Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably my english is not the best and I have not explained the problem well.
the video card works great with the config and the ssdt of the repository. the only problem is this: when I connect a second monitor with HDMI cable to my laptop the signal on the second monitor is not in hd and the aspect ratio seems wrong. On hackintosh everything keeps working. With 0x59160000 i've the same problem.
Seems that the problem is that port x5 buffer 0105 has connector type DP 04 instead of HDMI and i don't know how ti patch this by clover.

Ok... so result is same with 0x59160000 as for 0x591b0000.
Have you tried another monitor (may be monitor specific problem).

Any change requires new problem reporting files.
You stated you "Reinstalled" (clearly that is a "change").
No "problem reporting" files attached.
Did you ever look at the original PR files?

Please note that your profile is inaccurate. It shows only Intel graphics, but the files you provided earlier prove your profile is inaccurate (AMD graphics are shown in your preboot.log).

Please fix your profile as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hi RehabMan,
By your hint, I disabled AMD graphics, and use onboard-graphic card (Intel) in BIOS and SUCCESSFULLY INSTALL macOSX High Sierra. Now I continue follow your guide (Post Installation).

Thank you very much for your contributions in this forum :)

Hi RehabMan,
By your hint, I disabled AMD graphics, and use onboard-graphic card (Intel) in BIOS and SUCCESSFULLY INSTALL macOSX High Sierra. Now I continue follow your guide (Post Installation).

Thank you very much for your contributions in this forum :)

After post-install, you should should be able to re-enable the AMD graphics device for use in Windows.

Ok... so result is same with 0x59160000 as for 0x591b0000.
Have you tried another monitor (may be monitor specific problem).
Other device work well with this monitor. Now i try with another One.
And thadann! With other monitor works great! Rehabman you are right! So now everything work. I'm waiting shipment of wifi card. It's safe to update to 10.13.4? If no, usually you write a post ti tell us if we Can update or not. Thanks for your great work and answer!

Attachments

• 1522431182508390399377286414237.jpg
    1522431182508390399377286414237.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 134
After post-install, you should should be able to re-enable the AMD graphics device for use in Windows.
Hi RehebMan,
I followed your guide in the section "Post Installation". Now, my laptop can boot and work with sound, ... as I expect.
However, I have the problem that every time I start my machine the BIOS prompts a warning that the CMOS is reset and the option to choose default setting. I can omit this option and press power button, and laptop can restart normally without the warning. Does this annoyance relate the ACPI or the like?

I attach here the CLOVER folder of mine.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 78
Dear all, dear Rehabman,

wanted to say thank you very much for this incredible resource available here to us hackintosh users! Very very special thanks to RehabMan, your knowledge and generosity in helping here is out of this world! Thank you so much!

Following Rehabman's build(s) and guides I bought hardware I read here was to be expected to work well, so I got a

HP Probook 450 G5.

My aim was to have a silent but speedy laptop running osx. And my expectations have been more than fulfilled due to Rehabman's posts here. Have tried recently a few laptops before the Probook, like some Lenovo and Acer products, but the fan noise was finally always killing it. The 450 G5 is completely silent not only in idle but also under things like browsing the web and watching full-hd youtube etc., be it under win10 or osx 10.13.3. Wow! :) but you got to know I am very picky towards noise, so please forgive me my enthusiasm for a silent notebook. of course Lenovo would have had better keyboard, screen, touchpad etc., but Lenovo and acer weren't fully silent in idle. HP seems to do something very well about the cooling in the Probook 450 G5. Unlike the cooling/fan in 440 G5 or 430 G5, if reading about "emissions" in the notebook reviews can be trusted.

Even though almost everything works almost perfectly now, I would dare to ask you Rehabman for help about two things that aren't working as expected:

1. the built in keyboard and trackpad don't work 3 out of 4 times after booting. I have seen that voodoops2 kext's are loaded all the times, also when the built in keyboard/touchpad int functional. Is something wrong with my ACPI? Or NVRAM? (under win10 the keyboard/trackpad is reported as I2C HID)

2. using an external HDMI monitor (with a native resolution of 2560x1440) with this build will NOT allow me to choose 2560x1440, only resolutions smaller and equal to 1920x1080, no matter if using RDM or pressing alt+scaling under sysprefs-monitor-resolution.

Problem reporting files attached.

Thank you so much again Rehabman and all you hackintosh aficionados willing to share their knowledge! ;)

Cheerio!

Attachments

• debug_25246.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 103
Last edited by a moderator:
It's safe to update to 10.13.4?

I have only updated my main desktop so far (see my signature).
Will update my ProBook (and other computers) over the coming days.
Plus, I don't have your laptop, so I can't say for sure... other than... you'll find out when you try.

Hi RehebMan,
I followed your guide in the section "Post Installation". Now, my laptop can boot and work with sound, ... as I expect.
However, I have the problem that every time I start my machine the BIOS prompts a warning that the CMOS is reset and the option to choose default setting. I can omit this option and press power button, and laptop can restart normally without the warning. Does this annoyance relate the ACPI or the like?

I attach here the CLOVER folder of mine.

Thank you for your help.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS installed (and correct BIOS options).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back