Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two laptops one of them 450 g5 other one is 450 g3. After following this guide now i have flawlessly working two hackintosh :D. I ordered two kind Broadcom BCM94352Z wifi(867mbps)+BT4.0 NGFF M2 card. Those cards perfect for Airplay+Airdrop on probooks. One of them for lenovo, other one is for Dell(DW1560). Cards are working on probooks.
Rehabman's guide is so good. Thanks RehabMan.
Adsız.png

I think here is right place for this post :D

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Thank you for your suggestion, however after a couple or restarts it appears to be working now, odd this.
If I swap the i3-2350m for an i5-2540m shall I have to go through the setup again? On a fresh installation, is it possible to go through the setup without downloading 5+ gb worth of xcode as ssd space is at a premium?

Thank you for your suggestion, however after a couple or restarts it appears to be working now, odd this.
If I swap the i3-2350m for an i5-2540m shall I have to go through the setup again? On a fresh installation, is it possible to go through the setup without downloading 5+ gb worth of xcode as ssd space is at a premium?

Changing CPU will require you generate a new SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh.

@RehabMan..wheres the link and instructions for your FAN MOD? schematic diagram,parts etc.. ty

My Probook G5 has 6bit IPS panel. I am looking for a good 10 bit or 8 bit panel laptop.
Prefer HP brand. Any one advise?

It's Wednesday my dudes.
I have successfully followed this guide on a HP Elitebook 840 G3 and it has worked well (far better than I expected).
There is one annoying problem left.
The system successfully goes to sleep, but it can't wake from sleep.
When waking from sleep, it gets stuck in a loop, where you can see the power led going on and off in a 3-5 second cycle or so.
Then I have to hold the power button for about one minute and it works fine again. My guess is that the NVRAM or something similar gets corrupted.
Ideally I would like to fix wake from sleep, I would also be OK with disabling sleep completely.

It's Wednesday my dudes.
I have successfully followed this guide on a HP Elitebook 840 G3 and it has worked well (far better than I expected).
There is one annoying problem left.
The system successfully goes to sleep, but it can't wake from sleep.
When waking from sleep, it gets stuck in a loop, where you can see the power led going on and off in a 3-5 second cycle or so.
Then I have to hold the power button for about one minute and it works fine again. My guess is that the NVRAM or something similar gets corrupted.
Ideally I would like to fix wake from sleep, I would also be OK with disabling sleep completely.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, please fix your profile as per FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back