Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI:

Merged beta into master.
Moved guide to 10.13 laptop guides forum.

Post #1 links to it.

Hello
Can I install MacOS High Sierra on my HP Probook 450 G1?

Intel Core i5 (4th Gen) 4200M
Intel HD Graphics 4600
AMD Radeon 8750M

I have another question now.
Can I directly update from Sierra or El Capitan without making a bootable usb?

I did a fresh install of high Sierra and I installed kexts, acpi patch, config.plist, ... using beta branches(probook and ssdtPRGen beta repos). now every thing works fine except the battery. there is no battery status at the menu bar and energy saver settings says that current battery charge is 0% although charger is plugged in and battery is fully charged. also show battery status in menu bar option in energy saver settings shows the battery status in menu bar for half a sec and the battery status disappears.
worth mentioning that every thing was fine when I was using Sierra. what did I do wrong?
(HP 4540s, core i5-3210m)

I did a fresh install of high Sierra and I installed kexts, acpi patch, config.plist, ... using beta branches(probook and ssdtPRGen beta repos). now every thing works fine except the battery. there is no battery status at the menu bar and energy saver settings says that current battery charge is 0% although charger is plugged in and battery is fully charged. also show battery status in menu bar option in energy saver settings shows the battery status in menu bar for half a sec and the battery status disappears.
worth mentioning that every thing was fine when I was using Sierra. what did I do wrong?
(HP 4540s, core i5-3210m)

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

FYI: Questions regarding Sierra or High Sierra should happen in the guide thread for their respective versions.

This thread should be now reserved for El Capitan and earlier.

You failed to update the config.plist.
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".
Make sure you're using the beta branch. High Sierra support not merged into master (yet).

On APFS, disable TRIM patch (APFS seems much more picky about TRIM/SSD compatibility).
After seeing the changes on the beta merged into master, I updated everything and it went smoothly, turned out the xml to zml patch wasn't applied to 10.13.x after a quick inspection. Thanks Mr Rehabman
About TRIM on APFS, are you suggesting we use Apple's built-in trimforce solution ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back