Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is BIOS up-to-date?
Did you try EC reset?
Try alternate layout-id.
Test audio in Windows to be certain the hardware is working.

It is now.

Yes, I just completed an EC reset.

I keep seeing references for changing the layout-id, and from previous research I believe you said for this laptop we should try a layout-id of 5. I apologize in advance for this, but I can't seen to find a definitive guide for changing the layout ID. Can you please school me on the proper procedure?

I will boot to Ubuntu on USB and confirm the hardware is functional after I pick up my son from school.

I appreciate all of your help sir.

Josh

I keep seeing references for changing the layout-id, and from previous research I believe you said for this laptop we should try a layout-id of 5. I apologize in advance for this, but I can't seen to find a definitive guide for changing the layout ID. Can you please school me on the proper procedure?

Look at your model specific SSDT.
Search for layout-id.
From there, it is obvious.

Look at your model specific SSDT.
Search for layout-id.
From there, it is obvious.
Simply change 0x07 to 0x05?

Return (Package (0x08)
{
"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x07, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

Also, sound was confirmed working in Ubuntu.

Ok good. Just wanted to make sure I did not need to convert to decimal or something. I made that change and unfortunately the issue persists. I also loaded defaults in the BIOS and set them back per the guide. Shall I grab the problem reporting files again?

Is sleep working on High Sierra on your Elitebook G3 by closing the LID?

The couple of times I've tried it on High Sierra it was not working. It didn't work back on Sierra either, and I was hopeful that perhaps it would start to work after upgrading. I also am afflicted with the black screen after wake where the display is not active at all. I've back-burnered those issues until I get my sound figured out.

Ok good. Just wanted to make sure I did not need to convert to decimal or something. I made that change and unfortunately the issue persists. I also loaded defaults in the BIOS and set them back per the guide. Shall I grab the problem reporting files again?

No way to verify you actually changed the layout-id without problem reporting files.

The couple of times I've tried it on High Sierra it was not working. It didn't work back on Sierra either, and I was hopeful that perhaps it would start to work after upgrading. I also am afflicted with the black screen after wake where the display is not active at all. I've back-burnered those issues until I get my sound figured out.

For display/sleep issue, read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
  • ioreg.zip
    603.1 KB · Views: 64
  • RehabMan.zip
    64.9 KB · Views: 61
  • terminal_output.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 66
Please see attached. Thanks for the link, I'll get started on that as well.

The files show layout-id=5.
Did you do EC reset?

A bit of a mistake to install on APFS. You should try HFS+J.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back