Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like hardware defect.

Reinstalled on mx500 ssd 10.13.1 . Confirm the ethernet bug (working when boot from install usb, not working after acpi ancd config final install). Wifi problem is gone (no hints on the reason). Still need to wait for the slow boot to show up probably

tried 3 different cards with same result.

If you have the same problem in Windows, it is a hardware (or BIOS?) problem.
Hardware defect may not be limited to the WiFi card itself.

ok i've done everything again, below step i've done:
1) cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh
(build process give this message when build config.plist for my laptop:
!! creating config/config_4x0s_G4_Kabylake.plist Duplicate Entry Was Skipped: KextsToPatch)

2) ./mount_efi.sh
./install_acpi.sh install_4x0g4_kabylake
cp ./config/config_4x0s_G4_Kabylake.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist

3) edit config.plist with clover resolution, theme, abm_firstpolldelay

4) reboot

Problem of second screen resolution is still here.

How can i send to you PR files? for what PR stay for? What are PR files?

Thank again for you help and patience.

Need PR files for both working and non-working situation (eg. PR files for 0x59160000 and 0x591b0000).
PR stands for "Problem Reporting", of course.

Reinstalled on mx500 ssd 10.13.1 . Confirm the ethernet bug (working when boot from install usb, not working after acpi ancd config final install). Wifi problem is gone (no hints on the reason). Still need to wait for the slow boot to show up probably

Why 10.13.1?
Current version is 10.13.3.

And no idea without PR files.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Why 10.13.1?
Current version is 10.13.3.

And no idea without PR files.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I attached PR in my first post about this issue 8 hours ago. I started with 13.1 because my installer is at that version. I understand that you have a lot to read but i already answered to all and provided PR with that tool.
Please note, i do repair notebook for living, i am not tryn to waste your time with nonsense. I do have a clear feeling that there is some degradation going on while using this notebook, while on the contrary on my 840g1 thing got stable after fixing initial problems.

I will recap : 1 i have a slow boot problem (attached photo on OP) that is not coming from fsck but rather problem with kext stall, not apfs related (i have apfs on my 840g1 without issues). The problem stuck with different SSDs . Upon reinstalling, first week all goes well, then it slowly starts to happen more often till it comes up every boot.
2 Ethernet cable is not working after installing acpi and config from github. It works when i start from the usb installer created with you notebook config guide.
3 (strangest one) suddendly my ethernet became super slow. FIxed now with reinstall. Was not able to track down the issue but the PR files i attached are from that config wich had the issue. More strange, while i was uploading the PR files, problem went away for a couple of minutes.

THINGS I DID ALREADY AFTER THE WIFI PROBLEM APPEARED: made sure git was up to date, EC reset, switch between aptiomemoryfix and aptiofix v1 and v2 and your custom clover builds, upgrade bios to latest version, upgrade system from 10.13.2 to 10.13.3 (losing audio in the process, restored with pre_patch), switch different wifi cards, reinstall drivers on windows, bios reset to factory defaults and re apply settings from guide.

Hi! I'm wondering which fan option will make my laptop fan run the most/highest. I'm noticing my laptop heats up quite a bit.

Need PR files for both working and non-working situation (eg. PR files for 0x59160000 and 0x591b0000).
PR stands for "Problem Reporting", of course.
probably my english is not the best and I have not explained the problem well.
the video card works great with the config and the ssdt of the repository. the only problem is this: when I connect a second monitor with HDMI cable to my laptop the signal on the second monitor is not in hd and the aspect ratio seems wrong. On hackintosh everything keeps working. With 0x59160000 i've the same problem.
Seems that the problem is that port x5 buffer 0105 has connector type DP 04 instead of HDMI and i don't know how ti patch this by clover.

Hello, friends!
Has anyone already updated to 10.13.4?
Is it safe?

I attached PR in my first post about this issue 8 hours ago. I started with 13.1 because my installer is at that version. I understand that you have a lot to read but i already answered to all and provided PR with that tool.
Please note, i do repair notebook for living, i am not tryn to waste your time with nonsense. I do have a clear feeling that there is some degradation going on while using this notebook, while on the contrary on my 840g1 thing got stable after fixing initial problems.

I will recap : 1 i have a slow boot problem (attached photo on OP) that is not coming from fsck but rather problem with kext stall, not apfs related (i have apfs on my 840g1 without issues). The problem stuck with different SSDs . Upon reinstalling, first week all goes well, then it slowly starts to happen more often till it comes up every boot.
2 Ethernet cable is not working after installing acpi and config from github. It works when i start from the usb installer created with you notebook config guide.
3 (strangest one) suddendly my ethernet became super slow. FIxed now with reinstall. Was not able to track down the issue but the PR files i attached are from that config wich had the issue. More strange, while i was uploading the PR files, problem went away for a couple of minutes.

THINGS I DID ALREADY AFTER THE WIFI PROBLEM APPEARED: made sure git was up to date, EC reset, switch between aptiomemoryfix and aptiofix v1 and v2 and your custom clover builds, upgrade bios to latest version, upgrade system from 10.13.2 to 10.13.3 (losing audio in the process, restored with pre_patch), switch different wifi cards, reinstall drivers on windows, bios reset to factory defaults and re apply settings from guide.

Any change requires new problem reporting files.
You stated you "Reinstalled" (clearly that is a "change").
No "problem reporting" files attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back