Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP Folio 9480m user here, would like to report a few bugs on High Sierra (running on APFS):
Sound won't work no matter what (have done no cache + rebuild kextcache, pre-patch hda script won't run on APFS). A quick look into System Information > Audio shows no Device at all, not even Intel HDA device
Upon restarting, it triggers a kernel panic (rare). Will check if it happens again
Upon restarting/shutdown, the power led will blink red/white rapidly then turn off even with power adapter plugged in. On the next boot into macOS High Sierra, battery icon disappears.
Boot time sometimes is slower than usual (APFS optimization it seems)

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 78
Good morning.

My Probook 6570b is running like charme since months based on this method. Provided 6460 and 4340s to friends ans family which are running even for noobs without any problem.

I am thinking about updating to Sierra as my daily user is an Desktop Hacki. Is it now relative save to upgrade to Sierra based on this method here? Or are there still really critical bugs and essential things which do not work? I read a lot in the Sierra Thread but not sure about the conclusion. And try and error is not possible due too lack of time right now :)

Many thanks.
Yours Blocky

hello friend
first i want to thank @RehabMan for this amazing package
and next i have problem
i installed mac os on my elitebook 8470p and everything works fine one month earlier
yesterday i changed my ssd and didd a fresh install of mac 10.12.6 ,everything working well except IDT sound card
appleHDA kext installed and i rebuid cache in the way that told in article but i have still no sound
i updated to high sierra and everything fine except sound too
can anyone help me

hello friend
first i want to thank @RehabMan for this amazing package
and next i have problem
i installed mac os on my elitebook 8470p and everything works fine one month earlier
yesterday i changed my ssd and didd a fresh install of mac 10.12.6 ,everything working well except IDT sound card
appleHDA kext installed and i rebuid cache in the way that told in article but i have still no sound
i updated to high sierra and everything fine except sound too
can anyone help me
Thanks everyone i removed project folder and do any thing from first and i am using MAC OS High Sierra on my HP 8470p Like Charm!!!!!!
God Bless You

Apart from the mount EFI script not supporting APFS (I am not using the beta branch), up and running High Sierra fine on my 4540S!

Love this laptop, so versatile.

HP Folio 9480m user here, would like to report a few bugs on High Sierra (running on APFS):
Sound won't work no matter what (have done no cache + rebuild kextcache, pre-patch hda script won't run on APFS). A quick look into System Information > Audio shows no Device at all, not even Intel HDA device
Upon restarting, it triggers a kernel panic (rare). Will check if it happens again
Upon restarting/shutdown, the power led will blink red/white rapidly then turn off even with power adapter plugged in. On the next boot into macOS High Sierra, battery icon disappears.
Boot time sometimes is slower than usual (APFS optimization it seems)

You failed to update the config.plist.
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".
Make sure you're using the beta branch. High Sierra support not merged into master (yet).

On APFS, disable TRIM patch (APFS seems much more picky about TRIM/SSD compatibility).

Good morning.

My Probook 6570b is running like charme since months based on this method. Provided 6460 and 4340s to friends ans family which are running even for noobs without any problem.

I am thinking about updating to Sierra as my daily user is an Desktop Hacki. Is it now relative save to upgrade to Sierra based on this method here? Or are there still really critical bugs and essential things which do not work? I read a lot in the Sierra Thread but not sure about the conclusion. And try and error is not possible due too lack of time right now :)

Many thanks.
Yours Blocky

Support for Sierra has been in for quite some time.
I have updated both my 4540s and 4530s to High Sierra (yesterday).

Apart from the mount EFI script not supporting APFS (I am not using the beta branch), up and running High Sierra fine on my 4540S!

Love this laptop, so versatile.

High Sierra users should use the beta branch (until I merge beta into master, which will be relatively soon).

Sorry I meant I'm not using the beta branch version of the EFI mounting script, not that I'm not using the beta branch at all.

Sorry I meant I'm not using the beta branch version of the EFI mounting script, not that I'm not using the beta branch at all.

The beta mount_efi.sh comes automatically when you update to the beta branch of the Probook repo.
Do not confuse beta branch of ssdtPRgen.sh with beta branch of ProBook github.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back