Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
From post#1 backlight control now without graduated change? Both for slider and keyboard control?

No smooth transitions since we switched to AppleBacklightInjector.kext from IntelBacklight.kext.
But it is NOT an important feature at all.

It is as expected. Your computer does not have lid-wake or keyboard wake.
It is a hardware limitation.
You will find the same result with Windows or Linux.

Oh, good to know, but isn't that "Wake on USB" means?

Thanks

Last edited:
You will need to describe in detail. I cannot begin to guess.

The 840 G4 uses combo jack. When I plug the earphones it continue to play sound on speakers. (CX8200).
Layout ID do not show up on System Information.

The double tap to hold on trackpad was solved.

Hey folks, I have an Elitebook 840 G1 i5-4310u - Intel HD 4400. I have followed this guide for some time to upgrade all the way to 10.13.4

What i am running into at the moment is when I attempt to upgrade to 10.13.6, the install process starts, then reboots but can not complete. In clover i am left with two icons, one for "Install Mac OS.." and the other is the icon to boot into the installed Mac OS.

If i select the Install Mac OS, it tries hard for a bit and then reboot again. If i select the other icon, i boot back into 10.13.4, as if the upgrade process never happened.

I tried running the install in safe mode, with kext debugging turned on but same issues.

Before i gather the Problem Reporting material, i figured i would post to see if anyone had run into this same situation and had a quick pointer to what the root cause could be.

NOTE: I am and have been using afps since the initial install of High Sierra with no issues. I updated to the latest afps version, as well as updated from GIT per the guide, installing downloads etc.

The 840 G4 uses combo jack. When I plug the earphones it continue to play sound on speakers. (CX8200).

Look into ALCPlugFix.

Layout ID do not show up on System Information.

You need to look in ioreg to find layout-id injection.

Hey folks, I have an Elitebook 840 G1 i5-4310u - Intel HD 4400. I have followed this guide for some time to upgrade all the way to 10.13.4

What i am running into at the moment is when I attempt to upgrade to 10.13.6, the install process starts, then reboots but can not complete. In clover i am left with two icons, one for "Install Mac OS.." and the other is the icon to boot into the installed Mac OS.

If i select the Install Mac OS, it tries hard for a bit and then reboot again. If i select the other icon, i boot back into 10.13.4, as if the upgrade process never happened.

I tried running the install in safe mode, with kext debugging turned on but same issues.

Before i gather the Problem Reporting material, i figured i would post to see if anyone had run into this same situation and had a quick pointer to what the root cause could be.

NOTE: I am and have been using afps since the initial install of High Sierra with no issues. I updated to the latest afps version, as well as updated from GIT per the guide, installing downloads etc.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Currently, there is a 'beta' branch available that has support for macOS Mojave 10.14.
To use it you must switch to the beta branch:
Code (Text):

cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git checkout beta

How do I download from beta branch???

No.
Keyboard and lid are not connected via USB.

In this case, can I use external keyboard to wake it up? I will try it tonight and report it back.

No, I tried with logitech keyboard and mouse, the USB simply lost power after sleep.

I did turn on USB charging port function and Wake on USB function in the BIOS.

Tried all three USB port on the laptop and all of them can't wake the system up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back