Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan when i try to update patch repositories am getting this error
KULs-Air:~ kj$ cd ~/Projects/probook.git
KULs-Air:probook.git kj$ git stash
xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
KULs-Air:probook.git kj$ git pull
xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun What could be the problem ??
This seems to be due to a problem with the developer tools. Trying to reinstall the developer tools by running 'xcode-select --install' on the terminal should solve this error and then execute the corresponding command.good luck.

Hi RehabMan when i try to update patch repositories am getting this error
KULs-Air:~ kj$ cd ~/Projects/probook.git
KULs-Air:probook.git kj$ git stash
xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
KULs-Air:probook.git kj$ git pull
xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun What could be the problem ??

It means the path to your Xcode command line tools is invalid.
If you have Xcode installed, check Xcode->Preferences->Locations, 'Command Line Tools'.
If not, see xcode-select (man xcode-select).

Someone has managed to run Intel HD3000 without flicker in High Sierra. I have a Samsung rf511 with that graph + Nvidia GT540M and I do not have a solution.

@RehabMan, I am curious about AptioMemoryFix.efi. I see that the newer laptops (Skylake, Kaby Lake) models are now using AptioMemoryFix.efi. Should I also switch over to it instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi for my ProBook 4x40s?

Thanks!

@RehabMan, I am curious about AptioMemoryFix.efi. I see that the newer laptops (Skylake, Kaby Lake) models are now using AptioMemoryFix.efi. Should I also switch over to it instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi for my ProBook 4x40s?

Thanks!

I'm using AptioMemoryFix.efi on everything except where I need to boot older systems (AptioMemoryFix.efi doesn't work with Snow Leopard, perhaps not other older OS X (Lion/ML/etc either).

I'm also using AptioMemoryFix.efi on my 4540s.
You can try it and see how it goes.

@RehabMan. Thanks for all you do for this forum. My ProBook 4530s has Atheros AR5B195 (HP part# 593127-001), RealtekRTL8111, and Intel HD3000 graphics. Your script(s) also installed IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Lilu.text, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, and IntelMausiEthernet.kext. Will I mess anything up if I remove them all? It seems I should not need them. Thank you.

@RehabMan. Thanks for all you do for this forum. My ProBook 4530s has Atheros AR5B195 (HP part# 593127-001), RealtekRTL8111, and Intel HD3000 graphics. Your script(s) also installed IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Lilu.text, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, and IntelMausiEthernet.kext. Will I mess anything up if I remove them all? It seems I should not need them. Thank you.

No need to remove any kexts (next time you do procedures associated with "System updates", install_downloads.sh will just install them again).
In fact there are many system kexts (installed by Apple) that are not used. Kexts that don't match against installed devices do nothing and don't cause a problem.
Loading only the kexts that apply to hardware is something that IOKit is very good at.

FYI: For your hardware, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext work to reduce the boot glitch that would otherwise take place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back