cap)Cannot get an HS or a Mojave USB installer to generate takes forever then when I finally do, I tried to install (F9) got an error saying the OS was damaged on both
Use the download links on this page and make a new USB installer.

Motherboard
HP 8300 MT
CPU
i5-3470
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
thanks once again

Motherboard
HP6300
CPU
Intel i7-3770
Graphics
Geforce GT-710
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Dear members, I have a HP6300 with a running Hackintosh High Sierra and with a i5-3470 cpu but want to replace it with a i7-3770. Can I simply replace the CPU hardware without doing anything else, can it start up when simply replacing the CPU again ?

Motherboard
HP 8300 Elite
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
Android
Dear members, I have a HP6300 with a running Hackintosh High Sierra and with a i5-3470 cpu but want to replace it with a i7-3770. Can I simply replace the CPU hardware without doing anything else, can it start up when simply replacing the CPU again ?
Yes, it will just work, bios may have an option to turn off multithreading, best left on generally

Motherboard
HP6300
CPU
Intel i7-3770
Graphics
Geforce GT-710
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes, it will just work, bios may have an option to turn off multithreading, best left on generally
one last question, will it run on the standard 240watt power supply or would it need the 320Watt power supply ?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
one last question, will it run on the standard 240watt power supply or would it need the 320Watt power supply ?
240W PSU is plenty of power for your system. Some people run a 1050 Ti in those HPs and game with them.