Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you both.

I managed to migrate from PBI-CE to this guide using the Clover hotpatch.

Just one question, I saw a member that if I remember saying that he updated the OS X to macOS Sierra, just removing the FakeCPUID, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is it possible to update to Sierra, cuz I couldn't find a Guide in the Sierra section.

Thanks in advance.

Your hardware does not use FakeCPUID.

No need to pursue further then.
RehabMan, the problem he was experiencing is something quite a few of us experienced recently with the 2017-003 security update. We have tried multiple things, but we are out of options at this point. Here's another thread where we've discussed the issue:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/security-update-2017-003-el-capitan.227583/

Most of the discussion revolves around just reverting to an older version of El Capitan before the security update.

RehabMan, the problem he was experiencing is something quite a few of us experienced recently with the 2017-003 security update. We have tried multiple things, but we are out of options at this point. Here's another thread where we've discussed the issue:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/security-update-2017-003-el-capitan.227583/

Most of the discussion revolves around just reverting to an older version of El Capitan before the security update.

No idea without "Problem Reporting" data.

No idea without "Problem Reporting" data.
Well, I can boot now (since I rolled back) but none of us can boot with the 2017-003 update applied.

See attached photo (from another user). Some users hang on this screen (like me) and others have their machine go into an infinite boot loop. So far I've tried using both OsxAptioFixDrv files as well as different CsrActiveConfig values without any luck. Rolling back to an install before the security update solves the issue. I'm guessing that for some reason the kernel is not getting properly loaded on our machines.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
  • EFI.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
Your hardware does not use FakeCPUID.
I'm stuck at this.. just white screen after the reboot for finishing the install.

I will appreciate for a suggestion.

Regards

Attachments

• 1500834072992-1095704067.jpg
    1500834072992-1095704067.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 88
Follow the instruction, I finished install El Capitan for EliteBook 8560w. Everything looks good, but it has been stuck at Apple logo at 75% loading

You should update then try native KBL support in 10.12.6.
Updated ,what do I need to do in order to run native KBL support ?? thank you

Well, I can boot now (since I rolled back) but none of us can boot with the 2017-003 update applied.

See attached photo (from another user). Some users hang on this screen (like me) and others have their machine go into an infinite boot loop. So far I've tried using both OsxAptioFixDrv files as well as different CsrActiveConfig values without any luck. Rolling back to an install before the security update solves the issue. I'm guessing that for some reason the kernel is not getting properly loaded on our machines.

Your Clover revision is relatively old.
No real possibility for any analysis/suggestions if you can't currently reproduce the problem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back