Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman,

Thank you for your great work to provide the hotpatch. I'm really enjoying it.
I just updated the latest security update 2017-003 to my HP Elitebook 820, 10.11.6, clover 4006, with your hot patch. After the installation, I could not boot my PC any more. The recovery works, so reinstalled OS X and hide the update2017-003 now.

Do you expect the reason of this issue?
I just updated clover to the latest one, 4065, but not tested.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I have a Hackintosh with the old guide, is it possible to update to this hotpatch, or do I need to start a fresh install?

Thanks in advacne.

I have a Hackintosh with the old guide, is it possible to update to this hotpatch, or do I need to start a fresh install?

Thanks in advacne.
Hey,Updates to the patch repositories:
From time to time, updates may become available to the project repository. In the event of such updates, you may want to update your copies, and re-patch DSDT/SSDT with the updates.
In Terminal:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh
This RehabMan topic offer.

Hey,Updates to the patch repositories:
From time to time, updates may become available to the project repository. In the event of such updates, you may want to update your copies, and re-patch DSDT/SSDT with the updates.
In Terminal:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh
This RehabMan topic offer.
Dear @y010204025, I understand that, but my current install is from @nguyenmac
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ebook-probook-others-with-clover-uefi.168236/

And there is not such thing as git project, so my question was do I need to fresh install from the start, or there is a way to update it from his guide to @RehabMan 's hotpatch guide.

Regards

Dear @y010204025, I understand that, but my current install is from @nguyenmac
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ebook-probook-others-with-clover-uefi.168236/

And there is not such thing as git project, so my question was do I need to fresh install from the start, or there is a way to update it from his guide to @RehabMan 's hotpatch guide.

Regards

In topic:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ebook-probook-others-with-clover-uefi.168236/,To transition from PBI-CE based install,This @nguyenmac update note.

If you used the ProBook Installer-Clover Edition (PBI-CE), you can transition to this hotpatch setup:

- remove all files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched except for SSDT.aml (it came from ssdtPRGen.sh)
- then follow all instructions for post-install in the guide (ACPI/patched, config.plist)
- you can skip the part about "Power Management" unless you accidentally deleted SSDT.aml
- ./downloads.sh and ./install_downloads.sh can be used to update your kexts

In topic:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ebook-probook-others-with-clover-uefi.168236/,To transition from PBI-CE based install,This @nguyenmac update note.

If you used the ProBook Installer-Clover Edition (PBI-CE), you can transition to this hotpatch setup:

- remove all files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched except for SSDT.aml (it came from ssdtPRGen.sh)
- then follow all instructions for post-install in the guide (ACPI/patched, config.plist)
- you can skip the part about "Power Management" unless you accidentally deleted SSDT.aml
- ./downloads.sh and ./install_downloads.sh can be used to update your kexts
Thank you @y010204025, will try it...

Thank you @y010204025, will try it...
I recommend that you back up the original EFI file, then delete the existing EFI, download Cloerefibootloader, install to the EFI partition, and then follow the Rehabman post operation. Note that installing developer tools is necessary, if it is MacOS10.12 and above, you need to enable unknown software sources (in terminal execution: sudo spctl--master-disable), I wish you success.
My English is very poor, Thanks to Microsoft translation Help.

I recommend that you back up the original EFI file, then delete the existing EFI, download Cloerefibootloader, install to the EFI partition, and then follow the Rehabman post operation. Note that installing developer tools is necessary, if it is MacOS10.12 and above, you need to enable unknown software sources (in terminal execution: sudo spctl--master-disable), I wish you success.
My English is very poor, Thanks to Microsoft translation Help.
Thanks mate, I'm on dual boot, backing up everything first, maybe later today, or tomorrow will try to migrate from current to this UEFI hotpatch.

Thanks again.

I try to change SSDT-IGPU.aml.

screen-shot-2017-07-22-at-16-22-45-png.267971

Look like KBL driver work but when try to connect HDMI monitor I got crash

screen-shot-2017-07-22-at-16-23-22-png.267972

screen-shot-2017-07-22-at-16-24-48-png.267973

What changes must be done to get HDMI work?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 16.22.45.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 16.22.45.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 448
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 16.23.22.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 16.23.22.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 441
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 16.24.48.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 16.24.48.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 384
Status
Not open for further replies.