Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to change SSDT-IGPU.aml.

screen-shot-2017-07-22-at-16-22-45-png.267971

Look like KBL driver work but when try to connect HDMI monitor I got crash

screen-shot-2017-07-22-at-16-23-22-png.267972

screen-shot-2017-07-22-at-16-24-48-png.267973

What changes must be done to get HDMI work?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 71
  • IOReg.zip
    669.7 KB · Views: 73
  • outputs.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 99
  • RegabMan.zip
    67.1 KB · Views: 72
Your ioreg shows an external device connected at AppleIntelframebuffer@1.
What crash?

Yes i wrote later:
Solve my problem using 0x59160000
I see in properties that Display laptop connceted to DisplayPort
Is this ok?

Yes i wrote later:
Solve my problem using 0x59160000
I see in properties that Display laptop connceted to DisplayPort
Is this ok?

Your ioreg shows internal display connector-type <02 00 00 00> which is LVDS.

Windows bootloader:copy old EFI directory Microsoft Folder to new EFi directory,
That'll do it.

Read post #1.

Thank you both.

I managed to migrate from PBI-CE to this guide using the Clover hotpatch.

Just one question, I saw a member that if I remember saying that he updated the OS X to macOS Sierra, just removing the FakeCPUID, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is it possible to update to Sierra, cuz I couldn't find a Guide in the Sierra section.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
You claimed you could not boot. Expected verbose boot photo and EFI/Clover.
Instead you provided ioreg, which implies you can boot.

Yes, I recovered from recovery partition and now my machine works, and hided 2017-003 update.
Now I tried to apply the update again, but I cannot see "show hided update" in my menu, so difficult to apply it again...

My situation is very similar to the thread as follows;
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/security-update-2017-003-el-capitan.227583/

I guess it was caused by clover and its plug-ins.

Sorry...I could not reproduce the issue again.

Thank you both.

I managed to migrate from PBI-CE to this guide using the Clover hotpatch.

Just one question, I saw a member that if I remember saying that he updated the OS X to macOS Sierra, just removing the FakeCPUID, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is it possible to update to Sierra, cuz I couldn't find a Guide in the Sierra section.

Thanks in advance.

It is recommended that you back up the EFI file, then delete or rename the existing EFI folder, install Cloverefibootloader, and then follow the Rehabman method to first ACPI patching, update the EFI file, and then upgrade the system, because some of the kext files in 10.12 need to be updated to use. As for the deletion of fakecpuid, I do not think it is necessary to take this step, in accordance with the Rehabman method, can be upgraded, do not worry about what problems.

It is recommended that you back up the EFI file, then delete or rename the existing EFI folder, install Cloverefibootloader, and then follow the Rehabman method to first ACPI patching, update the EFI file, and then upgrade the system, because some of the kext files in 10.12 need to be updated to use. As for the deletion of fakecpuid, I do not think it is necessary to take this step, in accordance with the Rehabman method, can be upgraded, do not worry about what problems.
I've already followed the guide, inatalled cloverefibootloader, successfuly patched ACPI, cuz im on OS X El Capitan, my question was, is it ok to update to macOS Sierra now?

But thanks for the help @y010204025, you really helped me out on this one, I will try to update to Sierra anyway, I have backup of everything now, i wont know what will happen if I dont try .

Regards

I've already followed the guide, inatalled cloverefibootloader, successfuly patched ACPI, cuz im on OS X El Capitan, my question was, is it ok to update to macOS Sierra now?

But thanks for the help @y010204025, you really helped me out on this one, I will try to update to Sierra anyway, I have backup of everything now, i wont know what will happen if I dont try .

Regards
It is important to do a backup, I tried to upgrade directly from EIcaption sierra no problem, provided that you do the ACPI patch in the current system is running normally, I wish you success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back