Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies for the delay in my response. I've had a busy week at work and haven't had time to get back on this. I have tested on a different WiFi network (mobile hotspot) and the issue is the same.

I will test on ethernet soon, but I'll also say that I am 99% certain that the issue is video driver related. It seems like anything having to do with moving images/video will not function after sleep/wake. I've also tried to do a video capture of the issue using SnagIt and it will not work either. It just sort of sits there and never starts. Please note that this functionality works fine prior to a sleep/wake. Another symptom when the issue occurs is that eventually the application that is having the problem will eventually freeze and I will have to force quit it before I can restart. I've tested Safari, Firefox, and Chrome and all exhibit the same issues. SnagIt will also freeze and require a force quit if I try to do a video capture of the issue in the browser.

I saw there were some repository updates that I pulled just a bit ago. When I report back after testing with ethernet I will include new problem reporting files.

Josh

Make sure DVMT-prealloc is set correctly in BIOS (should be 64mb or you could try 128mb as well).

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (EFI/Clover is missing).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (EFI/Clover is missing).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
I did F2 and F4 on Clover boot menu, ran "gen_debug" and obtained the following output. I have searched the error on the forum and saw that @black.dragon74 addressed this, but I still get the error. I have restart the laptop and made sure not to touch it while debug files were being generated. Attached are (hopefully) all requested files and EFI/Clover without "theme" folder the best I could.

=====================================

+ macOS DEBUG REPORT GENERATOR +

-------------------------------------

+ SCRIPT VERSION 4.2.5 +

+ AUTHOR: black.dragon74 +

Hold on for a moment....

Found script data directory at /Users/taskrov/Library/debugNk

EFI Mount Script (RehabMan) found. No need to download.

IORegistryExplorer found at /Applications/IORegistryExplorer.app

Verifying if correct version of IORegistryExplorer is installed.

Your version of IORegistryExplorer.app passed the check. Good to go!

Found patchmatic at /usr/bin/patchmatic

Data will be dumped at /Users/taskrov/Desktop/4941

Password:

Dumping loaded ACPI tables.

Dumped loaded ACPI tables.

Dumping System log.

Dumping kernel log.

Dumping kextstat.

Dumping kextcache

Dumping clover files.

Mounted EFI at /Volumes/EFI (credits RehabMan)

Verifying your EFI files...

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

Failed conversion of ``'' using format ``%Y-%d-%m''

date: illegal time format

usage: date [-jnRu] [-d dst] [-r seconds] [-t west] [-v[+|-]val[ymwdHMS]] ...

[-f fmt date | [[[mm]dd]HH]MM[[cc]yy][.ss]] [+format]

/usr/bin/gen_debug: line 309: 1523583299 - : syntax error: operand expected (error token is " ")

Unmounted /Volumes/EFI

Dumping IOREG.

IOREG dump failed. Retrying by increasing delays...

Increased delay by x2 times. Retrying...

Increased delay by x3 times. Retrying...

IOREG dump has failed 3 times. Dumping generic IOREG report instead.

System dump not requested.

You may use gen_debug -sysprofile to generate system dump.

For output in TXT format use: "gen_debug -sysprofile txt". Default format is SPX

Dumping Boot log

BDMESG not found. Unable to dump boot log.

Dumping NVRAM values...

Zipping all the files

Zipped files at: /Users/taskrov/Desktop/4941/debug_4941.zip

Dump complete. Open /Users/taskrov/Desktop/4941?(Yy/Nn) n

Okay. You can open it manually.

Thank You! Hope your problem gets sorted out soon.

---------------
Thank you.

EDIT: I attached output from IOReg app.

Attachments

• debug_4941.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 69
  • IOReg.zip
    624.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I did F2 and F4 on Clover boot menu, ran "gen_debug" and obtained the following output. I have searched the error on the forum and saw that @black.dragon74 addressed this, but I still get the error. I have restart the laptop and made sure not to touch it while debug files were being generated. Attached are (hopefully) all requested files and EFI/Clover without "theme" folder the best I could.

+ macOS DEBUG REPORT GENERATOR +

-------------------------------------

+ SCRIPT VERSION 4.2.5 +

+ AUTHOR: black.dragon74 +

Hold on for a moment....

Found script data directory at /Users/taskrov/Library/debugNk

EFI Mount Script (RehabMan) found. No need to download.

IORegistryExplorer found at /Applications/IORegistryExplorer.app

Verifying if correct version of IORegistryExplorer is installed.

Your version of IORegistryExplorer.app passed the check. Good to go!

Found patchmatic at /usr/bin/patchmatic

Data will be dumped at /Users/taskrov/Desktop/4941

Password:

Dumping loaded ACPI tables.

Dumped loaded ACPI tables.

Dumping System log.

Dumping kernel log.

Dumping kextstat.

Dumping kextcache

Dumping clover files.

Mounted EFI at /Volumes/EFI (credits RehabMan)

Verifying your EFI files...

