Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is because no kexts will be injected when you're booting your system partition because FakeSMC.kext is installed and InjectKexts="Detect".
And your ACPI lacks the needed injections for SATA.
In particular, SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is not injected, and it is not installed either... and you don't have the SATA injections (SSDT-SATA.asl) that are assumed by install_downloads.sh.

Solution: You can force injection of kexts via Clover (from spacebar menu), which will then cause SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext to be injected, or you could install SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext to your system volume.

Thank you Rehabman once again. There is no (SSDT-SATA.asl) by install_download.sh. And where can I find updated SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext? I will try and report you back. Thank you.

Thank you Rehabman once again. There is no (SSDT-SATA.asl) by install_download.sh. And where can I find updated SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext? I will try and report you back. Thank you.

SSDT-SATA.asl is part of SSDT-HACK.asl, which is included into the model specific SSDT.
Code:
//
// Unsupported SATA modes, unsupported SATA devices
// From SSDT-SATA.dsl
//

Original code comes from SSDT-SATA.dsl in my hotpatch repo. It injects a compatible device-id for unsupported SATA devices via ACPI _DSM.

It is why your system can boot without SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is attached to the main Clover guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Note: install_downloads.sh has nothing to do with ACPI setup.

@RehabMan,

I just have an informational question regarding your guide and the possibility of using a Fusion Drive setup. I currently have a SSD in the main bay, but would like to install a secondary HDD bay with a larger mechanical HD and then creating a Fusion Drive for the two.

My only main concern is I know the guide's scripts have an issue with discerning LVM containers versus conventional partition mapping. Will it be an issue to attempt to use a Fusion Drive setup with this guide?

SSDT-SATA.asl is part of SSDT-HACK.asl, which is included into the model specific SSDT.
Code:
//
// Unsupported SATA modes, unsupported SATA devices
// From SSDT-SATA.dsl
//

Original code comes from SSDT-SATA.dsl in my hotpatch repo. It injects a compatible device-id for unsupported SATA devices via ACPI _DSM.

It is why your system can boot without SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is attached to the main Clover guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Note: install_downloads.sh has nothing to do with ACPI setup.

I have installed SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext through terminal and rebuild kext cache. Still getting same error. I even try to install on newly hard drive and outcome is the same. I even remove FakeSMC.kext from EFI system boots successfully but Sierra and High Sierra still giving me the same error. :( also put the SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext into the EFI/Clover/Other still not getting boot screen.

@RehabMan,

I just have an informational question regarding your guide and the possibility of using a Fusion Drive setup. I currently have a SSD in the main bay, but would like to install a secondary HDD bay with a larger mechanical HD and then creating a Fusion Drive for the two.

My only main concern is I know the guide's scripts have an issue with discerning LVM containers versus conventional partition mapping. Will it be an issue to attempt to use a Fusion Drive setup with this guide?

I don't recommend a Fusion setup and have never tested the scripts with it.
I guess you'll find out when you try.

I have installed SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext through terminal and rebuild kext cache. Still getting same error. I even try to install on newly hard drive and outcome is the same. I even remove FakeSMC.kext from EFI system boots successfully but Sierra and High Sierra still giving me the same error. :( also put the SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext into the EFI/Clover/Other still not getting boot screen.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

As per post #1, you must boot without caches, rebuild cache, then reboot.
Your first clue that you failed to boot without caches is the fact that AppleHDA.kext does not show in your kextcache output.

Also, you have the wrong version of Clover installed. Use the latest RehabMan build as recommended in my guide.

How shall I boot without caches? I thought this capability with removed from High Sierra.

How shall I boot without caches? I thought this capability with removed from High Sierra.

The option is available from my version of Clover. It was inappropriately removed from mainline Clover, but I added it back to my version as it is still useful.

Although boot without caches (-f kernel flag) does not do everything it used to do, it still does something,... as evidenced by its effectiveness in restoring AppleHDA to kernel cache.

The option is available from my version of Clover. It was inappropriately removed from mainline Clover, but I added it back to my version as it is still useful.

Although boot without caches (-f kernel flag) does not do everything it used to do, it still does something,... as evidenced by its effectiveness in restoring AppleHDA to kernel cache.
Thanks RehabMan it Worked .

Hi,

I made a fresh install of 10.13.2 High Sierra on my HP Elitebook 8470p. Most features seem to be working, but I have some problem with sleep mode. The laptop can go to sleep mode, but after I wake it up, it freezes down. The first sign is that it tries to connect to the wifi network with no success (in the menu you can read kAirPortTurnoffkey instead of Turn of WIFI), then you cannot do anything, the trackpad and the screen works, but the computer does not reply. I have attached the files, hope that you have advice.

D.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
  • ioreg.zip
    598.5 KB · Views: 63
  • patchmatic.zip
    57.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Terminal output.zip
    4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_9960.JPG
    IMG_9960.JPG