Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a G3 Zbook, I have succeeded in getting the VGA port to work but not the HDMI. I had to replace framebuffer #1 / port #5 with framebuffer #4 / port #7.

You should clarify by sharing your patches.
I can't understand what you mean by "replace framebuffer #1 / port #5 with framebuffer #4 / port #7".

Hi. I'm on 10.12 Sierra and wants to update to 10.12.6.

I'm on Elitebook 2570p. I'm planning to use the 10.12.6 combo update.

What should I do to ensure a seamlessly update. I have a feeling I should do some git commands again after updating (before rebooting?).

Last edited:
You should clarify by sharing your patches.
I can't understand what you mean by "replace framebuffer #1 / port #5 with framebuffer #4 / port #7".

I used this kext patch in Clover config.plist:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>ZB VGA port enable</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
AQUJAAAEAACHAQAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AwYKAAAIAACHAQAA
</data>
</dict>

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Thanks a lot RehabMan

1. I've attached the reports. Hope it gathered data from the attached USB drive
As an add note in terminal while running that report data gathering this line appears several times
"Found non-key inside <dict> at line 518
Error Reading File: config.plist"

2. Please consider the last paragraph of post #960 as to how High Sierra works. I would add right click some of the dock apps and select from the last opened files barely works. Rich content web pages and scroll equals freeze screen less the mouse pointer that you can't do anything with apart from moving around

3. In Clover bootloader how can I activate that few seconds automatic countdown to autolaunch?

Thank you

Hi. I'm on 10.12 Sierra and wants to update to 10.12.6.

I'm on Elitebook 2570p. I'm planning to use the 10.12.6 combo update.

What should I do to ensure a seamlessly update. I have a feeling I should do some git commands again after updating (before rebooting?).

System updates are covered in post #1.

I used this kext patch in Clover config.plist:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>ZB VGA port enable</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
AQUJAAAEAACHAQAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AwYKAAAIAACHAQAA
</data>
</dict>

This patch replaces the 0105 DP connector with an 0306 HDMI connector:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:probook.git rehabman$ echo -n AQUJAAAEAACHAQAA|base64 --decode|xxd
00000000: 0105 0900 0004 0000 8701 0000            ............
NUC6i7KYK:probook.git rehabman$ echo -n AwYKAAAIAACHAQAA|base64 --decode|xxd
00000000: 0306 0a00 0008 0000 8701 0000            ............

There is already a patch enabled in the repo that adds an 0306 HDMI connector, so I suppose you disabled that one?
Please attach complete "Problem reporting" data for verification of what you're actually doing.

Thanks a lot RehabMan

1. I've attached the reports. Hope it gathered data from the attached USB drive
As an add note in terminal while running that report data gathering this line appears several times
"Found non-key inside <dict> at line 518
Error Reading File: config.plist"

Your config.plist is corrupt.
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

Also, I thought you indicated there was an issue running the installer. But then you didn't attach any EFI/Clover from USB...

2. Please consider the last paragraph of post #960 as to how High Sierra works. I would add right click some of the dock apps and select from the last opened files barely works. Rich content web pages and scroll equals freeze screen less the mouse pointer that you can't do anything with apart from moving around

Things not expected to work correctly without a correct config.plist (corrupt config.plist is like no config.plist at all).

3. In Clover bootloader how can I activate that few seconds automatic countdown to autolaunch?

Select default boot target in SysPrefs->Startup Disk.
Fix config.plist.

Hi RehabMan,

Other than following your guidelines don't know what to do. I took either config_HD3000_1366x768.plist or config_6x60p.plist and rename them config.plist and overwrite in efi/clover Neither works. I did USB clover install by the book. What is wrong? Here they are attached laptop and usb clover folders. Please, maybe you could modify inside them and tell what files to copy on my side if you send them back

Thanks a lot

Hi RehabMan,

Other than following your guidelines don't know what to do. I took either config_HD3000_1366x768.plist or config_6x60p.plist and rename them config.plist and overwrite in efi/clover Neither works. I did USB clover install by the book. What is wrong? Here they are attached laptop and usb clover folders. Please, maybe you could modify inside them and tell what files to copy on my side if you send them back

Thanks a lot

Different config.plist is used for pre-install vs. post-install.
Your USB is using the wrong config.plist (cannot use post-install config.plist for installation).
Read the guide carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Different config.plist is used for pre-install vs. post-install.
Your USB is using the wrong config.plist (cannot use post-install config.plist for installation).
Read the guide carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
Thanks a lot

Could you emphasize this aspect in the guidelines with an edit, please? Installation, post installation, plists I'm lost Which of the two is better? config_HD3000_1366x768.plist or config_6x60p.plist? Which would be the right one for USB build? Where was I wrong? Did I overwrite config.plist after building the USB macOS drive with createinstallmedia?

Update
I think I got it. In post install you do that git Terminal thing and tools that creates usr/projects/probook.git/config
config_6x60p.plist is there. I used it in EFI/Clover preinstall instead of config_HD3000_1366x768.plist
will delete probook.git and start from scratch with pre install

Now that the USB installer is created can I change the config.plist and solve it or do I have to do a new USB clover reinstall?

Thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back