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

Failed conversion of ``'' using format ``%Y-%d-%m''

date: illegal time format

usage: date [-jnRu] [-d dst] [-r seconds] [-t west] [-v[+|-]val[ymwdHMS]] ...

[-f fmt date | [[[mm]dd]HH]MM[[cc]yy][.ss]] [+format]

/usr/bin/gen_debug: line 309: 1523583299 - : syntax error: operand expected (error token is " ")

Unmounted /Volumes/EFI

Dumping IOREG.

Increased delay by x2 times. Retrying...

Increased delay by x3 times. Retrying...

IOREG dump has failed 3 times. Dumping generic IOREG report instead.

System dump not requested.

You may use gen_debug -sysprofile to generate system dump.

For output in TXT format use: "gen_debug -sysprofile txt". Default format is SPX

Dumping Boot log

BDMESG not found. Unable to dump boot log.

Dumping NVRAM values...

Zipping all the files

Zipped files at: /Users/taskrov/Desktop/4941/debug_4941.zip

Dump complete. Open /Users/taskrov/Desktop/4941?(Yy/Nn) n

Okay. You can open it manually.

Thank You! Hope your problem gets sorted out soon.

---------------
Thank you.

EDIT: I attached output from IOReg app.

You might want to check that you have Xcode installed correctly (if you installed it) and the command line tools location is set correctly in Xcode->Preferences->Location.

If you didn't install Xcode, check xcode-select active path (see documentation for xcode-select).

--

As for your issue...

Garbage is installed:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fbe10e182d0 [0x7fff8c2e8980]> { URL = "RTL8192CUs.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.realtek.driver.RTL8192CU" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fbe127e47b0 [0x7fff8c2e8980]> { URL = "Soundflower.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower" }

USB WiFi not recommended. Remove. Remove associated software... Install recommended PCIe WiFi/BT hardware.
Remove SoundFlower.

Remove AirParrot:
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AirParrotDriver.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/APExtFramebuffer.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

Remove other kexts not recommended by the guide:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8648e0e4c0 [0x7fff8c2e8980]> { URL = "AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.tonymacx86.AHCI_3rdParty_SATA" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67050) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f864b5e0b20 [0x7fff8c2e8980]> { URL = "EnergyDriver.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.intel.driver.EnergyDriver" }

Restore this kext to vanilla:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67013) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fbe10cf7b50 [0x7fff8c2e8980]> { URL = "AppleDataSetManagement.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.AppleDataSetManagement" }

Or do fresh install to insure all such extras are not present.

Then do EC reset.

You might also try AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

You do not have the RehabMan Clover installed. Install latest RehabMan build of Clover as per guide.

Hi, I just install 10.13.4 on a HP Elitebook 2170p. I have no sound anyone know the chipset. Or how I can find it . Sorry I'm a newbie.

Hi, I just install 10.13.4 on a HP Elitebook 2170p. I have no sound anyone know the chipset. Or how I can find it . Sorry I'm a newbie.

The 2170p is 7-series.

Make sure DVMT-prealloc is set correctly in BIOS (should be 64mb or you could try 128mb as well).

I can't find a definitive answer on this. There is not a DVMT-Prealloc specific setting in my BIOS, but I did have Video Memory Size set to 128MB. Is Video Memory Size = DVMT-Prealloc?

If so, I should be good there.

Hi all - having a bit of an odd issue on a HP Probook 4540s Clover (F.66 bios) build. I installed High Sierra from scratch, following the guide. Everything seems to be working - Wireless, Ethernet, Audio, HDMI, HDMI Audio, iMessage, etc.. However, just for the sake of seeing what was displayed, I tried to load the HW Monitor app...and nothing happened. When I tried to load the console app to see what was errors I was logging, the console app crashed with a "CODESIGNING" error. So far, those are the only two errors I've experienced. I've attached the screenshot of the crash report, as well as the debug files...

Has anyone run into this?
Thanks...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 7.43.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 7.43.01 AM.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 106
  • debug_22838.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
I can't find a definitive answer on this. There is not a DVMT-Prealloc specific setting in my BIOS, but I did have Video Memory Size set to 128MB. Is Video Memory Size = DVMT-Prealloc?

If so, I should be good there.

Try both 64mb and 128mb.

Hi all - having a bit of an odd issue on a HP Probook 4540s Clover (F.66 bios) build. I installed High Sierra from scratch, following the guide. Everything seems to be working - Wireless, Ethernet, Audio, HDMI, HDMI Audio, iMessage, etc.. However, just for the sake of seeing what was displayed, I tried to load the HW Monitor app...and nothing happened. When I tried to load the console app to see what was errors I was logging, the console app crashed with a "CODESIGNING" error. So far, those are the only two errors I've experienced. I've attached the screenshot of the crash report, as well as the debug files...

Has anyone run into this?
Thanks...

Read here regarding 'spctl --master-disable':
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Thanks Rehabman. I tried that, and have the option to allow apps downloaded from "anywhere", but I'm still getting the same behavior. The HW Monitor app not working isn't even my primary concern. I'm more bothered by the "codesigning" error I get when opening the console app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back