Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same result with High Sierra?
As I asked in `CLOVER LAPTOP GUIDE', I cannot download complete High Sierra installation app right now....Only get a 13MB installer...
After googling...I found other people also run into this problem...So I still to find a solution....
Code:
$ md5 /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/IOKit
MD5 (/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/IOKit) = f238e7c45a405e520f5852c89a81707b

Attachments

• hp_1030_g1.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
Do not use safe mode (the guide does not call for it).
Read note regarding BIOS version, BIOS settings, AMD status.
Also read main Clover laptop guide regarding "alternate DropTables" as it may be required.

Bios is up to date. Bios settings as told in the guide. For the disabling of my AMD card I'm having a bit of trouble.

I cannot disable the card in my bios. When I try the ACPI patching method, I find that there is no _OFF method related to my videocard. (They all say Power Resource)

Bios is up to date. Bios settings as told in the guide. For the disabling of my AMD card I'm having a bit of trouble.

I cannot disable the card in my bios. When I try the ACPI patching method, I find that there is no _OFF method related to my videocard. (They all say Power Resource)

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

As I asked in `CLOVER LAPTOP GUIDE', I cannot download complete High Sierra installation app right now....Only get a 13MB installer...
After googling...I found other people also run into this problem...So I still to find a solution....
Code:
$ md5 /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/IOKit
MD5 (/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/IOKit) = f238e7c45a405e520f5852c89a81707b

Why is kextcache.txt empty? Seems impossible, since no FakeSMC.kext in Clover/kexts and of course it is impossible to boot any hack without FakeSMC.kext.

Are you asking for the .dsl files? If not, the zip and screenshot are in my first post, post 719 in this topic.

Your preboot.log in post #719 shows no Intel HD4000 graphics device.
Your laptop seems to be AMD only.
It is not supported by this guide, as is clearly written in post #1:
The purpose of this guide is to provide a step-by-step guide to installing High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, or Yosemite on the ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook equipped with Intel graphics.

Hello fellow ProBook owners. I've got the AR5B195 which features BlueTooth 3.0. I've got iMessage and Cellular working beautifully and wondering if anyone else has this model installed with AirDrop working between iOS devices and ProBook 4530s. I just need a hard yes or no from someone with the exact same setup so I'm hoping someone from the community with this setup can chime in:) I've got the HP ProBook 4530s - 15.6" - Core i3 2350M - 8 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD and the Atheros AR5B195 Wifi+Bluetooth 3.0 card.

Let's check first if you followed the guide in post #1 correctly.
Please attach "problem reporting" files as per post #1 and FAQ.

Your preboot.log in post #719 shows no Intel HD4000 graphics device.
Your laptop seems to be AMD only.
It is not supported by this guide, as is clearly written in post #1:
I missed that. I thought that I had Intel HD4000 integrated with an extra AMD card. My bad. I will try some things myself and otherwise give that one up ;) Thanks for your help.

FYI:

The lid initiated sleep issue that affects various laptops covered by this guide should be fixed.
Update your VoodooPS2Controller.kext to the latest (1.8.29).
Easy way:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh

Excellent job, rehabman! Sleep now works perfectly. One additional question, the EDID black screen issue in 10.12+, is that something that can be solved by you by amending your GitHub sources (as in what you did with the lid sleep issue)? In other words, do you plan to tackle this issue on a large scale, or will it require individual users to make unique changes to their laptops via the thread you previously posted?

Excellent job, rehabman! Sleep now works perfectly.

FYI... background to troubleshooting this issue is here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hp-430-g4-close-lid-cannot-sleep.238826/

One additional question, the EDID black screen issue in 10.12+, is that something that can be solved by you by amending your GitHub sources (as in what you did with the lid sleep issue)? In other words, do you plan to tackle this issue on a large scale, or will it require individual users to make unique changes to their laptops via the thread you previously posted?

That particular solution may be able to be simplified, with scripts that (help) create EDID display override or with Clover features for modifying EDID, assuming EDID injection can work (vs. display override file). It will take me some time and a laptop that reproduces the problem. I hope to borrow a laptop that shows the problem eventually. For now, those with the issue can create their own EDID override.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back