Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regard to the 2 problems described above (keyboard/trackpad not working 3 out of 4 times and HDMI resolution not working correctly) I attached debug files to this post, using the external HDMI monitor (notebook lid closed) and built in keyboard+trackpad also not functional at the same time. Hope this helps to figure out the problem(s).

Thanks a lot Rehabman et al.!

Attachments

• debug_5285.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 76
My aim was to have a silent but speedy laptop running osx. And my expectations have been more than fulfilled due to Rehabman's posts here. Have tried recently a few laptops before the Probook, like some Lenovo and Acer products, but the fan noise was finally always killing it. The 450 G5 is completely silent not only in idle but also under things like browsing the web and watching full-hd youtube etc., be it under win10 or osx 10.13.3. Wow! :) but you got to know I am very picky towards noise, so please forgive me my enthusiasm for a silent notebook. of course Lenovo would have had better keyboard, screen, touchpad etc., but Lenovo and acer weren't fully silent in idle. HP seems to do something very well about the cooling in the Probook 450 G5. Unlike the cooling/fan in 440 G5 or 430 G5, if reading about "emissions" in the notebook reviews can be trusted.

Nice to hear it is quiet... I'm a bit picky about noise too.

1. the built in keyboard and trackpad don't work 3 out of 4 times after booting. I have seen that voodoops2 kext's are loaded all the times, also when the built in keyboard/touchpad int functional. Is something wrong with my ACPI? Or NVRAM? (under win10 the keyboard/trackpad is reported as I2C HID)

Guide recommends AptioMemoryFix.efi (if it works). But if you need to use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, you would also need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, which appears to be missing from drivers64UEFI.

Also, I recommend you use my version of Clover. I'm not personally testing sourceforge Clover builds...

Also, with I2C trackpad, you might look into using the new I2C kexts (you would need to do the research).

With the ioreg you attached, it appears PS2 trackpad/keyboard are working... Do the files you attached represent the scenario where they are not working (you would need to use a USB keyboard/mouse to collect those files).

2. using an external HDMI monitor (with a native resolution of 2560x1440) with this build will NOT allow me to choose 2560x1440, only resolutions smaller and equal to 1920x1080, no matter if using RDM or pressing alt+scaling under sysprefs-monitor-resolution.

The ioreg you attached shows no HDMI monitor connected.
Also, you might try using ig-platform-id 0x591b0000. You can change it by changing RMCF.IGPI in your model specific SSDT.

With the ioreg you attached, it appears PS2 trackpad/keyboard are working... Do the files you attached represent the scenario where they are not working (you would need to use a USB keyboard/mouse to collect those files).

The ioreg you attached shows no HDMI monitor connected.
Also, you might try using ig-platform-id 0x591b0000. You can change it by changing RMCF.IGPI in your model specific SSDT.

Thanks so much Rehabman for the advices, which I will surely follow!
Since I suspected you would need the corresponding debug files "in the status of" HDMI connected and keys not working I posted the respective debug files in post #1856. ;)

Thank you very much again!

With regard to the 2 problems described above (keyboard/trackpad not working 3 out of 4 times and HDMI resolution not working correctly) I attached debug files to this post, using the external HDMI monitor (notebook lid closed) and built in keyboard+trackpad also not functional at the same time. Hope this helps to figure out the problem(s).

Thanks a lot Rehabman et al.!

Definitely try ig-platform-id 0x591b0000.

The ioreg shows PS2M unpopulated, which probably indicates the trackpad driver failed to identify your trackpad as Synaptics.
Check the kernel logs for details...

I have only updated my main desktop so far (see my signature).
Will update my ProBook (and other computers) over the coming days.
Plus, I don't have your laptop, so I can't say for sure... other than... you'll find out when you try.
Ok i try in the next few hour and write bere if is safe.
How i can check CPU temp, if CPU works well and if battery discharge is corretto or more than normal?
I've never use Windows on this laptop. Direct install Mac osx :D

EDIT: Good news! Everything works good after update, i write only few info:
1) Was necessary to boot osx with clover usb after reboot because mouse and keyboard doesn't work, maybe a my personal problem because of crash of google chrome
2) Everything seems works good except for blacklight control button, making SSDT-PLNF.aml and installing kext in guide problem is fixed ;)
3) HDMI audio not work :(

Attachments

• debug_17838.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
HP Probook 450 G5.
I own this laptop as well and have absolutely no issues with it. I replaced the WiFi card and it's a perfect Mac now to me. One more difference: I added one more drive - bought a SATA cable and installed an SSD. I run MacOs from the SSD, the NVMe I left to Windows 10.

