Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I may be on to something here...

Searching the Net, I came upon this page identifying the native Intel IDs supported by AppleHDA. It identifies the "7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (Panther Point)" as 8086:1E20, where this processor reports as 8086:2806. I'm thinking that if I can find where that definition is, I could patch it with the ID of this processor? Searching for this has proven fruitless...

LasVegas

I think I may be on to something here...

Searching the Net, I came upon this page identifying the native Intel IDs supported by AppleHDA. It identifies the "7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (Panther Point)" as 8086:1E20, where this processor reports as 8086:2806. I'm thinking that if I can find where that definition is, I could patch it with the ID of this processor? Searching for this has proven fruitless...

LasVegas

Your ioreg shows HDEF is 8086:1e20.
HDMI audio code is active on HDEF (look at the ioreg).

Connection between the framebuffer and audio capability is not being made, which is why you don't have HDMI audio.
Problem is likely a device specific/adapter problem.

Connection between the framebuffer and audio capability is not being made, which is why you don't have HDMI audio.
Problem is likely a device specific/adapter problem.

Perhaps then, Windows is ignoring the connection and activating it anyway if the DV port is in use? Is there a way to fool OSX into thinking the port is always active? It would break hot-plug switching (unless we could fake it only when HDMI is active), but it may save the day...

Las Vegas

Perhaps then, Windows is ignoring the connection and activating it anyway if the DV port is in use? Is there a way to fool OSX into thinking the port is always active? It would break hot-plug switching (unless we could fake it only when HDMI is active), but it may save the day...

Las Vegas

Windows has better support for a wider variety of devices and HDMI/DP versions.
Did you check your settings on the device yet? (as suggested several times)
Did you try with a different device? (as suggested at least once)

Windows has better support for a wider variety of devices and HDMI/DP versions.
Did you check your settings on the device yet? (as suggested several times)
Did you try with a different device? (as suggested at least once)
I don't know of a method of checking the audio settings on the stereo system. It is set to get the audio from the HDMI port it's getting the video information from. It gets the audio properly from anything else that is connected to it.

I don't know of a method of checking the audio settings on the stereo system. It is set to get the audio from the HDMI port it's getting the video information from. It gets the audio properly from anything else that is connected to it.

So you're not even directly connecting to the TV/monitor?
But the settings on your TV are still relevant (regarding HDMI version/other).

So you're not even directly connecting to the TV/monitor?
But the settings on your TV are still relevant (regarding HDMI version/other).
Yes. I have connected directly to the Sony TV with the Speakers on. Same results.

There are no settings for HDMI version/other on the TV, nor the Stereo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back