Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I copy SSDT.aml from EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched. When parsing SSDT-HACK.aml to SSDT-HACK.dsl, I got this warning:
0opN6ws.png

Is that normal? And should I change BKLT like this:
jTmvpez.png

When I try to save SSDT.dsl to SSDT.aml, I got this error:

g28O1HE.png

How can I fix this? Should I edit directly in SSDT.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched instead?
You're doing it the wrong way, go to Home in your computer, open projects you will find, probook.git,open inside you will find a folder by the name hotpatch open, look for SSDT-HACK. dsl open, change BKLT, 0...after that run the build is.... rebuild your ACPI files ie, cd ~/Projects/probook.git
ls build also remember to reinstall intelbacklight kext, hope it helps you

Last edited:
You're doing it the wrong way, go to Home in your computer, open projects you will find, probook.git,open inside you will find a folder by the name hotpatch open, look for SSDT-HACK. dsl open, change BKLT, 0...after that run the build is.... rebuild your ACPI files ie, cd ~/Projects/probook.git
ls build also remember to reinstall intelbacklight kext, hope it helps you

After running build.sh, should I run install_acpi.sh?

You do not have to repeat that! You should look at my post regarding backlight issues. I included my Problem reporting files there. See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-583#post-1473394

I already replied regarding the files you attached there.

My answer "no that is not an option as it stays dark" is related to the fact if I have installed backlight by bergdesign, this tool does not help at all. And BKLT is set to 1 in SSDT-HACK, as you can see in my posted troubleshooting files in the post mentioned above.

You did not provide updated "Problem Reporting" files after you (supposedly) changed to using IntelBacklight.kext.

So your answer use AppleBacklightInject + backlight by bergdesign does not help at all.

I never made any such suggestion.
My suggestion was IntelBacklight.kext + "Brightness" by bergdesign.

You need to learn to read carefully.

Last edited:
Hi Rehabman, after update to 10.12.4 and run beta installer I have brightness controls working but only at 50% or less of it's maximum capacity, the screen is darkness with brightness at maximum.

This is the same P vs. T profile problem. No real solution yet. Use IntelBacklight.kext + Brightness by bergdesign until a solution can be worked out. Read the AppleBacklightInjector thread/guide for more info.

I copy SSDT.aml from EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched. When parsing SSDT-HACK.aml to SSDT-HACK.dsl, I got this warning:
0opN6ws.png

Is that normal? And should I change BKLT like this:
jTmvpez.png

When I try to save SSDT.dsl to SSDT.aml, I got this error:

g28O1HE.png

How can I fix this? I upload my ACPI (origin and patched), please take a look.
Note: I use iasl compiler version 20161210-64(RM) and MaciASL version RM-1.31 (252.3)

I don't know why you are trying to disassemble SSDT-HACK.dsl.
You should change SSDT-HACK.dsl, then build it with build.sh, the install with install_acpi.sh (as per guide).

I don't know why you are trying to disassemble SSDT-HACK.dsl.
You should change SSDT-HACK.dsl, then build it with build.sh, the install with install_acpi.sh (as per guide).
Sorry for my bad. I finally figure out. Thank a lot for your time :)

@RehabMan did you manage to get 440 g4?? If you did have you done any tests? Thanks

Thank you RehabMan for your installation guides.

I installed 10.11 onto an HP EliteBook 8570p using the guide: HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Most everything seems to work well having used: ./install_acpi.sh install_8x70_hires and config_8x70p.plist.

If I could please get guidance with three issues:

1) I have no usb3 ports working. I only have one usb2 port working, along with the combo eSATA/usb2 port. What do I have to do to get the USB3 ports working?

2) The only resolution choice I have is 1024x768 and “scaled”. Alternating them in the control panel does nothing. But, the native resolution for my screen is 1920x1080. I have changed it in the .plist, but that didn’t help. What do I have to do to get the 1920x1080 resolution?

3) Screen brightness doesn’t work. What is the latest and greatest solution for that?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back