Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to check that you have Xcode installed correctly (if you installed it) and the command line tools location is set correctly in Xcode->Preferences->Location.

If you didn't install Xcode, check xcode-select active path (see documentation for xcode-select).

--

As for your issue...

Garbage is installed:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fbe10e182d0 [0x7fff8c2e8980]> { URL = "RTL8192CUs.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.realtek.driver.RTL8192CU" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fbe127e47b0 [0x7fff8c2e8980]> { URL = "Soundflower.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower" }

USB WiFi not recommended. Remove. Remove associated software... Install recommended PCIe WiFi/BT hardware.
Remove SoundFlower.

Remove AirParrot:
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AirParrotDriver.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/APExtFramebuffer.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

Remove other kexts not recommended by the guide:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8648e0e4c0 [0x7fff8c2e8980]> { URL = "AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.tonymacx86.AHCI_3rdParty_SATA" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67050) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f864b5e0b20 [0x7fff8c2e8980]> { URL = "EnergyDriver.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.intel.driver.EnergyDriver" }

Restore this kext to vanilla:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67013) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fbe10cf7b50 [0x7fff8c2e8980]> { URL = "AppleDataSetManagement.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.AppleDataSetManagement" }

Or do fresh install to insure all such extras are not present.

Then do EC reset.

You might also try AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

You do not have the RehabMan Clover installed. Install latest RehabMan build of Clover as per guide.

Thank you for your reply. I did all that you suggested but it made no difference. Also, I use the approved WiFi/BT card, not USB. I will upgrade to 10.13.4 and if that does not help, I will go for a new install.

Thanks Rehabman. I tried that, and have the option to allow apps downloaded from "anywhere", but I'm still getting the same behavior. The HW Monitor app not working isn't even my primary concern. I'm more bothered by the "codesigning" error I get when opening the console app.

Maybe your system is corrupt.
Do a fresh install.

I finally managed to fix everything on High Sierra on my HP ProBook 450 G1, however the bootloader is glitching. I tried changing the resolution in clover configurator but it didnt work and when I booted again the resolution was still not set into the configurator. Here is a pic of the bootloader:https://i.imgur.com/RKeGVOY.jpg I tried taking a screenshot of the bootloader and it looks like its 800x600 resolution.

Also after I hit enter the screen is black for 30 seconds and then the apple logo shows up and the loader finishes in like 1.5 seconds and it boots up.

Is there a way to fix the glitch in the bootloader and to show the logo and the loader after hitting Enter?

I finally managed to fix everything on High Sierra on my HP ProBook 450 G1, however the bootloader is glitching. I tried changing the resolution in clover configurator but it didnt work and when I booted again the resolution was still not set into the configurator. Here is a pic of the bootloader:https://i.imgur.com/RKeGVOY.jpg I tried taking a screenshot of the bootloader and it looks like its 800x600 resolution.

Also after I hit enter the screen is black for 30 seconds and then the apple logo shows up and the loader finishes in like 1.5 seconds and it boots up.

Is there a way to fix the glitch in the bootloader and to show the logo and the loader after hitting Enter?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, you should check that your BIOS settings are as per post #1.

Hi there. I recently updated my laptop to 10.13.4, and my audio seems to not be working!

I have followed all the instructions in the first post, such as booting without caches, rebuilding the caches and rebooting, but still no luck. I have also reinstalled all the resources and kexts as instructed by the guide.

Please help me! :)

Hi there. I recently updated my laptop to 10.13.4, and my audio seems to not be working!

I have followed all the instructions in the first post, such as booting without caches, rebuilding the caches and rebooting, but still no luck. I have also reinstalled all the resources and kexts as instructed by the guide.

Run on the terminal: git, see if the result is error, if there is an error, reinstall the developer tools, and then execute the rehabman script. If there is still no sound, enter Windows, check if the sound is normal, and then return to mac to try it, it is very likely that it will be normal.

i upgraded from 10.10.5 to 10.13.4 everything seems to works fine expect i have this problem and i don't know
how to Disable the TRIM patch in config.plist ??

"Slow boot with APFS: This also leads to battery status being removed from the menu bar, and SysPrefs->Trackpad not showing the prefpane. With certain SSDs, TRIM patch, plus APFS leads to this problem. Solution: Disable the TRIM patch in config.plist or install on HFS+J instead of APFS."

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

i upgraded from 10.10.5 to 10.13.4 everything seems to works fine expect i have this problem and i don't know
how to Disable the TRIM patch in config.plist ??

"Slow boot with APFS: This also leads to battery status being removed from the menu bar, and SysPrefs->Trackpad not showing the prefpane. With certain SSDs, TRIM patch, plus APFS leads to this problem. Solution: Disable the TRIM patch in config.plist or install on HFS+J instead of APFS."

TRIM patch is already disabled by default in the provided plists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back