Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, the symptoms were that internal screen fades to black after apple loading bar

Press brightness up key.

without any external devices attached, also when trying to connect external display with DisplayPort cable, it causes instant reboot.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I had to patch HD4000 kext though to increase framebuffer size to 16MB, as OS X HD4000 driver has a bug with high resolution monitors, so it solved graphics corruption on external display.

Perhaps this is causing your problem.
I would have to see the exact patch you're using (hopefully, you're doing it from config.plist).

and installed random kext that has no effect on anything with Kext Utility 2.66.

"Random kext"???
Kext Utility?
Both not recommended by post #1!!!

So the problem was that after completing all the post install steps, there's still something that is required to fix cache, permissions or something, but I have no idea what. You can see copy/paste from my post install steps attached on post #4773, I don't think that I missed anything in it.

As per guide, you should boot without caches, then rebuild cache. Read post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio".

What "installer" are you referring to?
Your audio configuration is wrong. To fix:
- run the OS X installer to restore AppleHDA and IOHDAFamily.kext to vanilla
- remove all kexts not recommended by this guide...
realtekALC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext
AppleHDALoader.kext
AppleHDA885.kext
- run download.sh and install_downloads.sh as per guide
- your config.plist is wrong. Follow post #1, "Final config.plist".

Then boot without caches, and rebuild cache as per post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio".
As you have said above Run OSX installer ,so am I supposed to run directly on mackintosh or should do a clean install from boot menu.

As you have said above Run OSX installer ,so am I supposed to run directly on mackintosh or should do a clean install from boot menu.

You need to run the installer on your hack (it is not a "macintosh").
No need to do a clean install, although that might be a good idea (since it is clear you didn't follow the guide).

Press brightness up key.".

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".".

Perhaps this is causing your problem.
I would have to see the exact patch you're using (hopefully, you're doing it from config.plist).".

"Random kext"???
Kext Utility?
Both not recommended by post #1!!!".

As per guide, you should boot without caches, then rebuild cache. Read post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio".

I don't know if you did read my post at all or just quickly quoted but answers to all of these were there.

1. I said I did try brightness keys.
2. I didn't ask anything???
3. I said I didn't have external monitor plugged and also I patched it after everything else was working.
4. See #5
5. I said booting without caches, rebuilding cache and several reboots didn't work. So I tried to install a fake kext to see if Kext Utility does something that manually clearing caches and rebuilding cache didn't for some reason do.

You need to run the installer on your hack (it is not a "macintosh").
No need to do a clean install, although that might be a good idea (since it is clear you didn't follow the guide).
Actually Rehabman by mistake i have formated the USB which had the installer in it now i need to redownload it and its telling me about 8 hours for the file to be downloaded.
Except for audio i have followed your steps and each and every things working fine.
Actually i am taking classes for ios devolopment on UDEMY thats why i need a mac please help :(
REHABMAN thanks alot in advance .

Last edited:
I don't know if you did read my post at all or just quickly quoted but answers to all of these were there.

1. I said I did try brightness keys.
2. I didn't ask anything???
3. I said I didn't have external monitor plugged and also I patched it after everything else was working.
4. See #5
5. I said booting without caches, rebuilding cache and several reboots didn't work. So I tried to install a fake kext to see if Kext Utility does something that manually clearing caches and rebuilding cache didn't for some reason do.

You should not be using Kext Utility to install kexts, nor rebuilding cache.
You can install kexts with Terminal, and you can also rebuild cache with Terminal.
Kext Utility does strange things... definitely not recommended.

Fade to black is typically brightness level set to zero in NVRAM. Fix: Press brightness up key. Make sure you're pressing the right key, since it will depend on your setting in SysPrefs which key that is...

I don't know how to respond to your other #2, #3, as I can't tell what they correspond to.

Perhaps you should try a 1080p monitor to see if your issue is monitor specific (seems likely). Also undo whatever patch you did to the framebuffer.

Last edited:
Actually Rehabman by mistake i have formated the USB which had the installer in it now i need to redownload it and its telling me about 8 hours for the file to be downloaded.
Except for audio i have followed your steps and each and every things working fine.
Actually i am taking classes for ios devolopment on UDEMY thats why i need a mac please help :(
REHABMAN thanks alot in advance .

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I'm reluctant to add any support for a laptop that has ALPS trackpad.
If I may ask, why? The trackpad works for basic clicking using your VoodooPS2Controller when I am in the installer. Furthermore the laptop is comparable to the other laptops supported by this guide in my opinion (almost anything works using the already existing ProBook_4x0s_G3_Skylake installer). Would appreciate it if at least the custom USB SSDT can be added.

If I may ask, why? The trackpad works for basic clicking using your VoodooPS2Controller when I am in the installer. Furthermore the laptop is comparable to the other laptops supported by this guide in my opinion (almost anything works using the already existing ProBook_4x0s_G3_Skylake installer). Would appreciate it if at least the custom USB SSDT can be added.

I assume the trackpad is working as a mouse then... It is not ideal, but ok...
If you provide the ioreg, I'll take a look. Make sure you use -uia_ignore_rmcf and an existing USB SSDT that disables EHCI so that everything is on XHC (it is better and easier to create the SSDT).

Boot with "-f" flag, it'll do the trick. Worked for me on my 4340s, after the reboot I got audio. Get into the Clover screen > Options > Boot Args > hit Enter > type the flag at the end of the line > get back to the Clover screen > hit Space to check if the flag is there > boot.
Tried this didn't work for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back