Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EFI/CLOVER it's the same as i first posted when had no audio

Not really. Part of the instructions were to make changes to the SSDT (regarding pinconfigs for CodecCommander).
You will need to actually attach the requested files.
I don't know why people resist providing the files.

Unless you're no longer trying to solve the KP in AppleACPIPlatform.kext?

after powering down, (not reboot), kernel panic is up again... and if i power up with the config from installer it boots up just (but no wi fi no sound just like prior hotpatching)

Keep in mind that using the installer config.plist with hotpatch ACPI/patched content is not valid.
To use the installer config.plist, you must have no files in ACPI/patched.
Using the installer config.plist is only valid with the USB EFI/Clover setup.

Not really. Part of the instructions were to make changes to the SSDT (regarding pinconfigs for CodecCommander).
You will need to actually attach the requested files.
I don't know why people resist providing the files.

ok . will provide
i'm not at my pc

did not change SSDT ... you said "optional".
Keep in mind that using the installer config.plist with hotpatch ACPI/patched content is not valid.
To use the installer config.plist, you must have no files in ACPI/patched.

i mean that i powerd down the pc . removed the installer HDD (usb), and booted from internal EFI and got kernel panic.

using the installer (booting from usb HDD choosing the Mac) was the only way that i could boot .

SSDT-8x0-G2-Broadwell it opens with MaciASL .. can I edit it with this program ? # "CodecCommanderProbeInit" in line X

is this the way to comment the line # "CodecCommanderProbeInit" , with MaciASL?

is this the way to comment the line # "CodecCommanderProbeInit" , with MaciASL?

No. Change: "CodecCommanderProbeInit" to "#CodecCommanderProbeInit".

ok . will provide
i'm not at my pc

did not change SSDT ... you said "optional".

i mean that i powerd down the pc . removed the installer HDD (usb), and booted from internal EFI and got kernel panic.

using the installer (booting from usb HDD choosing the Mac) was the only way that i could boot .

When you patch AppleHDA.kext, make sure first that vanilla AppleHDA.kext is in /S/L/E.
You will need to run the installer since my scripts do not make a copy of it.
Or if you only had used the hotpatch before, you can remove all the *.zml.zlib files from AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources.
And don't forget to disable the xml/zml patch. In fact, it must be disabled prior to running patch_hda.sh!

You will need to run the installer since my scripts do not make a copy of it.

what installer? - reinstall OS X for original AppleHDA.kext? - if so i have the original AppleHDA.kext from this site

Or if you only had used the hotpatch before, you can remove all the *.zml.zlib files from AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources.

i did not removed the files *.zml.zlib from vanilla AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E . AppleHDA.kext was only hotpatched.

don't forget to disable the xml/zml patch. In fact, it must be disabled prior to running patch_hda.sh!

i did disabled this but only after ./patch_hda.sh ProBook.

But why i did manage to boot from internal EFI with the above settings and the after power down got the KP back?

that is what i used but at clover boot screen i choosed boot OS X from Mac(witch is the volume on the internal SSD - where the OS X is installed).

and after it booted i managed to reinstall patched AppleHDA.kext with Kext Wizard, then rebuilt permissions, cleared caches, rebooted , an i could boot from internal EFI with disabled xml from config.plist but had not deleted *xml from AppleHDA.kext.

Last edited:
what installer?

The macOS or OS X installer (that matches the version you have installed).

if so i have the original AppleHDA.kext from this site

No idea what you mean. AppleHDA.kext is specific to version.

i did not removed the files *.zml.zlib from vanilla AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E . AppleHDA.kext was only hotpatched.

Assuming no other changes to AppleHDA, if you remove those files, you will be left with vanilla AppleHDA.kext.

i did disabled this but only after ./patch_hda.sh ProBook.

Wrong. Must be disabled prior to patch_hda.sh. Otherwise, patch_hda.sh applies the xml/zml patch (which is not applicable to fully patched AppleHDA).

But why i did manage to boot from internal EFI with the above settings and the after power down got the KP back?

No idea (adequate information not provided).
So far, it appears a few mistakes have been made.

No idea what you mean. AppleHDA.kext is specific to version

this one
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unpatched-original-applehda-kext-sierra-10-12.202563/

and if it is not good i have to reinstall os x? right now i have the updated 10126 / the installer is 10.12.2

Assuming no other changes to AppleHDA, if you remove those files, you will be left with vanilla AppleHDA.kext.

so that is a vanilla

Wrong. Must be disabled prior to patch_hda.sh. Otherwise, patch_hda.sh applies the xml/zml patch (which is not applicable to fully patched AppleHDA).

was not instructed like this yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back