Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to check for assertions.
Don't forget to make sure hibernation is disabled.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
You are the man!
I did forget to disable hibernation after updating. I noticed this warning when disabling hibernation on my 850 G3 but didn't see it on the 650 G1.
{ ~/Projects/probook.git }# sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
Warning: Idle sleep timings for "Battery Power" may not behave as expected.
- Disk sleep should be non-zero whenever system sleep is non-zero.
Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 9.51.31 AM.png

I noticed this warning when disabling hibernation on my 850 G3 but didn't see it on the 650 G1.
{ ~/Projects/probook.git }# sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
Warning: Idle sleep timings for "Battery Power" may not behave as expected.
- Disk sleep should be non-zero whenever system sleep is non-zero.
View attachment 246997

Normal.

BTW, I have a feeling you forgot to use the port limit patch when you tested USB..
I did use port limit patch ,with windows am getting "mass storage" when I connect either USB 2 or USB3 devices using USB-C

It means your NVRAM configuration is wrong.
Make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi + RC scripts + a version of Clover where NVRAM isn't broken...
How do I correct NVRAM configuration ?? Have tried latest Clover Boot loader 4049 and a older version 4012 and am getting same results

Last edited:
I did use port limit patch ,with windows am getting "mass storage" when I connect either USB 2 or USB3 devices using USB-C

I created a custom USB SSDT for it based on what I see in this 440.
The 440 has the following configuration:
- USB2-only on left
- USB3 on right
- USB-C on right (type 10)

The type 10 was observed by removing USBInjectAll.kext, which causes ioreg to show what BIOS thinks the port configuration is. So, SSP2/SSP3 were _UPC type 10. According to ACPI spec this is USB-C with USB2 and USB3 "without switch". The "without switch" part, according to the way I read the spec, means that port takes up three ports on the controller, one HSxx, and two SSxx ports (one for each orientation of the cable).

I have no type-C adapter, so no ability to test at the moment...

I added SSDT-USB-4x0-G4.dsl based on this info (you can find comments in the file regarding the physical port layout as it relates to the logical port assignment on the XHCI controller). It is built by ./build.sh and installed by ./install_acpi.sh...

Since the configuration was very similar to the G3, which had already been shown to have another USB2-only port at HS05, I kept that port too, even though this laptop doesn't have it.

BTW, my observations regarding what has previously been described as a "restart during shutdown" is not that at all. Actually, shutdown works just fine. But shortly (~1-2 sec) after shutdown (power LED is off), the laptop powers itself on. So not really a restart during shutdown, but more of a "auto restart after shutdown." I suspect the USBs are still enabled for wake/power-on after the macOS shutdown process has completed, and any connected devices causes the laptop to power up. Some reading of the XHCI chipset datasheet documentation (from Intel) will be required.

How do I correct NVRAM configuration ?? Have tried latest Clover Boot loader 4049 and a older version 4012 and am getting same results

Make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and "RC scripts".
I'm using Clover r4052 (built from source).

Hi all, I'm using El Capitan on my Elitebook 2560p and I have followed an old guide (but I don't remember which one). Last OSX update broken my audio so I'm here.

In first post, under Known problems, I can see "Alternate/experimental fix: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-499#post-1410398", that seems perfect to me (am I right?) but link is broken.
EDIT: founded here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-498#post-1410398

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.

Make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and "RC scripts".
I'm using Clover r4052 (built from source).
only r4049 is available have installed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and "RC scripts".

I created a custom USB SSDT for it based on what I see in this 440.
The 440 has the following configuration:
- USB2-only on left
- USB3 on right
- USB-C on right (type 10)

The type 10 was observed by removing USBInjectAll.kext, which causes ioreg to show what BIOS thinks the port configuration is. So, SSP2/SSP3 were _UPC type 10. According to ACPI spec this is USB-C with USB2 and USB3 "without switch". The "without switch" part, according to the way I read the spec, means that port takes up three ports on the controller, one HSxx, and two SSxx ports (one for each orientation of the cable).

I have no type-C adapter, so no ability to test at the moment...

I added SSDT-USB-4x0-G4.dsl based on this info (you can find comments in the file regarding the physical port layout as it relates to the logical port assignment on the XHCI controller). It is built by ./build.sh and installed by ./install_acpi.sh...
Let me up date reporting back with results do I have to remove USBInjectAll.kext??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back