Thank you for your work.

Attachments

• ACPI_origin.rar
    125.4 KB · Views: 53
  • HP EliteBook 1050 G1.rar
    3.4 KB · Views: 57
Unsupported laptops: HP EliteBook 1050 G1
Thank you for your work.

As written in the FAQ, files must be in ZIP format, not RAR.
(there is no RAR file reader provided by Apple, and I prefer not to install one).

You have no hardware details in your profile. Please fix as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And you may have i2c... there is a separate branch in the repo specifically for it.
Read post #1.

I updated my profile.

i change branch to i2c

cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git checkout i2c

then updated with this commands

git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh

touchpad don`t recognized and don`t work

I updated my profile.

i change branch to i2c

git checkout i2c

then updated with this commands

git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh

touchpad don`t recognized and don`t work

According to what you write above, you neglected to update config.plist and neglected to install ACPI files.

@RehabMan, thx for keeping the guide up to date and all the hard work that you've put in to it! :)
I'm going to install 10.13.5 on my new probook 450 g5, but I have a few questions before running through the guide:

1. What SMBIOS are you guys using/recommending for KabyLake-R? I've prepared SMBIOS using MBP14:2 data, since I thought it was the closest KabyLake model, but upon reviewing the 4x0g5 config, I saw that it's using MBP11. Is there a particular reason for this choice? Should I stick with that (MBP11:x) system def, or is there another model that would work better for this system/hardware? Would I be OK using the MBP14:2 SMBIOS data that I've already prepared?

2. Since the 8250 (or any 8 series CPU AFAIK) isn't currently used in any real macs, should I spoof it with another CPU, (perhaps a 7th gen)? I think I saw something about this in the 4x0g5 config.plist as well, but the key had a "#" in front so not sure if it was still being used/active in the config.plist.

3. Finally, I'm using a 250gb Samsung 850 evo m.2 on this laptop. Since you've pointed out the issues between APFS and trim and all the issues it causes on 10.13, I'm wondering if it applies to all ssd, or only certain ones? That way I can just perform and HFS+J install and avoid the APFS headaches altogether :)

THX for any input/assistance you guys may be able to provide.

Last edited:
As written in the FAQ, files must be in ZIP format, not RAR.
(there is no RAR file reader provided by Apple, and I prefer not to install one).
All right!
Unsupported laptops: HP EliteBook 1050 G1
Thank you for your work.

Attachments

• ACPI_origin.zip
    139.7 KB · Views: 61
  • HP EliteBook 1050 G1.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 66
Use 'make' in Terminal.
Make sure you set Preferences->Location->Derived Data Advanced->Build Location->Custom->"Relative to Workspace".

Please test BIOS update/CMOS reset (obviously with original kext, or by verifying ps2 logs your EC is generating 01 instead of e0 01).

BIOS update + EC reset didn't work, but a CMOS reset did :) Now getting 1=35 upon escape key press.

Back to the public release version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

Thanks for your help.

@RehabMan, thx for keeping the guide up to date and all the hard work that you've put in to it! :)
I'm going to install 10.13.5 on my new probook 450 g5, but I have a few questions before running through the guide:

1. What SMBIOS are you guys using/recommending for KabyLake-R? I've prepared SMBIOS using MBP14:2 data, since I thought it was the closest KabyLake model, but upon reviewing the 4x0g5 config, I saw that it's using MBP11. Is there a particular reason for this choice? Should I stick with that (MBP11:x) system def, or is there another model that would work better for this system/hardware? Would I be OK using the MBP14:2 SMBIOS data that I've already prepared?

2. Since the 8250 (or any 8 series CPU AFAIK) isn't currently used in any real macs, should I spoof it with another CPU, (perhaps a 7th gen)? I think I saw something about this in the 4x0g5 config.plist as well, but the key had a "#" in front so not sure if it was still being used/active in the config.plist.

3. Finally, I'm using a 250gb Samsung 850 evo m.2 on this laptop. Since you've pointed out the issues between APFS and trim and all the issues it causes on 10.13, I'm wondering if it applies to all ssd, or only certain ones? That way I can just perform and HFS+J install and avoid the APFS headaches altogether :)

THX for any input/assistance you guys may be able to provide.

Your choice MacBookPro14,1 or MacBookPro11,1 (depends on whether you want HWP or not).

No need to spoof KabyLake-R... it is supported natively in the kernel.

Most non-Apple SSDs seem to cause problems if TRIM is enabled with APFS. But there might be some that work ok. You can find out by trial/error.

BIOS update + EC reset didn't work, but a CMOS reset did :) Now getting 1=35 upon escape key press.

Back to the public release version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

Thanks for your help.

Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back