Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!
I am using this guide for my Broadwell G430 since a while now on Sierra. My last update of the repositories was for 10.12.5.

Today I just updated like described (like the times before) in the guide for updating to High Sierra. Got new Clover and got the other new files via GIT and let the scripts do the work and finally copied the new plists and added my SMBIOS. Before I was going to upgrade to High Sierra I wanted to try the new files in my Sierra 10.12.5, but I can't boot any longer. After I choose my MacOS in clover the "Apple" appears and after seconds it reboots. I made a photo in verbose mode of the last screen before it reboots.

IMG_1747.jpg

Do you have any idea to solve the problem? I can't get into the OS.

Thanks for your help I really appreciating your work.

I guess I jumped the gun.

As I suspected and wrote in #1182.

Three restarts worked perfectly, but like previously mentioned, the problem is intermittent. It showed up again in the last couple of restarts causing "busy timeout" messages on the verbose boot screen (can't find the logs of this), one per minute, four times.

Prerequisite diagnostic files attached... (Including the same reports from the previous post.)

LasVegas

Update: Added a photo of the verbose message:
View attachment 304183

Your ioreg shows APFS. Install on HFS+J instead.

Hi there!
I am using this guide for my Broadwell G430 since a while now on Sierra. My last update of the repositories was for 10.12.5.

Today I just updated like described (like the times before) in the guide for updating to High Sierra. Got new Clover and got the other new files via GIT and let the scripts do the work and finally copied the new plists and added my SMBIOS. Before I was going to upgrade to High Sierra I wanted to try the new files in my Sierra 10.12.5, but I can't boot any longer. After I choose my MacOS in clover the "Apple" appears and after seconds it reboots. I made a photo in verbose mode of the last screen before it reboots.

View attachment 304182

Do you have any idea to solve the problem? I can't get into the OS.

Thanks for your help I really appreciating your work.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Your ioreg shows APFS. Install on HFS+J instead.

Would this effect how the system sees that USB port? That would also require enabling TRIM and a royal PITA to backup and restore the drive to JHFS+... Haaa... I'll give it a try... It's only 128GB...

LasVegas

Would this effect how the system sees that USB port? That would also require enabling TRIM and a royal PITA to backup and restore the drive to JHFS+... Haaa... I'll give it a try... It's only 128GB...

LasVegas

APFS on non-Apple SSDs has been known to cause all sorts of strange conditions at boot.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Mmmh. That's not easy because I can't get into MacOS to give you the EFI Folder. I backed up the config.plist which is now not booting. You'll find that attached.

In addition I did the following. I created a new USB Bootstick and followed the Guides Instructions of https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ creating the new USB Stick. The system is also not booting with that. I provide a screenshot of verbose, before the system reboots and the EFI folder I newly created.(Just mentioning I tested lilu.kext and intelgraphicsfixup.kext - that's why they are in the folder too. Without them - same result)

IMG_1749.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    19.5 KB · Views: 222
  • CLOVER_NEW.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
APFS on non-Apple SSDs has been known to cause all sorts of strange conditions at boot.

After hours of backing up, attempting restore Time Machine to JHFS+ partition (NOTE: Time Machine Restore automatically converts to APFS on SSD destination!), and finally re-install with script edit to avoid APFS conversion, I've concluded that the problem is NOT related to APFS. I actually had to block injection of BrcmPatchRAM2.kext just to get it to boot the USB Installer. It would infinitely loop on BrcmPatchRAM2 failure.

I am now booted from the SSD formatted as JHFS+ with exactly the same problem. System Information and IORegistry Explorer both report two instances of BCM20702A0 on the same port and no Bluetooth. The first of the two entries does show driver data as it did in the uploaded reports.

LasVegas

Last edited:
Mmmh. That's not easy because I can't get into MacOS to give you the EFI Folder. I backed up the config.plist which is now not booting. You'll find that attached.

In addition I did the following. I created a new USB Bootstick and followed the Guides Instructions of https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ creating the new USB Stick. The system is also not booting with that. I provide a screenshot of verbose, before the system reboots and the EFI folder I newly created.(Just mentioning I tested lilu.kext and intelgraphicsfixup.kext - that's why they are in the folder too. Without them - same result)

View attachment 304260

OK, wow! I managed to get it to start again. The Clover from yesterday (v2.4k r4368) seemed to be the problem. I tried latest version of Rehabman fork (https://github.com/RehabMan/Clover - v2.4k r4359.RM) and the latest update of main fork v2.4k r4369 - both working easy peasy.

Hi RehabMan,
is it possible to get a DSDT Patch for the battery that i can use for a DSDT (ProBook 450 G4)
I know here is the hotpatching guide for this laptop that i use.

Thanks.

View attachment 304260

The Clover setup you attached in CLOVER_NEW.zip is completely wrong.
The config.plist is for post-install (but is also not current), but ACPI/patched content is pre-install.
For pre-install, different config.plist is used.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back