Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan,

I did a complete reinstall to update to 10.13.6. After this everything works except my Wi-Fi speed. Wi-fi speed is about 0.12 mbps down and 1.4mbps up. This is on 5ghz on a 400/40 connection. Local network is also very slow. This speeds are fine when using Arch Linux (dual boot).

This worked fine before. I use a BCM943602BAED. Hope the problem reporting files tell something wrong with my configuration. Country code is listed as US on the mac info screen. Is this a problem for someone from Europe? Thanks for this amazing guide.

Regards

Edit: For some reason my HW doesn't show on my profile. But the laptop is a HP EliteBook 840 G2.

Did some more testing. My 5ghz is on channel 44 and my 2.4ghz is on channel 11. Both give me issue's. Should I use a different channel?

Attachments

• problemreportingfiles.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 191
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 23.14.28.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 23.14.28.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Two issues on 840 G4 with High Sierra:

External combo jack mic switch is working but not the earphones... any fix or quick fix? CX8200
Four fingers gestures doesn't work and also "Double Tap to Hold" (840 G1 worked "out-of-rehabman's-post-install-box")

Attachments

• debug_31025.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 182
Hi RehabMan,

I want to know if I could set clover to boot at my laptop's native resolution (1366x768). It's just a cosmetic thing I know, but I'm just wondering if it is at all possible to change the default clover values (1024x768) into my native resolution in config.plist?

edit:
I used CsmVideoDxe-64.efi and clover boot selection screen gets a much finer resolution (it looks like the resolution on the login screen) but it is garbled and it doesn't fit the entire screen. Also, if CsmVideoDxe-64.efi is used, I lose the apple boot loading animation. Only black screen and then a login screen afterwards.

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan,

I want to know if I could set clover to boot at my laptop's native resolution (1366x768). It's just a cosmetic thing I know, but I'm just wondering if it is at all possible to change the default clover values (1024x768) into my native resolution in config.plist?

Sorry for answering at his place.
Changing the resolution on plist, changes Clover's bootloader screen resolution.
If you want more resolution options on OSX you can hold option key when clicking 'scaled' on Display prefpane.

Thanks for chiming in @digitaljames

Based on clover wiki, clover will choose the best supported resolution on clover boot. Looking at bdmesg, I see that it set the resolution at 1024x768. I'm afraid to manually change it at config.plist for fear of not getting a boot screen or something.

Searching at the forum, I understand that changing clover boot resolution depends on 1) if the display supports it and 2) if bios supports it.

Update:
Tried to edit config.plist to change clover boot gui resolution to 1366x768. Nothing has changed.

I added CsmVideoDxe-64.efi on EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/. Resolution changed. But garbled. Also, tye part where apple logo and progress bar loading animation didn't appear. Just blqck screen. And after the same amount of time when the usual loading bar would finish, login screen would appear. Please see bdmesg output also. Thanks.

Update 2:
Removed CsmVideo driver.
Disabled CSM in BIOS
Rebooted.

GUI OS selection screen now in native resolution. Apple logo on the loading screen now *unstreched*. Trade off is that the loading bar under it is now moved about 4 inches to the right with a little pixelation. Everything else is ok.

Attachments

• IMG_20180813_120555.jpg
    IMG_20180813_120555.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20180813_121926.jpg
    IMG_20180813_121926.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20180813_125020.jpg
    IMG_20180813_125020.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20180813_125403.jpg
    IMG_20180813_125403.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Thanks for chiming in @digitaljames

Based on clover wiki, clover will choose the best supported resolution on clover boot. Looking at bdmesg, I see that it set the resolution at 1024x768. I'm afraid to manually change it at config.plist for fear of not getting a boot screen or something.

Searching at the forum, I understand that changing clover boot resolution depends on 1) if the display supports it and 2) if bios supports it.

Update:
Tried to edit config.plist to change clover boot gui resolution to 1366x768. Nothing has changed.

I added CsmVideoDxe-64.efi on EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/. Resolution changed. But garbled. Also, tye part where apple logo and progress bar loading animation didn't appear. Just blqck screen. And after the same amount of time when the usual loading bar would finish, login screen would appear. Please see bdmesg output also. Thanks.

Update 2:
Removed CsmVideo driver.
Disabled CSM in BIOS
Rebooted.

GUI OS selection screen now in native resolution. Apple logo on the loading screen now *unstreched*. Trade off is that the loading bar under it is now moved about 4 inches to the right with a little pixelation. Everything else is ok.

I forgot to mention CSM... On 840 G1 used to have this issue but G4 is ok.
You can also install Clover Bootloader on thumb drive and replace EFI using your HD EFI for testing without taking risk during test.
That's nice you reached the goal.

Thanks for your reply.
I followed this
----------------------
Installation
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
Download config-bcm94352-1x0.plist.zip (above)
use AirPort.Brcm4360 patches (10.12)
Paste patch to config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch
10.11+-Disable-Whitelist-check-RehabMan
Clover patch (not tested)
Download config-bcm94352-1x0.plist.zip (above)
Paste patch to config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch
10.13-Disable-Whitelist-check-RehabMan
AirportBrcmFixup.kext/native
-----------------------
First i tried to patch the config.plist with the disable whitelist check. Didn't work.
Then I tried AirportBrcmFixup.kext with/without -brcmfxbeta boot arg as suggested in the Readme.
Still didn't work.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

You need to use a different whitelist patch (my patch is specific to version, and I won't create one for Mojave until it is released).
You need to use the one that modifies the SMBIOS whitelist board-ids.

Hi RehabMan,

I did a complete reinstall to update to 10.13.6. After this everything works except my Wi-Fi speed. Wi-fi speed is about 0.12 mbps down and 1.4mbps up. This is on 5ghz on a 400/40 connection. Local network is also very slow. This speeds are fine when using Arch Linux (dual boot).

This worked fine before. I use a BCM943602BAED. Hope the problem reporting files tell something wrong with my configuration. Country code is listed as US on the mac info screen. Is this a problem for someone from Europe? Thanks for this amazing guide.

Regards

Edit: For some reason my HW doesn't show on my profile. But the laptop is a HP EliteBook 840 G2.

Did some more testing. My 5ghz is on channel 44 and my 2.4ghz is on channel 11. Both give me issue's. Should I use a different channel?

No experience with non-US WiFi.
Read here for appropriate country code patching:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/

Note that patches may need updating for 10.14...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back