Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Injection of AMD Vega Power and Fan Control Properties

Hi demonknight9 maybe you can try SMBIOS for MacPro6,1
Use this configs at boot:
Captura de Tela 2019-04-30 às 18.18.20.png

I use iGPU activated and since now i never had problemns...
Goog Luck!!! :wave:

Hi demonknight9 maybe you can try SMBIOS for MacPro6,1
Use this configs at boot:
View attachment 402949

I use iGPU activated and since now i never had problemns...
Goog Luck!!! :wave:
Using iMac Pro 1,1 at the moment. Absolutely everything is working in beta 4. iTunes video, both HEVC and H264 are working with the Vega 56. PM is also working. Cant believe I was reluctant to install this SMBIOS. Everything just works. Thanks for the tip though :)

Using iMac Pro 1,1 at the moment. Absolutely everything is working in beta 4. iTunes video, both HEVC and H264 are working with the Vega 56. PM is also working. Cant believe I was reluctant to install this SMBIOS. Everything just works. Thanks for the tip though :)
Did you enable the IGpu?

Did you enable the IGpu?
I left it enabled to begin with and everything was fine apart from the IGPU not clocking down. I think this is a bug with the latest beta. I then disabled the IGPU and its rock solid.
Even with the IGPU enabled I still have all the features enabled like I mentioned in my post.
HEVC and iTunes video is all working. I noticed that with IGPU enabled and when exporting in H264 the Vega, IGPU and CPU all work at the same time to make the fastest render time.

I left it enabled to begin with and everything was fine apart from the IGPU not clocking down. I think this is a bug with the latest beta. I then disabled the IGPU and its rock solid.
Even with the IGPU enabled I still have all the features enabled like I mentioned in my post.
HEVC and iTunes video is all working. I noticed that with IGPU enabled and when exporting in H264 the Vega, IGPU and CPU all work at the same time to make the fastest render time.
Also the quickview of jpg files? I have to use a kext for that now.

Also the quickview of jpg files? I have to use a kext for that now.
Quickview works just fine with jpeg files, png, and other formats. Just tried it. I am shocked at just how good it all works. Encoded an H265 HEVC video 8bit 4K last night and the speed is amazing for an half hour short film.
What bootflags have you got on? have you got any renames? I don't have any like PEG to GFX0 or anything related to graphics.
It's not needed with my system, your system is much more inline with the hardware in the iMac Pro that is why I didn't want to change the SMBIOS. I'm glad I did though, absolutely flawless.

Just a quick question, what brand is your Vega 56? I can see you have it flashed with the sapphire nitro+ rom. I did that as well but after 10.14.5 I flashed it back to the Gigabyte rom.

My GPU is a Sapphire Nitro + 56 limited edition, I flashed it to a Sapphire Nitro + 64. Works very well. I use VegaTab to undervolt it, fans work perfect. I’m on a holliday, but when home I’ll try symbios 19,1.

My GPU is a Sapphire Nitro + 56 limited edition, I flashed it to a Sapphire Nitro + 64. Works very well. I use VegaTab to undervolt it, fans work perfect. I’m on a holliday, but when home I’ll try symbios 19,1.
I see, well, I didn't do that. I didn't want to cause problems with the HBM2 because of it. I researched extensively before flashing my bios and decided to stay within a Vega 56 bios, but sapphire instead of Gigabyte just so I could use VGTab.
Your system should work better than mine with the iMack Pro 1,1 SMBIOS. Can you send me your config.plist? Remove any serial numbers you may have. I just want to have a quick look at it and compare it to mine.

I see, well, I didn't do that. I didn't want to cause problems with the HBM2 because of it. I researched extensively before flashing my bios and decided to stay within a Vega 56 bios, but sapphire instead of Gigabyte just so I could use VGTab.
Your system should work better than mine with the iMack Pro 1,1 SMBIOS. Can you send me your config.plist? Remove any serial numbers you may have. I just want to have a quick look at it and compare it to mine.
When I’m home on sunday I’ll post my config.plist

Back