Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
DW1820A works fine on 10.11.6, but has problem on 10.12.6 and 10.13.2.
After verbose, before login UI, there is an Apple logo and a progress bar. If enable WLAN in BIOS, this progress bar is very slow or hanging. Even it can boot into desktop, menu bar cannot operate (if I click wi-fi icon, the pointer turns a color circle, and spin).
If I disable WLAN in BIOS, then boot into desktop, everything work.

DW1820A works fine on 10.11.6, but has problem on 10.12.6 and 10.13.2.
After verbose, before login UI, there is an Apple logo and a progress bar. If enable WLAN in BIOS, this progress bar is very slow or hanging. Even it can boot into desktop, menu bar cannot operate (if I click wi-fi icon, the pointer turns a color circle, and spin).
If I disable WLAN in BIOS, then boot into desktop, everything work.

Install BCM94352Z.

Last edited:
Are you using XCPM?

You can use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi but if you use it, you must install the "RC scripts" as well.
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi does not work if you omit the "RC scripts".
I did install scripts as well otherwise clover would not work with lastbootedvolume argument

WiFi not working: Please realize you must install compatible hardware. Most of these laptops do not come with supported WiFi cards. If you have installed a compatible WiFi card, test it on Windows before concluding there is a problem with OS X. Finally, make sure the device is powered on. There is button on your keyboard deck for WiFi radio power. The LED often does not reflect the true state of power to the device, so don't mash it like a maniac. Press it once, and wait for the networks to populate... it is not instant. If it doesn't work, press again, and again... wait for the networks. If it is not working, check antenna connections and test on Windows.
Does any real mac (even older model or new) have a wireless button (F12 or Fn + F12)?
When need to tape pin? Does any log or status to indicate WNIC pin must taped?

I still struggled for DW1820A. :(

Hi RehabMan

And thanks for all the previous advices

You said "You can install Sierra fresh, just as you might have done in the past"

I made an USB stick for 10.12 fresh install as you said
[GUIDE] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI
#1 Installing Clover to USB....>>>... Building the OS X installer
#2 Using the OS X Installer

It appears as an install option in the latest version of Clover bootloader as "Install from macOS installer" or something but after selecting that it goes onto a screen with apple logo and no progress bar and stays there. Let it 30 min or so
Why doesn't it install?

And a second thing. I quite like the snappiness of high sierra but it's kind of odd. I have APFS on SSD. You can tell the difference but it's laggy at first. When you click on some link it holds for a bit then it brings the page in a flash. The double click on a folder or something takes ages to open it A fast scroll within a partially loaded webpage can freeze whole screen less the mouse pointer The graphical glitches aren't so bothersome, but the lagginess is. Anyway, you can tell this version has potential. There's a beta 13.3.3 but for now Sierra rules

Thank you

Last edited:
Thank you a lot.
So no way to connect an external monitor, also not via Docking station and hdmi, right?

On a G3 Zbook, I have succeeded in getting the VGA port to work but not the HDMI. I had to replace framebuffer #1 / port #5 with framebuffer #4 / port #7.

Does any real mac (even older model or new) have a wireless button (F12 or Fn + F12)?

Not as far as I know.
Macs use software control only.

When need to tape pin? Does any log or status to indicate WNIC pin must taped?

When you can't get the device to turn on through other methods (eg. correct ACPI patching fails).

It appears as an install option in the latest version of Clover bootloader as "Install from macOS installer" or something but after selecting that it goes onto a screen with apple logo and no progress bar and stays there. Let it 30 min or so
Why doesn't it install?

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back