Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] i7 3770K| P8Z77-V Deluxe | GTX 680 w/ HDMI audio passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kill_Mark and Others,
I posted this on a similar thread for P8Z77

"Following all the instructions given and after built Unibeast install USB, I am finding out that after hitting F8 on the BIOS to boot from the USB the screen only shows the Hard Drive partition as an option to boot leading to the error " Can't find mach_kernel ".
Using a new USB doesn't do the trick. For some reason USB partition is not being seen as an option to boot and instal 10.8.2 . As indicated I patched P8Z77 -V with latest firmware 1616. Am I missing something on the configuration of the Bios? "

Can you help me with that? What options do you have set on BIOS for USB at this stage?

Thanks,

first of all, insert your usb installer in a usb 2.0 port or the intel usb 3.0 ports if you're using usb3 thumb drive. boot your computer, go to the bios

at the Boot tab on the Advanced Mode, check your CSM, set it to
Launch CSM -- Enabled
Boot Device Control -- Legacy OpROM only

next check your USB Configuration
set your Mass Storage Device into Auto

go to Boot tab again
press End to go to the bottom of the page and select your usb installer and it will automatically boot with your usb installer

good luck and i hope you fix your problems.

Just installed on this motherboard today, same processor, with a 560 Ti gpu. Surprisingly easy! FYI for anyone interested, I did not have to use GraphicsEnabler=No (or HD4000 for that matter) for my install, both before and after OSX install.

Only hiccup so far: my intel ethernet port (which i was using in Win7) doesn't work. Ran the hnak e1000 in MultiBeast. It acquires an address, but doesn't seem to pass anything to Safari. When I try to load any website in Safari, the progress bar starts but then hits a certain point and stops. Any thoughts? (Realtek port works fine.)

well, i haven't encountered any issues with intel port, as it is what i'm using because i prefer it over realtek lan that i have to restart my computer whenever i restart my router.. i used multibeast hnak kexts too.. GraphicsEnabler=No are for GTX 6xx cards only..

Hi, I have the same mobo and a GTX670. Thank you for your guide, it's very clear. One thing: I don't understand when I have to take out and reinstall the graphic card to have the system work fine.

you don't have to actually, never in my guide to remove the card, i just advice the guy to try and remove the card and see if it will install.. he's having problems installing mountain lion.. the guide is all you need..

How is sleep working on this build? I see the board is on sale at newegg this weekend and with the modded bios it looks like a good hackintosh board. I need display port for my Cinema Display and if I can get full sleep then this could be the board. I'd like to get a UD5H, but they are so expensive.

After the installation finished, all seemed to be working well until i reboot after multibeast installation. Now it wont boot. I get the crazy message "your system needs to restart" with messed up apple and text.

Can anyone help me?

my motherboard is Asus P8Z77 V pro , 3770k i7, GT 670 gfx.

Help is much appreciated.

Chris

After the installation finished, all seemed to be working well until i reboot after multibeast installation. Now it wont boot. I get the crazy message "your system needs to restart" with messed up apple and text.

Can anyone help me?

my motherboard is Asus P8Z77 V pro , 3770k i7, GT 670 gfx.

Help is much appreciated.

Chris

did you use patched appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext or you're using a patched bios? what are the steps you did exactly to track if there are missing steps or unnecessary steps done?

How is sleep working on this build? I see the board is on sale at newegg this weekend and with the modded bios it looks like a good hackintosh board. I need display port for my Cinema Display and if I can get full sleep then this could be the board. I'd like to get a UD5H, but they are so expensive.

currently my sleep doesn't work, i've read that some people made it to work, i've read that if you use the appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext sleep will work.. i have no issues with it so i'm not looking to fix it, but i've tried the methods disabling S.M.A.R.T and disable win8 fast boot it still doesn't work..

hi mark,

i have reinstalled the system and it is booting to osx ok. I have not yet ran multibeast or done anything else until I get the correct procedure.

what should I do now?

thanks for replying

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back