Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] i7 3770K| P8Z77-V Deluxe | GTX 680 w/ HDMI audio passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi mark,

i have reinstalled the system and it is booting to osx ok. I have not yet ran multibeast or done anything else until I get the correct procedure.

what should I do now?

thanks for replying

Chris

install the 10.8.2 combo update if you're on 10.8, get the latest multibeast and install what you need and don't forget Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext if you don't have a patched bios, you can refer to what i've chosen on the first page except for lnx2mac for lan and select ALC892 in audio.. if you have DSDT then pick the with DSDT in audio and if you don't have pick without DSDT on the audio.. the rest is up to you.. good luck..

install the 10.8.2 combo update if you're on 10.8, get the latest multibeast and install what you need and don't forget Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext if you don't have a patched bios, you can refer to what i've chosen on the first page except for lnx2mac for lan and select ALC892 in audio.. if you have DSDT then pick the with DSDT in audio and if you don't have pick without DSDT on the audio.. the rest is up to you.. good luck..

hey Mark. I am a noob when it comes to hackintosh systems. I have 2 questions for you....

At what stage should it be ok to remove USB key and boot normally to osx?
is the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext included in Multibeast? (i dont have patched bios)

Thanks for your help Mark.

OK,

I tried the applepowermanagement kext and still i get the error at boot. I am also 10.8.2 already but i reinstalled the combo update.
Is there anything else i am missing?

Chris

OK,

I tried the applepowermanagement kext and still i get the error at boot. I am also 10.8.2 already but i reinstalled the combo update.
Is there anything else i am missing?

Chris

so after installing 10.8.2, boot with the usb and select the drive you installed ML with
run multibeast, i've attached a picture on what to select in multibeast so take a look at it and copy it, after installing multibeast restart your computer and enjoy

can i ask what is your HDD?

Attachments

• p8z77-v pro.png
    p8z77-v pro.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 479
Hi Kill_Mark,
After a few trials a month ago I realize that UniBeast gives you a "Succesful install" even if it doesn't have the base system mounted. That was the main reason the USB installer wasn't booting. It was a missleading notice, the USB wouldn't go on boot.

The new problem I am facing is that the install doesn't go as smooth as everybody had on this thread

1) The only way I have the installer go after it loads the options is using "no cache". The other options just led to white screen.
2) When it goes all the way on the install there is a part where it goes white screen and reboots the system.
3) The system doesn't boot from this new partition.

Question:
1) Should I remove the primary partition which has the ML 8, and install the ML8.2 over it. Or the system should be able to work on a separate partition to be able to boot?
2) Did you have all the way smooth install with your USB?

Probably you will need more info so I will send verbose information when I try to install with the parameters posted on this guide.

regards,

MOnchi

hi monchi901,

it will work if you install the 10.8.2 on a separate partition..

my usb installation was a breeze, i'm using unibeast so i downloaded the ML from app store.. on some people, when they download the ML in app store they'll have a InstallESD.dmg so they can't use unibeast.. i have no problems installing ML since 10.8, i used unibeast right from the start..

Hi Mark,

Can you tell me which patches you applied for the P8Z77-V Deluxe DSDT? I'm currently experimenting with 10.8.3, and want to apply it myself. Problem only is, there's no fixed patch file for it, so everything has to be done manually. Can you help out?

i just used the scripts of toleda. one for required DSDT changes and the other for toleda's hdmi audio..

Hi Mark,

I have almost the same build you have,
ASUS P8Z77 V - deluxe

i7 3770k
8Gb ram
NVidia GTX680 2gb
OCZ 90Gb SSD
I installed ML using UniBeast and ML installation app from AppStore.
In MultiBeast I tried to install the same drivers and DSDT as you did on your screenshot. But the ML would start only in safe mode after that. Then I reinstalled ML and installed just the audio driver, network driver and GE=NO using MitliBeast. Didn't install DSDT. And it boots perfectly so far. Video driver seems to work fine, it shows that i've got gtx 680, should i install additional driver for the video? i installed The Witcher 2 for mac, and i had some lags on extreme settings..... Is there a way to check if all the drivers work fine?
And what effect does it make that I didn't install any DSDT after ML installation? How can I create my own DSDT? I tried to use yours but it seemed to not work.
I also ran a
geekbench and got 13816, comparing to your 15500. Did you over clock you cpu and ram? Why is there such a difference? We have similar hardware....
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back