Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your internal display is working, there is no need to patch for the pixel clock limit ... because obviously, your computer is not affected by it.

But if you really think you need to patch for the pixel clock, use CoreDisplayFixup.kext.
I seems HiDPI (Retina) support not that good...:(

Attachments

• internal.png
    internal.png
    375.8 KB · Views: 156
  • external.png
    external.png
    413.5 KB · Views: 111
I seems HiDPI (Retina) support not that good...:(

Looks ok to me. What do you mean "not that good"? What are you expecting that is not happening?

Note: Your external monitor will need a display override to enable HiDPI modes.

Looks ok to me. What do you mean "not that good"? What are you expecting that is not happening?
Look the difference between the area below `Scaling Resolution' radio button: internal display was 5 icons, but external display was a list box.
But on my EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 was reverse behavior: internal display was a list box, external display was 5 icons. (The external display are the same one)

Note: Your external monitor will need a display override to enable HiDPI modes.
How to implement a display override? I already enable hidpi using:
Code:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true

Look the difference between the area below `Scaling Resolution' radio button: internal display was 5 icons, but external display was a list box.
But on my EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 was reverse behavior: internal display was a list box, external display was 5 icons. (The external display are the same one)

You probably need a display override for the external.
Maybe other EDID fiddling.
See here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/adding-using-hidpi-custom-resolutions.133254/

Probably you forgot to install "RC scripts".
nvram.plist is updated on system shutdown by the RC scripts.
If they are not there (or not working), the nvram.plist is not updated.

Look at nvram.plist on your EFI partition, and analyze your Clover bootlog.
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and all RC scripts are installed.

Previous nvram failed was caused that there is default boot entry variable in hardware nvram...(When install 10.12.6, the efi-boot-device was set to hardware nvram)

Just interesting if native nvram not works for Skylake, how the variable was set to hardware nvram...

After a fresh intallation, nvram was cleared.
Code:
0:770  0:000  EmuVariable UninstallEmulation: CloseEvent = Success, original var services restored
0:771  0:000  EmuVariable InstallEmulation: orig vars copied, emu.var.services installed, CreateEvent VirtualAddressChange = Success, CreateEvent ExitBootServices = Success, set Status=Success
0:850  0:079  === [ GetEfiBootDeviceFromNvram ] =========================
0:850  0:000  Default boot entry not found
0:850  0:000  EmuVariable UninstallEmulation: CloseEvent = Success, original var services restored

Hi Rehabman here are all the files you need I always get that message about kernel panic every time I boot

Attachments

• bits.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4530.JPG
    IMG_4530.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 117
Just interesting if native nvram not works for Skylake, how the variable was set to hardware nvram...

It is a "known mystery" that I have also noticed... and have not had the time to investigate.
I think it means that the problem with native NVRAM with nvram reads, not nvram writes.

For computers where native NVRAM does not work (eg. Skylake and later), it is important to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from the beginning (as per guide). Otherwise you run into this issue where native NVRAM has conflicting values.

Hi Rehabman here are all the files you need I always get that message about kernel panic every time I boot

But you're not actually getting a panic?
If so, it is an NVRAM problem. Check that your NVRAM configuration is correct.

It is likely all the computers in your signature work with native NVRAM.
Therefore, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi should NOT be present in drivers64UEFI.
Delete it and delete any nvram.plist on your EFI partition.

But you're not actually getting a panic?
If so, it is an NVRAM problem. Check that your NVRAM configuration is correct.

It is likely all the computers in your signature work with native NVRAM.
Therefore, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi should NOT be present in drivers64UEFI.
Delete it and delete any nvram.plist on your EFI partition.

You are a genius it worked now do I really need to have ssdt.aml with -c 3 ??
Or shall I try with out it and see what happens???
Thanks again i was getting crazy
PS :They only reason had EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is for iMessage to work otherwise it did not for me...

Last edited:
You are a genius it worked now do I really need to have ssdt.aml with -c 3 ??
Or shall I try with out it and see what happens???

Are you using XCPM?

PS :They only reason had EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is for iMessage to work otherwise it did not for me...

You can use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi but if you use it, you must install the "RC scripts" as well.
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi does not work if you omit the "RC scripts".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back