I followed the guide and used the kaby-lake-r config from RehabMan's repo. Yesterday I updated to 10.13.4, everything works flawlessly. So I don't know what to recommend except use the guide and follow the instructions. It took me maybe 2-3 hours to set it up.

2) Everything seems works good except for blacklight control button, making SSDT-PLNF.aml and installing kext in guide problem is fixed ;)

SSDT-PNLF.aml is built-in to SSDT-IGPU.aml.
Adding SSDT-PNLF.aml to ACPI/patched is a mistake. You should remove it.

SSDT-PNLF.aml is built-in to SSDT-IGPU.aml.
Adding SSDT-PNLF.aml to ACPI/patched is a mistake. You should remove it.
great man! you're a master. no doubt. Remove SSDT-PNLF.aml and everything work again!
10.13.4 on HP 430 G4 works like a charm! Now i'm waiting for BCM94352Z!
Thanks a lot!

Happy Eastern everyone!

Thank you very much for the advice, still though no change yet.

Guide recommends AptioMemoryFix.efi (if it works). But if you need to use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, you would also need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, which appears to be missing from drivers64UEFI.

Removed OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, installed AptioMemoryFix.efi. things work just as before. So if you say this is the preferable method, great, I will leave AptioMemeoryFix.efi only in there.

Also, I recommend you use my version of Clover. I'm not personally testing sourceforge Clover builds...

Installed your latest Clover version. No changes in behavior.

Also, with I2C trackpad, you might look into using the new I2C kexts (you would need to do the research).

Oh, this is a tough one, for me. Following your guides I did:
create DSDT via F4 in clover, disassemble it to .dsl, open that with maciasl, patch DSDT with them win10 and gpio patches, but then: compiling/saving leads to 5 syntax errors which I can't resolve. also compiling the DSDT as given by clover (without patches) leads to the same errors. but this is the wrong thread for this topic I guess, will be posting there.

the device specific ssdt compiles well without errors, so I could try that, but it seems worse thaN before: after changing changing that IGPI from "Zero" to "0x591b0000" the external monitor connected via HDMI doesn't work at all anymore, turns black (standby).

The ioreg shows PS2M unpopulated, which probably indicates the trackpad driver failed to identify your trackpad as Synaptics.
Check the kernel logs for details...

Can you help me out maybe about this, I am having a hard time interpreting the kernel log. what should I be looking for? what could be the reason for the driver failing to identify the trackpad as synaptics? can this be associated to some NVME-installation (timing) problems?

Last edited:
Hi Edd,

I own this laptop as well and have absolutely no issues with it. I replaced the WiFi card and it's a perfect Mac now to me. One more difference: I added one more drive - bought a SATA cable and installed an SSD. I run MacOs from the SSD, the NVMe I left to Windows 10.

I followed the guide and used the kaby-lake-r config from RehabMan's repo. Yesterday I updated to 10.13.4, everything works flawlessly. So I don't know what to recommend except use the guide and follow the instructions. It took me maybe 2-3 hours to set it up.

Would it make a difference running from NVME, as id do opposed to running osx from sata-ssd, hmm don't know, might try. I had only one crash with this hackintosh build here, and that was a NVME-associated kernel panic , hmm, maybe I should really consider running from ssd.

Edd, may a ask you if you also explicitly tried external monitors with resolutions of 2560x1440 or above connected via HDMI or another way? Do you have the 450 G5 with or without dedicated GPU?
What about the keyboard/trackpad, did it always work, never dysfunctional after booting? Do you use voodoops2 or voodooic2? rehabman's voodoops2 or another fork?

thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back