Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello RehabMan,
I do all things as you suggested: using AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, recheck my BIOS settings, try another USB ports. But I have no change! The boot processs still stucks at the Apple logo. In another try, I use verbose mode, the boot process ends with abnormal code (as in the attached photo).

Please give me a help! Thank you very much!

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Also, read here (may be a problem with dual-GPU):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/

@RehabMan I am sorry to say but your method did not worked for me, i have tried 15 to 20 time to install mac wiith your method, every time i failed to succeed, first i thought i forgot some thing during installation or post installation but today i focus in it i installed with the help of instruction you have provided but failed as before, three problems were there i was facing.

1. battery manager.
2. brightness control.
3. audio.

i did not succeed even for a single problem, more over when i restart the laptop to check the changes display goes plain and ugly and transparency goes to white, before the reboot display was very clear and transparent same as compare to macintosh.
my suggestion is to recheck this method so that the users who have same laptop like me can save their time.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi there, i have upgraded to 840g3 in november, but im still forced to use my old g1 because this new machine has some problems. It installs well, even though the wifi card (lenovo brand 94352z ) is painfully slow with the win 10 creators update (it seems to be a common problem, no driver version can fix it, have not dug much more into it anyway).

The pc started to have slow boots after one month of use. It started doing that once a week, then it became permanent.
I decided to go for fresh install in january on a m2 samsung ssd (pm861, i was on a 275gb mx300 before that). Started on 10.13.2. Now, after 3 months of use, the slow boot is coming back from time to time. I tried to reinstall kext and upgrade to 10.13.3 with no result. It is still not permanent but i feel like it will be soon. I tried to do bios and ec reset (what a pita to disassemble this when the g1 was so easy) with no result.

I also noticed that ethernet (that works on windows) does not work on macos after install, it dances between cable not connected and no cable. It works fine on installation with the generic config and no patched acpi from the installer usb i created with your guide.
I attached a screen for the slow boot problem and the debug files, but i am wondering if maybe i should take a acpi dump on every boot until i get across a slow one and then send you the report made for the slow booting one?

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 66
  • debug_15532.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
Hi there, i have upgraded to 840g3 in november, but im still forced to use my old g1 because this new machine has some problems. It installs well, even though the wifi card (lenovo brand 94352z ) is painfully slow with the win 10 creators update (it seems to be a common problem, no driver version can fix it, have not dug much more into it anyway).

The pc started to have slow boots after one month of use. It started doing that once a week, then it became permanent.
I decided to go for fresh install in january on a m2 samsung ssd (pm861, i was on a 275gb mx300 before that). Started on 10.13.2. Now, after 3 months of use, the slow boot is coming back from time to time. I tried to reinstall kext and upgrade to 10.13.3 with no result. It is still not permanent but i feel like it will be soon. I tried to do bios and ec reset (what a pita to disassemble this when the g1 was so easy) with no result.

I also noticed that ethernet (that works on windows) does not work on macos after install, it dances between cable not connected and no cable. It works fine on installation with the generic config and no patched acpi from the installer usb i created with your guide.
I attached a screen for the slow boot problem and the debug files, but i am wondering if maybe i should take a acpi dump on every boot until i get across a slow one and then send you the report made for the slow booting one?

You should probably install on HFS+J instead of APFS.

Hello RehabMan,
I downloaded macOS from Apple Store, in a hackintosh HP 4540s. Then, I create USB installer from that laptop.
I will read your guide and recheck.

Thank you for your reply!

Please note that your profile is inaccurate. It shows only Intel graphics, but the files you provided earlier prove your profile is inaccurate (AMD graphics are shown in your preboot.log).

Please fix your profile as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

You should probably install on HFS+J instead of APFS.

It does not show the signs described in the first post, it is not a fsck problem...i plan to do a reinstall anyway, and i will do on hfs+, but i wanted to post my error reporting.
Anyway, the bigger problem i was going to add and tryn to describe is with WiFi. 2 days ago it started to drop connection like crazy, i see the wifi signal keep going down and reconnecting, all pages take years to open and downloads take ages. I did the bios and ec reset and reinstalled kexts (could not download new ones, but git pull gave no changes and i see most drivers have not been upgraded since january anyway) with no result. I also did the upgrade to 13.3 because of that with no result. I tried with different wifi networks (went to a friend home yesterday) and with my phone hotspost also. It is acting exactly like in windows now.. The good old 840 g1 with bcm943225hmb is doing great on both os meanwhile.
Then, it suddendly went away while i was uploading the error report files 10 minutes ago, so i was puzzled and removed the post i was writing..i posted it and now its back. Rebooted and it still slow and reconnecting.

tried 3 different cards with same result. Also, did you read about the ethernet problem?

Attachments

• Photo on 29-03-2018 at 18.54.jpg
    Photo on 29-03-2018 at 18.54.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 106
Don't forget to run ./build.sh as per guide to rebuild the files at config/*

If you still think there is an issue, you must provide PR files (both with 0x59160000 and with 0x591b0000).
I think I have the required patch for 0x591b0000, but it would be more obvious with PR files...
If there is something wrong in the repo, it is hard to see without seeing both working/not working PR files.

ok i've done everything again, below step i've done:
1) cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh
(build process give this message when build config.plist for my laptop:
!! creating config/config_4x0s_G4_Kabylake.plist Duplicate Entry Was Skipped: KextsToPatch)

2) ./mount_efi.sh
./install_acpi.sh install_4x0g4_kabylake
cp ./config/config_4x0s_G4_Kabylake.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist

3) edit config.plist with clover resolution, theme, abm_firstpolldelay

4) reboot

Problem of second screen resolution is still here.

How can i send to you PR files? for what PR stay for? What are PR files?

Thank again for you help and patience.

Attachments

• debug_31355.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back