Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for AR9285/AR9280, Atheros WiFi not recommended by this guide.
This guide recommends Broadcom for applicable laptops as per post #1.
Broadcom wifi driver in macOS/OS X has changed in every release since Yosemite.
10.11.x(AirPortBrcm4360)
10.12.x(AirPortBrcm4360)
10.13.x(AirPortBrcmNIC)
The very special wifi card only in MacBook Retina series is that BCM94350 which need special driver code I think. After 10.10.x(Yosemite), laptop installed with this card may working perfect, or meet some problem, including null pointer, zero divide, etc.
I've collected every panic file in another debug thread for BCM94350. And I suspect this is most related with PCI configuration space.
Now reading Linux Device Drivers third edition chapter 12, PCI Drivers for further background info.

Current version of BrcmPatchRAM is 2.2.9 (with 2.2.10 soon). You're running 2.2.7.
Try updating your kexts with download.sh and install_downloads.sh.

Tried updating, the problem remains.

But there is showing some progress. When it was woken up immediately after sleep Bluetooth actually woken up, (seen white wireless icon on wireless button) and it was working...

On second attempt button was orange and bluetooth was not found aka bluetooth not available.

Bluetooth not waking from sleep - probably USB power related issue. With proper USB config & BrcmPatchRam it *should* wake... Have you tried other USB devices? Did they woke up properly ?

USB mouse and USB 3.0 flash drive is woken up correctly every time.

Attachments

• after sleep.zip
    2 MB · Views: 56
  • before sleep.zip
    2 MB · Views: 57
Tried updating, the problem remains.

But there is showing some progress. When it was woken up immediately after sleep Bluetooth actually woken up, (seen white wireless icon on wireless button) and it was working...

On second attempt button was orange and bluetooth was not found aka bluetooth not available.

USB mouse and USB 3.0 flash drive is woken up correctly every time.

Experiment with different BrcmPatchRAM delays (read BrcmPatchRAM README.md).

First off, thanks so much for the guide. Following it, I installed High Sierra on ProBook 6570b. I replaced the wifi card with a 9285 and wifi is working flawlessly.
I do have an issue though. When I boot with the file SSDT-IGPU.aml, the screen goes blank when I reach the login screen. System is still responsive. In fact, I'm writing from that machine atm, through screen sharing from another mac. If I remove that file, it boots fine, but feels a bit sluggish and brightness doesn't work. Brightness is present at the Display property in SysPrefs with the file in place.

Feels like I'm getting pretty close to having a decent system now, so any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_1804.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 97
First off, thanks so much for the guide. Following it, I installed High Sierra on ProBook 6570b. I replaced the wifi card with a 9285 and wifi is working flawlessly.
I do have an issue though. When I boot with the file SSDT-IGPU.aml, the screen goes blank when I reach the login screen. System is still responsive. In fact, I'm writing from that machine atm, through screen sharing from another mac. If I remove that file, it boots fine, but feels a bit sluggish and brightness doesn't work. Brightness is present at the Display property in SysPrefs with the file in place.

Feels like I'm getting pretty close to having a decent system now, so any help would be appreciated.

SSDT-IGPU is wrong for your hardware (1600x900 requires hires option).
Read the guide carefully.

Urgh, thought I did. Will replace and try. Cheers!

Well, don't I feel like a nitwit. Spent 2 days trying to fix brightness and installing the proper aml fixed it. Just felt like 1600x900 wasn't hires enough...

Many cheers!

Well, don't I feel like a nitwit. Spent 2 days trying to fix brightness and installing the proper aml fixed it. Just felt like 1600x900 wasn't hires enough...

Many cheers!

1600x900 screens, just like 1920x1080, use dual link cable. And that is why during install there are separate files for 1600x900 and greater vs. 1366, which use single link cable.

And same carries over into ./install_acpi.sh arguments and SSDT-IGPU.aml vs. SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml.

BCM94350 works on my 1030. I boot a ubuntu 1804 live usb, then directly reboot to OS X, the wifi cannot find any SSID (also trackpad not working).
I would ask if a working hardware in OS X after booting a linux live usb, then rebooting to OS X, become not working;
or if a not working hardware after booting linux live usb, then rebooting to OS X, become working.
What key reason this situation is related? ACPI?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back