Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just as surprised as you. I did do a fresh install. I removed the EmuVariableUefi.
I did get a random nvme kernel panic. (Yes, I am using an unsupported Intel NVMe SSD, reinstalled to HFS+J instead of APFS though). I'll try out the guide you linked, thanks!

Do not use Intel NVMe. Install Samsung NVMe or SATA SSD.

Hi RehabMan!

I'm using elitebook 2570p and I'm still on Sierra 10.12.0. I've been wanting to upgrade to 10.12.6 or even later (Xcode 9.1 requires at least 10.12.1) but I'm so afraid to download and install the the combo update(s) for fear of messing my currently working install. Is it safe to upgrade to 10.12.6 from 10.12? I hope 2570p users could chime in too. TIA

Hi RehabMan!

I'm using elitebook 2570p and I'm still on Sierra 10.12.0. I've been wanting to upgrade to 10.12.6 or even later (Xcode 9.1 requires at least 10.12.1) but I'm so afraid to download and install the the combo update(s) for fear of messing my currently working install. Is it safe to upgrade to 10.12.6 from 10.12? I hope 2570p users could chime in too. TIA

It should work, provided you follow the guide.

Thank you very much for replying.

I'll be downloading 10.12.6 combo update and will be installing tomorrow. I've used probook installer and have not made any tweaks on it iirc, so basically this running installation is an untouched elitebook installation since day one.

I'll just have to follow the guide and I could ignore the reported issues in here, right? I'm sorry for asking twice, I'ts just that I don't have a spare HD to do a clone/backup before I make the jump tomorrow. Thanks

I will read again post #1. I built this elitebook based on your guide on the opening post, console log says I did it November 29, 2017 (based on var/log/install.log age). It has been a while. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Last edited:
I will read again post #1. I built this elitebook using your guide on the opening post November 29, 2017 (based on var/log/install.log age). It has been a while.

You must make sure you're using up-to-date content as per current github content, current Clover, current kexts, etc.

This is just a minor issue on my hackintosh, but for some reason, Siri and dictation are having issues hearing me because the recording level is set too high, even if I turn it all the way down in System Preferences. Is there something that I can do to turn down the recording volume of my internal mic?

Attachments

• debug_31253.zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Hi Rehabman.

Im following *Updates to Install* portion of post #1, and I encountered this on the terminal. Should I continue with the rest of the terminal commands or should I need to do something before I move on?

Here's my terminal output:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
onofres-MacBook-Pro:~ ono$ cd ~/Projects/probook.git/
onofres-MacBook-Pro:probook.git ono$ git stash
No local changes to save
onofres-MacBook-Pro:probook.git ono$ git pull
Your configuration specifies to merge with the ref 'refs/heads/beta'
from the remote, but no such ref was fetched.
onofres-MacBook-Pro:probook.git ono$

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back