Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
SATA SSDs preferred over NVMe. For example, even if you get your NVMe to work, for some reason we don't have NVMe power management, so the device tends to get hot and use extra power.
Thanks for the details! what if we use NVMe as a non-boot drive, e.g. in my setup I have a SATA SSD as a OSX boot drive and the intel NVMe as Win10 boot drive. accessing the win10 NVMe from OSX sometimes (read only). does this setup matter with regard to power managment while booting into OSX (and having the win10 NVMe accessible from OSX)? or would you suggest disabling the win10 NVMe in OSX, in order to have (complete?) power managment and save battery time in OSX? Thanks!

what if we use NVMe as a non-boot drive, e.g. in my setup I have a SATA SSD as a OSX boot drive and the intel NVMe as Win10 boot drive.

The Windows NVMe device will still be active even though not used by macOS and therefore will still be consuming power/generating heat.

Hello. Have an issue - when i'm starting system, i see a rainbow squares on login. Somtimes it hides after login, sometimes no. Also the minor issue is that avi files, on any player (elmeida, vlc, etc.) works only for 20-40 minutes. After it - player crashes or even system need to get "hard reset". What's the trick? Debug files added

Attachments

• debug_196.zip
    710.5 KB · Views: 97
is there a way to decrease the sensitivity of the trackpad (or enable palm rejection in some way)

is there a way to decrease the sensitivity of the trackpad (or enable palm rejection in some way)

Basic palm reject is already in the kext and enabled by default (you should see "PalmNoAction When Typing"=1 in ioreg). There used to be an option in SysPrefs to turn it on/off (was default disabled) but with current macOS, it is always enabled.

If you're a mouse user, you should make sure to set "Ignore builtin trackpad... when USB mouse"... in SysPrefs->Accessibility. It will completely disable the trackpad when you have a mouse plugged in.

Hello. Have an issue - when i'm starting system, i see a rainbow squares on login. Somtimes it hides after login, sometimes no. Also the minor issue is that avi files, on any player (elmeida, vlc, etc.) works only for 20-40 minutes. After it - player crashes or even system need to get "hard reset". What's the trick? Debug files added

EFI/Clover is missing from your PR files.
Please read FAQ, "problem reporting" carefully.

Basic palm reject is already in the kext and enabled by default (you should see "PalmNoAction When Typing"=1 in ioreg). There used to be an option in SysPrefs to turn it on/off (was default disabled) but with current macOS, it is always enabled.

If you're a mouse user, you should make sure to set "Ignore builtin trackpad... when USB mouse"... in SysPrefs->Accessibility. It will completely disable the trackpad when you have a mouse plugged in.

What about decrease the sensitivity, I found the trackpad overly sensitive?

EFI/Clover is missing from your PR files.
Please read FAQ, "problem reporting" carefully.
Clover added. Verbose comes really fast, can't take a photo

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 192
  • debug_196.zip
    710.5 KB · Views: 186
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back