Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
My Specs:

Core i7-3770K 3.5Ghz
ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe Bios:1709
2GB Palit GTX 680 Jetstream

Stuffs with problems: Sleep is a little buggy using the DSDT with sleep

Reference for the steps I did
tonymacx86.com - UniBeast 1.5: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

before proceeding with the installation, i patched my bios from Samisnake's Patched Bios

At Chimera boot I used PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
Steps that I did the nth time around:

Install ML 10.8.2
after restart boot with the installed partition
proceed with the regular settings
when the desktop is loaded for the first time, i ran multibeast

in Multibeast 5.1.3 I selected:
UserDSDT
Patched ALC898
lnx2mac Realtek
hnak e1000
GE=No

reboot
viola

i've created my DSDT so that i can use HDMI audio from my video card using toleda's guide.
Mountain Lion HDMI Audio
playing with sleep since the dsdt i created has broken sleep, currently i'm testing a DSDT that's based on toleda's guide
Fixing Sleep
sleep is now working but will require you to remove a USB thumb drive (because it will freeze after waking from sleep) so there will be an activity for OSX for the keyboard and mouse to work, currently searching for fix

Attachments

• dsdt.aml bios 1617 10.8.2 toleda applehda.zip
    18.2 KB · Views: 195
  • dsdt hdmi 10.8.2 1709 bios.aml.zip
    18.2 KB · Views: 160
  • dsdt hdmi 10.8.2 1709 bios with sleep.aml.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 195
I'm trying to install ML on a very similar system. I've installed it and am at the Multibeast step. What do I do for UserDSDT and PatchedALC898? Can I download those somewhere? Also, I had to remove my graphics card to successfully install, but do I put it back in for Multibeast? Thanks.

just select userDSDT and ALC898 for audio if you have that on your motherboard.. you can put back your card after you've installed what you need in multibeast and restart your system

Thanks, I got ML installed and went through multibeast. The same settings you used worked for me. I didn't use the DSDT because I am fine with analog audio. I rebooted and it booted fine from the hard drive. I then shutdown and reinstalled my graphics card. Its the GTX570. Everything I've read in the forums has said it doesn't need the NVIDIA multibeast setting. But should I have all of the NVIDIA drivers installed first? Because it wouldn't boot with the card back in. Or is there something else in multibeast?

what version of mountain lion are you at? if 10.8.1, try installing the latest Nvidia drivers 304.00.00f20 and CUDA 5.. :)

I'm running 10.8.1, and stuck at 1024 resolution. I've been looking for nvidia drivers to install and will try your suggestions. But according to the website, the gtx 570 is not supported by them. I've read a lot about people having issues with fermi cards, any idea if these should work with the 570 somehow? thanks for all the help

from what i read from netkas he was able to run ML 10.8.1 using 570 and he used the Nvidia Driver 304.00.00f20. the driver is only for 10.8.1 and will not work on 10.8.2..

Awesome, thanks for the help. His hexedit looks like it should work. My card is fermi 2.5GB. So I still can't boot into ML with the card back in the computer. Do you think I should take the video card out again, boot into OSX and install the NVIDIA drivers and make hex edits? OR do you think there is a way to boot into OSX with the card in and make the changes?

just boot first without the card and then put it back when you have everything fixed.. :)

thanks for the help kill_mark. I installed the CUDA 5 and NVIDIA drivers, and then I applied the netkas openCL fix. I changed to GE=Yes in my boot plist and rebooted. Well, I can now boot to the login screen, so it definitely helped, but now I have a login loop. So I am going to reinstall, but is there anyway to fix that and still enable openCL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back