Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check BIOS settings.
You should have XHCI mode set to auto or smart auto.
(xHCI mode "enabled" would require a different setup).

i have option to on / off (tick or not tick)
is : [] USB 3.0 (XHCI)

i test whit or without , without no usb controller is detected (in system report), with option "on" only 1 device detect ( i mean internal usb hub)

Sounds like a crash on sleep. Probably ACPI related...

yes i think that... not big deal... but how i try to fix ? , is there a guide to learn more low level fixs? (ACPI related)

ps: sorry for my english :banghead:

i have option to on / off (tick or not tick)
is : [] USB 3.0 (XHCI)

i test whit or without , without no usb controller is detected (in system report), with option "on" only 1 device detect ( i mean internal usb hub)

You need to attach complete "Problem Reporting" files. Your last set lacked EFI/CLOVER.

Great,... that means no issue with latest Clover.

There is something I've been experiencing, and I know this question is out of context, but my laptop runs smooth with Mac OS. A friend of mine told me a long time ago that hackintosh PCs works faster than a real mac with the same configuration.

I installed Windows 8 the original installation on my laptop, because I was planing to upgrade with the same laptop model, but i5 at 2.6Ghz and sell this one to a person I know, but it was so slow that I decided to keep it and avoid any inconvenient or receive it back due to that.

What's your experience using hackingtosh vs a real Mac? talking about performance.

Thanks!

There is something I've been experiencing, and I know this question is out of context, but my laptop runs smooth with Mac OS. A friend of mine told me a long time ago that hackintosh PCs works faster than a real mac with the same configuration.

I installed Windows 8 the original installation on my laptop, because I was planing to upgrade with the same laptop model, but i5 at 2.6Ghz and sell this one to a person I know, but it was so slow that I decided to keep it and avoid any inconvenient or receive it back due to that.

What's your experience using hackingtosh vs a real Mac? talking about performance.

Thanks!

I have no Macs with exactly the same hardware as my hacks, so impossible to compare.
It would always be apples vs. oranges (pun intended).

You need to attach complete "Problem Reporting" files. Your last set lacked EFI/CLOVER.
i fix with remove FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext , and switch on USB 3.0 (XHCI) in BIOS

thanks a lot , now i have 9480m 99% work (except pci card reader nothing to do, and weird no wake after LID sleep)

i fix with remove FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext , and switch on USB 3.0 (XHCI) in BIOS

Yes, I realize that will fix, but we need to understand why that is necessary.
FakePCIID_XHCIMux should be disabled (by RM,pr2-force setting to 0x3FF), but some of the injects (on XHC via _DSM) are not being executed.
Please attach complete "Problem Reporting" files.

Edit:
I think I see the problem.
The issue was that when the USB customization was added, we decided to disable EH01 and EH02 was already disabled. That customization was probably done when the repo used separate files instead of the single model specific SSDT. You can make certain mistakes with separate SSDTs that you can't make with combined SSDTs, and that was the case here. The code was still including SSDT-EH01.asl and SSDT-EH02.asl even though neither were present in ACPI. Since SSDT-XHC.asl and SSDT-BATT* code appeared after, such code was ignored due to the EH01/EH02 errors prior.

I have checked in some changes that fix your specific model, along with reminders for other models when USB customization is done, to make sure to remove EH01/EH02 if we decide to disable them (or they never existed in the first place).

Please test. You should be able to add FakePCIID_XHCIMux back (just run install_downloads.sh). It is there, but now should be properly disabled now that the XHC injections (including RM,pr2-force) will be happening.

Note: I'm surprised your battery status is working, given that SSDT-BATT comes after the EH01/EH02 mistake...

Last edited:
Yes, I realize that will fix, but we need to understand why that is necessary.
FakePCIID_XHCIMux should be disabled (by RM,pr2-force setting to 0x3FF), but some of the injects (on XHC via _DSM) are not being executed.
Please attach complete "Problem Reporting" files.

Edit:
I think I see the problem.
The issue was that when the USB customization was added, we decided to disable EH01 and EH02 was already disabled. That customization was probably done when the repo used separate files instead of the single model specific SSDT. You can make certain mistakes with separate SSDTs that you can't make with combined SSDTs, and that was the case here. The code was still including SSDT-EH01.asl and SSDT-EH02.asl even though neither were present in ACPI. Since SSDT-XHC.asl and SSDT-BATT* code appeared after, such code was ignored due to the EH01/EH02 errors prior.

I have checked in some changes that fix your specific model, along with reminders for other models when USB customization is done, to make sure to remove EH01/EH02 if we decide to disable them (or they never existed in the first place).

Please test. You should be able to add FakePCIID_XHCIMux back (just run install_downloads.sh). It is there, but now should be properly disabled now that the XHC injections (including RM,pr2-force) will be happening.

Note: I'm surprised your battery status is working, given that SSDT-BATT comes after the EH01/EH02 mistake...

sorry for the delay, I attach the files now

so, update repo and ./install_downloads.sh?

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    2 MB · Views: 72
sorry for the delay, I attach the files now

Try with current repo code (and read my "Edit:" that you quoted).
I think problem is solved with my changes.

After you update to current repo (including running install_downloads.sh), provide "Problem Reporting" data.

i update repo , and ./install_download again... no usb after reboot

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    2 MB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back